• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Auraela

Banned
You know, showing them in suggestive poses in scanty clothes. Kind of weirdly sexualised. They're ninjas, not lingerie models.

Expect much smaller maps and enjoyable bite-sized chunks of gameplay, interspersed with lots of visual novel stuff. You need to enjoy the aesthetic and the character interactions to enjoy the game. But if you think you want to play the game and you're worried you won't enjoy the gameplay, you should be fine. If you like musou games, you'll be surprised by the depth.

My main problem is im tired of dynasty / samurai ive leveled those heroes so.much in each game. I know these senran has alot less which will probs stop me getting fatigue. Whats the depth like on leveling / equipment if so ?

Im looking at pc should i pick up estival

My main problem is im tired of dynasty / samurai ive leveled those heroes so.much in each game. I know these senran has alot less which will probs stop me getting fatigue. Whats the depth like on leveling / equipment if so ?

Im looking at pc should i pick up estival

No Equipment whatsoever and levelling up is an easy affair (max level is 50) only padded by the sheer size of the roster.

The game has a mechanic where using the girls without transforming, transformed and on a special mode triggered at the beginning of the stage that will build up "mastery" of each form and will unlock bonus (infinite juggling on the air for example) for your character that is more difficult than levelling but just that.

Aske

I don't get it. It's Senran Kagura. They are sexualized, that's kinda the point

I don't like Call of Duty because it has soldiers in it.

That's the logic level of the point he's making haha.

The elite shinobi of the Gessen Girls Academy would never debase themselves by dressing in Christmas themed lingerie and laying around provocatively; that's all I'm saying. I think that wallscroll is kind of exploitative. It's like someone thinks people enjoy the franchise because they like seeing womens' clothes being ripped off their bodies. It's a mechanic: characters take more damage without their clothes. It's a side effect of battle. It's not just to appease the prurient interests of players who are sexually attracted to these kunoichi.

Puruzi

Banned
The elite shinobi of the Gessen Girls Academy would never debase themselves by dressing in Christmas themed lingerie and laying around provocatively; that's all I'm saying. I think that wallscroll is kind of exploitative. It's like someone thinks people enjoy the franchise because they like seeing womens' clothes being ripped off their bodies. It's a mechanic: characters take more damage without their clothes. It's a side effect of battle. It's not just to appease the prurient interests of players who are sexually attracted to these kunoichi.

I hope this is a joke.

If it isn't, the main reason the creator made this series was for jiggling tits in 3d on the 3ds. This is actually the truth.

Aske

I hope this is a joke.

If it isn't, the main reason the creator made this series was for jiggling tits in 3d on the 3ds. This is actually the truth.

For real? You don't sound like you're kidding, but Estival Versus doesn't come across like that to me at all. Just a wholesome adventure about young women coming to terms with bereavement, contemplating mortality, having boob-touching contests, accidentally making each other climax when applying sunblock, force feeding each other panties, and stripping each other naked before being knocked onto octopus pots and getting attacked by angry tentacles.

Any attempt to titillate players just went completely over my head.

Creepy

My tiny shinobi
so cute ~(˘▾˘~)

AE5s3la.jpg

III-V

can't tell if serious

For real? You don't sound like you're kidding, but Estival Versus doesn't come across like that to me at all. Just a wholesome adventure about young women coming to terms with bereavement, contemplating mortality, having boob-touching contests, accidentally making each other climax when applying sunblock, force feeding each other panties, and stripping each other naked before being knocked onto octopus pots and getting attacked by angry tentacles.

Any attempt to titillate players just went completely over my head.

well played

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sure hope Xseed got the rights to the Ikki Tousen characters to be in this as well when they finally got them for EV.

MetalDeer

If that's going to be the only physical version, then I guess I'll just wait and see if it'll get cheaper. Don't really feel like paying $70 for a game I might not like.

That Hibari art on the book is super cute, though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Eeehhhhh, knowing the previous LEs, maybe I should wait, even if Prime would take $14 off to make it $56.

Didn't the EV LE go down in price eventually? I feel like I saw it go down in price at BB &/or GS to the point the PS4 version was $40.

Edit: Oh right, Japan just got the 1.08 patch just last week. Now we gotta wonder once again what version will be included on the disc/be part of the "day one patch".

Ramune

Eeehhhhh, knowing the previous LEs, maybe I should wait, even if Prime would take $14 off to make it $56.

Didn't the EV LE go down in price eventually? I feel like I saw it go down in price at BB &/or GS to the point the PS4 version was $40.

Edit: Oh right, Japan just got the 1.08 patch just last week. Now we gotta wonder once again what version will be included on the disc/be part of the "day one patch".

