• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your reverse milkshake duck

LogicAirForce

Neo Member
That's awesome. Just read now about his experiences in Thailand. I should dig into his albums, which ones would you recommend? Switched-On Lotus? Is that the same as Sim City?

Switched-On Lotus is the name of the album and the song, it's mostly a remix album with some new stuff. Oh man it's so hard to recommend his stuff cuz its all so good! Sim City is definitely one of my favorites, you can also try his newest solo album The Man Climbing the Hologram, which he made in 2015. Also check out the stuff from his old band P-Model, they ran from 1979 to 1999. My all time favorite album of his is Vistoron, its got a really aggressive atmosphere to it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uIYhsBCgrcw this is from the Vistoron concert back in 2005, I have some other concert vids on that channel if you would like to see them.

sorry if I'm a little too enthusiastic, he is my favorite musician and maybe my favorite person in general 😄

Edit: also, your profile says you work in psychology, correct? In the early 80s Hirasawa had a bit of a mental breakdown causing him to seek psychiatric help, and he got really into Jungian psychology. Many of his songs have Jungian themes to them.

Switched-On Lotus is the name of the album and the song, it's mostly a remix album with some new stuff. Oh man it's so hard to recommend his stuff cuz its all so good! Sim City is definitely one of my favorites, you can also try his newest solo album The Man Climbing the Hologram, which he made in 2015. Also check out the stuff from his old band P-Model, they ran from 1979 to 1999. My all time favorite album of his is Vistoron, its got a really aggressive atmosphere to it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uIYhsBCgrcw this is from the Vistoron concert back in 2005, I have some other concert vids on that channel if you would like to see them.

sorry if I'm a little too enthusiastic, he is my favorite musician and maybe my favorite person in general 😄

Edit: also, your profile says you work in psychology, correct? In the early 80s Hirasawa had a bit of a mental breakdown causing him to seek psychiatric help, and he got really into Jungian psychology. Many of his songs have Jungian themes to them.

Nice! Yeah, I work in psych. That's rad! I'll check them out, I love aggressive stuff :) I can tell from the avatar lol.

Guevara

Guy Fieri is actually a pretty decent guy:

> Fieri sold pretzels and washed dishes in grade school to finance a trip to France to study cuisine.

> He cut his hair like that, based on recommendations while he was competing (and later winning) Food Network Star. Now he doesn't feel like he can change it, which is kind of hilarious really.

> Fieri officiated 101 gay weddings in memory of his sister, who died of cancer.

> Fieri filmed more than 363 episodes of his show, and for each one he invited a Make-A-Wish child and their entire families to attend. Not just Diners..., but every show he is involved with.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wonder if Jimmy Kimmel counts. I remember his bit on the terrible Man Show where he basically got a woman who couldn't speak English to protest "women's suffrage" which felt really gross. Now he seems to be a decent guy on his talk show.

ISOM

Guy Fieri is actually a pretty decent guy:

> Fieri sold pretzels and washed dishes in grade school to finance a trip to France to study cuisine.

> He cut his hair like that, based on recommendations while he was competing (and later winning) Food Network Star. Now he doesn't feel like he can change it, which is kind of hilarious really.

> Fieri officiated 101 gay weddings in memory of his sister, who died of cancer.

> Fieri filmed more than 363 episodes of his show, and for each one he invited a Make-A-Wish child and their entire families to attend. Not just Diners..., but every show he is involved with.

I have no idea why so many on this forum hate Fieri because of his personality. Seems like an ok guy.

Eusis

I figured a reverse milkshake duck would be a racist who had a change of heart and became a great person.
Or maybe someone who makes middling entertainment or just something you don't care for but has admirable positions.

Chris Evans probably does count there. I'm not big into Captain America but he's been knocking it out of the park.
I wonder if Jimmy Kimmel counts. I remember his bit on the terrible Man Show where he basically got a woman who couldn't speak English to protest "women's suffrage" which felt really gross. Now he seems to be a decent guy on his talk show.
Oh, yeah, definitely a good example. Unlike his co-host he's been really respectable since.

He was rather insensitive but I wouldn't go that far? Unless I'm missing something...

