• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

benjipwns

Banned
Been playing this a week or two and just got to level 13.
The difficulty curve seems a bit steep?

The new areas I've been entering I've been getting absolutely annihilated.
I'm trying to do some sidequests and level up but it definitely feels like the difficulty has ramped up far too quickly and it's putting me off.

Also, I don't really understand the save system. Does it only save when I go near one of those post things that light green? It doesn't always seem to save all of my progress which is annoying.
I just saved by the gladiator arena place, but then when i went back to the game it started me out by Dr. Zed's hut... why is this, is this some kind of glitch?
You save all sorts of places, but you only respawn at certain ones.

If you can warp to it, you can respawn there.

SlickVic

Finished up the Claptrap DLC so I could be done with the first game before BL2. Have to say I enjoyed it a lot, and I really liked how the final parts of it did some nice throwbacks to the earlier DLC and the main game as well. All in all, I've definitely appreciated the writing (particularly the humor) for the DLC packs a lot more than the main game. Hopefully this trend continues into Borderlands 2 (and it seems like it might based on the few reviews I read so far).

ruxtpin

Banned
Does this game still have a fair amount of players on the 360? I just started digging into it. I wanted to play the first before trying the second out.

Edit: If you're on 360 and still play and are looking for a fellow gaffer... PM me or send me an FR on XBL (ruxtpin - same as my username here).

Finally got around to starting the Knoxx DLC. Why is there so much driving? Was Gearbox not informed that the driving is the worst part of the game?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Picked this up for PS3 earlier this week after listening to my friend raving about it and the sequel. Haven't started it yet as I won't be home again until Saturday, but are there still people playing this on PS3 who would be up for some coop with a newb? :3

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
So is anybody else playing this one now? Or has everyone moved on to 2?

I'm becoming overwhelmed with guns and have no idea which ones to be using in any given situation. (Level 20)

So what really is the point of doing EVERYTHING on my first play through?? Why shouldn't I just jump into Vault Hunter as soon as I can? I understand there are some mission weapons you should wait for after VH mode but wouldn't I loot the same (on average) weapons without waiting??

Edit: fuck I posted in the original Borderlands thread, this question refers to the sequel

chriskun

I just picked up this game on an agreement with some friends that we would play it co-op, but they of course are flaking on me. Anyone waiting to jump in on this and need a partner???

Number45

I never know whether to bump these OTs, or a LTTP. :/

Does anyone know if it's possible to resume at a waypoint rather than the start of an area? I had to call it quits last night about two thirds of the way through Sledge's hideout, but as I didn't want to run through it again I just left the PS3 on but I'd rather avoid that if I can.

I assume waypoints are just respawn points, but I wanted to check.

undrtakr900

Dammit why haven't they fixed that "Keep your Insides INside" glitch/bug. If you join a game where the host is ahead of you(story-wise) it'll glitch and unlock all of the missions on your quest log(even areas/NPC you haven't visited/talked to). Then it adds a "Buy a Medkit" mission that cannot be completed at all :(

This has happened to 2 of my characters and has killed my enjoyment of online. Conversely even when I host I feel bad for the other players thinking I might give them this "virus" that screws up the game.

I hope BL2 doesn't have this problem???
Can anyone confirm?
I never know whether to bump these OTs, or a LTTP. :/

Does anyone know if it's possible to resume at a waypoint rather than the start of an area? I had to call it quits last night about two thirds of the way through Sledge's hideout, but as I didn't want to run through it again I just left the PS3 on but I'd rather avoid that if I can.

I assume waypoints are just respawn points, but I wanted to check.
Nope, if you quit you can only start at a waypoint, sorry. The respawns are just temporary checkpoints.
So is anybody else playing this one now? Or has everyone moved on to 2?

I'm becoming overwhelmed with guns and have no idea which ones to be using in any given situation. (Level 20)
I'm on xBox and there's always like 7-15 available games(of varying levels) so I never had a problem finding a game.

Instead of finding the "Best" weapon, focus on one weapon type instead. As your weapon level increasing it'll give bonus to: damage, reload, accuracy, fire rate, etc. It's always better to have one weapon at level 15, than 3 weapons all at level 5.

Also before you invest in a weapon look at your "skills" and decide what type of player you want to be. Some weapons work better with specific skills, vic versa.
======
My Siren build for instance:
~ I focus on "Pheonix" which will light nearby enemies on fire after a kill. Since I'm going be in close proximity to enemies, the best weapon for me would be the Shottie.

Vashetti

Banned
Sorry to bump such an old OT, but didn't know where else to ask

Is anyone able to quickly boost me through the Crawmerax fight on PS3?

I'm level 57 Siren but my weapons are pretty crappy.

My PSN is Vashetti

Thanks! :)

Top Bottom