I was very late to the EV party when I finally bought it a day before the announcement it would be on PC. Paid $40 off Amazon when I did.

MetalDeer

I mean, EV is only $30 on Amazon now. I'm hoping it'll be as readily available as the last two "LEs"

Edit: Meanwhile Shinovi Versus is like $150 new. Wow, when did that happen?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If I can get it for $40, especially via Best Buy's GCU to make it $32, I might pick it up then. Though I really don't have anything else I truly want to play during the summer until late August.

jwk94

So I'm looking at the upcoming Fate/Extella game on Switch. Is that similar to Senran Kagura in any way? Kinda hoping for more transforming heroes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So I'm looking at the upcoming Fate/Extella game on Switch. Is that similar to Senran Kagura in any way? Kinda hoping for more transforming heroes.
Sort of? From what I've heard, it seems to be a bit more in the Musou line. I've been thinking of checking it out, but considering I don't know much about the series (I watched Fate/Zero & the original Fate/Stay Night series), I feel like I won't be able to enjoy it as much.

jwk94

Sort of? From what I've heard, it seems to be a bit more in the Musou line. I've been thinking of checking it out, but considering I don't know much about the series (I watched Fate/Zero & the original Fate/Stay Night series), I feel like I won't be able to enjoy it as much.
I'm kinda in the same boat as you. Idk if I should even try since I didn't watch the anime.

He didn't confirmed it was a Senran Kagura game though, only that they're working on a second Switch game that unlike Refle, will see retail release.

That said, I think we can safely assume the big PS4 they're working on for next year is SK7. Also, probably the other PS4 game and one anime are Valkyrie Drive related.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
....I'm getting deja vu here, I feel like someone made a post stating it was up.

But damn, Prime discount won't apply for future LEs anymore, despite the fact this is the only physical version available. Guess I'll keep an eye on Best Buy now.

Demoskinos

That subtitle for the localized version is GREAT. Fuck, this might be the first physical game in a while that I need to buy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"SENRAN KAGURA producer Kenichiro Takaki will be doing a signing at our E3 booth, Thursday (6/15) from 3:00PM - 5:00PM PDT!"

"We'll also have a store during E3, filled with games and merch! Our booth will be located in West Hall, #4700."

For anyone going to E3 & wants to go visit Xseed's booth.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
Maybe I'm just being dumb, is the UK version of PBS available for pre-order yet? It looks like just the US version is available for now.

Spamification1

Neo Member
Marvelous Europe sent out an email about 12 hours ago saying preorders wil go live tomorrow at 10:30am BST. Kinda surprised no one here mentioned it, I only just checked my email just then.

flohen95

I haven't followed the news on this, so: Will there be a normal retail release of PBS in Europe or will it be LE only like every game has been in the US? I do know I want to get the game eventually, but I'm still not sure if I want to pay full price for it, though that decision would probably be moot if the physical release was LE only (seeing as I wouldn't want to take any chances).

MetalDeer

EU always gets stuff the US doesn't, so par for the course, I guess.

I appreciate what XSEED does, though. I don't really have the money for those expensive Marvelous LEs, so it's nice to get at least something extra.

Eolz

CEs are up, one like everywhere, the other with the 2kg Yumi mousepaf.

I haven't followed the news on this, so: Will there be a normal retail release of PBS in Europe or will it be LE only like every game has been in the US? I do know I want to get the game eventually, but I'm still not sure if I want to pay full price for it, though that decision would probably be moot if the physical release was LE only (seeing as I wouldn't want to take any chances).

There's a regular edition coming as well according to Marvelous.

Ultimadrago

EU always gets stuff the US doesn't, so par for the course, I guess.

I appreciate what XSEED does, though. I don't really have the money for those expensive Marvelous LEs, so it's nice to get at least something extra.

This game/LE doesn't particularly interest me, but I find it cool that Marvelous has something nice and extra with their Limited Editions. As you brought up, the EU Esitval Versus LE was superior to the US one as well.

Nice that there will be some English localized package getting the key limited item.

MetalDeer

Finally got Senran Kagura 2. It seems better than Burst by far, but man is it harder. Also not sure I like how slow some characters are. Katsuragi is usually my favorite to play as, but she's so slow in this. I'm assuming it gets better as you level up, but it's still kind of a turn off.

Finally got Senran Kagura 2. It seems better than Burst by far, but man is it harder. Also not sure I like how slow some characters are. Katsuragi is usually my favorite to play as, but she's so slow in this. I'm assuming it gets better as you level up, but it's still kind of a turn off.

Do the special missions as soon as you unlock them, you get Shinobi Stone equipment that'll boost the stats of characters like increase the attack speed or range of attacks

Top Bottom