He was extremely sexist. Like obscenely so.

I'm still blocked on twitter by him because I criticized him about it before he had his change of heart.

Lots of cunts thrown at womem, tons of bitchimg about feminism calling them feminazi sluts.

He was bottom barrel back in and around 2011. That he grew up amd changed so much is wonderful. I missed the change so it was very much reverse milkshake duck because one day all of a sudden he was saying some brilliant and feminist stuff and I was taken aback

I used to think Marylin Manson was a douchebag, but after watching some interviews with him, he's not what i thought.

After I saw his interview in Bowling for Columbine I was like 'shit, this dude actually cares.' Made me realise who you are on stage/your artist persona doesn't necessarily mean anything about who you are.

Eusis

After I saw his interview in Bowling for Columbine I was like 'shit, this dude actually cares.' Made me realise who you are on stage/your artist persona doesn't necessarily mean anything about who you are.
I'd need to see/listen to more of his stuff, but it's not uncommon for creative works to be an outlet for personal feelings. And perhaps something that's really, really angry is angry at the state of the world, in contrast to the brats who are angry they aren't the center of the world.

traveler

Not Wario
Chris Evans IS Cap. I get that they are going to eventually have to pass the reins on, but, uh, good luck filling those shoes. He nails the role, on and off screen.

All the personal attacks aimed at Fieri always seemed odd. ^ I mean, I'm not a huge dive person and, yeah, his haircut is ridiculous, but there's personal insults thrown at the guy over that and nothing else as far as I can tell. Speaks far more harshly of the person criticizing him than it does Fieri. I don't know if he's a legit good guy, but no one I've seen call him a douche has ever properly justified it. Nothing wrong with being passionate about everyday diner food.

I'd need to see/listen to more of his stuff, but it's not uncommon for creative works to be an outlet for personal feelings. And perhaps something that's really, really angry is angry at the state of the world, in contrast to the brats who are angry they aren't the center of the world.

Oh yeah totally, I saw Devin Townsend at download fest this year and I was thinking, who is this guy staring angrily at the crowd with this hardcore as fuck guitar and operatic screamo, and then he starts talking to the crowd in a cheerful Canadian accent about how dorky he is. Needless to say I became a fan!

He was extremely sexist. Like obscenely so.

I'm still blocked on twitter by him because I criticized him about it before he had his change of heart.

Lots of cunts thrown at womem, tons of bitchimg about feminism calling them feminazi sluts.

He was bottom barrel back in and around 2011. That he grew up amd changed so much is wonderful. I missed the change so it was very much reverse milkshake duck because one day all of a sudden he was saying some brilliant and feminist stuff and I was taken aback

did he change, or did he just learn how to stay quiet for the sake of his career?

Murkas

He was rather insensitive but I wouldn't go that far? Unless I'm missing something...

jimsterling_2.png

76b59ff0d647bcdb08d5e0cc54a3fb96d8741098.jpg

Fred Rogers.

I once heard someone say that he may well have been the second coming, and we'd never know the difference. To live at that level of awareness and empathy, and to turn it to something constructive on the scale he did, is frankly mindboggling. Every single person on the planet could benefit from being more like Mr. Rogers.

MazeHaze

Banned
http://www.metalinjection.net/shock...hil-anselmo-there-was-no-white-wine-backstage

His reactions after that were to be super defensive, call Flynn an SJW, whine about how being called a racist is the worst thing ever (worse than being racist apparently).

Anselmo is a racist douchebag and a complete fucking moron. I can't imagine anyone thinking he's a "reverse milkshake duck" or even a barely decent human being.
Let's not forget a year or two ago where he was caught on video giving a Nazi salute on stage and screaming "white power!" after playing "Walk" at that benefit concert or whatever.

Iirc his half-assed "apology" was something about how it was an inside joke because they were drinking white whine backstage. Yeah OK lol.

Edit:whoops, didnt see the link haha.

Edit edit : and I always thought it was known that "walk" was kind of a skinhead anthem. "Be yourself by yourself stay away from me" and "walk on home boy" etc.

Top Bottom