• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

Banned
I've been playing with DS4 using the basic no-frills gamepad configuration (not the official config) and it's working well enough, with autoaim. The mostly missing keyboard functionality is indeed super annoying and they should revamp their input system to allow input from any active device. I lost some prime parts in a defense fissure when I was trying to type something in chat and the relic choice window came up; the UI got stuck, no keys or buttons worked, the other guys left and I was alone -> ragequit. The UI getting stuck is no news, but I'm pretty sure the controller/kb mixup had something to do with it in that case.
Are you using Steam? I've been trying to use the Steam configuration which offers a lot of nice options but it DOES NOT translate well to the game. If I could just get auto-aim to work I would be much happier, so that would be a big first step for me.

Are you using Steam? I've been trying to use the Steam configuration which offers a lot of nice options but it DOES NOT translate well to the game. If I could just get auto-aim to work I would be much happier, so that would be a big first step for me.

Yeah, Steam with the basic Gamepad config. I remember having some trouble with the official configuration and didn't really try to figure it out.

Saprol

Picked up the primed gambit, prisma grakata, and the syandana. Glad there were Lith excavations when I logged in for lazy ducats.

Izayoi

Banned
Just found Nexus Stats which seems to be more inline with expectations on prices than warframe.market. I definitely got a lot of angry responses last night when I was quoting prices from warframe.market so maybe I'll just pay a few extra platinum to avoid the trouble.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Using warframe.market for price checks is not the right way to go about it. People in trade chat are constantly highballing/lowballing, if that's your thing then fine but don't expect consistent values. You should use warframe.market prices to contact warframe.market sellers, using "/w <seller name> wtb whatever".

Nexus stats is a manually updated price aggregate. Warframe.market is for targeted selling and buying.

Izayoi

Banned
Using warframe.market for price checks is not the right way to go about it. People in trade chat are constantly highballing/lowballing, if that's your thing then fine but don't expect consistent values. You should use warframe.market prices to contact warframe.market sellers, using "/w <seller name> wtb whatever".

Nexus stats is a manually updated price aggregate. Warframe.market is for targeted selling and buying.
Thank you for the advice. I was really surprised at how incredulous some people were when I was making offers. One guy wrote several paragraphs explaining to me why he couldn't sell Trinity Prime Set for less than 100p. He was SUPER INVESTED in making sure that I knew just how rare and exclusive she was because she was in the Vault. :lol

This game would really benefit from some kind of in-game auction house.

Haly

Like Path of Exile, I think the devs prefer a market with arbitrage than the kind of economy a WoW-esque auction style creates. That said, trade chat is really bad because it preys on new players who don't know how to judge value or alternate resources for trading.

Either way an auction house has been asked for since the start and I think the devs have no desire to implement one.

Izayoi

Banned
That's a shame - I guess I can see what the devs are going for, especially given the fact that a real money currency is involved, but it was still a huge turnoff for me and I can see how it would be super intimidating and even potentially exploitative for someone going in blind.

Can you inspect people via chat posts? I haven't tried, but I would assume not because the guy who offered to sell me Trinity for a fairly reasonable 60p didn't realize I was MR0 until he had invited me to his dojo for trading.

Haly

Can you inspect people via chat posts? I haven't tried, but I would assume not because the guy who offered to sell me Trinity for a fairly reasonable 60p didn't realize I was MR0 until he had invited me to his dojo for trading.

I think you can see profile from a name yes.

FeArTriX

That's a shame - I guess I can see what the devs are going for, especially given the fact that a real money currency is involved, but it was still a huge turnoff for me and I can see how it would be super intimidating and even potentially exploitative for someone going in blind.

I highly recommend that you ask someone in the clan if they have the vaulted relics and want to use them.

I have a couple of relics that has some of the parts of Trinity prime if you ever see me online in the clan don't hesitate to ask to try your luck with them.

btw Trinity prime is really costly for a new players , when I first played warframe a couple of months ago I was happy to buy my first prime frame for 30 plat ( it was Trinity ) only to realize that most if the resources to make her was way hard to get for me .

Always check the build requirements befor purchasing anything

I was given mine by a friend. He also gave me it while it only had 2 more stars left to level up, which I still haven't finished.

Very generous of your friend, when i first heard of those mods and the credits needed i resigned myself to waiting until i can handle that.

Like Path of Exile, I think the devs prefer a market with arbitrage than the kind of economy a WoW-esque auction style creates. That said, trade chat is really bad because it preys on new players who don't know how to judge value or alternate resources for trading.

Either way an auction house has been asked for since the start and I think the devs have no desire to implement one.

Plus they rely on more plat coming in the economy than constantly recycling the same amount.

I think Maroo's Bazzar is an interesting start but it needs some improvements (i don't think you can set a price while in "vending mode" but i could be wrong).

Haly

Plus they rely on more plat coming in the economy than constantly recycling the same amount.

Yeah, an auction house would devalue plat and it's their lifeline while gold is only a fraction of Blizzard's income.
I think Maroo's Bazzar is an interesting start but it needs some improvements (i don't think you can set a price while in "vending mode" but i could be wrong).
Maroo's Bazzar seems kind of backwards. Flashbacks to setting up a "shop" in Ragnarok Online or whatever the fuck.

Manzoon

Banned
These Ayatan time trials are rough D:

There are only a few different speed run tile types so once you learn them you're set. They are easier than they used to be, pre-movement 2.0 was brutal and any mistake was a failure.

Edit: all of those speed run tiles can appear in void missions if you want to hunt for them. Plus the Orokin derelict for those.

Today's sortie reward was a pistol riven. Which pistol I hear you ask? Why my favorite pistol in the whole wide world, the goddamn Stug.

Naite

Fucking Sortie 2. Went in with a squad of Mesas and Ashs, then half the level was underwater archwing. And all of us didn't have optimal AW gear.

Nordicus

That feeling when you go into a Neo fissure defense, and get carried by people dumping Radiants into it, some vaulted.

Don't think I picked my own relic drop even once. The one time I rolled a pretty alluring Uncommon, another person rolled a Rare.

OOoooo

So I'm dumb as ALL the hells. I had 7 of those Ayatan Vaya sculptures...they're worth 1,800 ducats each. I put them on the ship as decoration lmao.

Yeah, an auction house would devalue plat and it's their lifeline while gold is only a fraction of Blizzard's income.

Maroo's Bazzar seems kind of backwards. Flashbacks to setting up a "shop" in Ragnarok Online or whatever the fuck.

haha

I kinda like it but that's maybe because i will associate the Resident Evil 4 merchant to the whole thing and get a chuckle

I have them but I had a rank 9 phaedra modded for magnetic damage and a rank 25 agkuza equipped because I was still in the middle of mastering the rest of the AW shit.

Damn i know that feel. :/

That recent Razorback event was somewhat of a blessing in disguise since it allowed me to level up almost all of my archwing stuff.

Steve tweeted the map for PoE
33VQURf.jpg

Haly

700+ hours of Warframe and the only mod I've maxed is Serration.

That is burned into my mind, it's the same thing I thought when I first checked out the bazaar.

Just needed a sound byte for the buyer interacting :D

Started to use the Soma Prime and i think i see why people loved it so much. Thinking of doing a build but should it be crit (all those yellows) or status (all that slash/bleed) or could i get both?.

Manzoon

Banned
Way back in the day, I was always waffling between Soma Prime and Latron Prime. I'd say crit just because of the high multiplier, but I've honestly not tried to build for status on it. The big problem I had with it in long void missions was ammo, it gobbles it up and I was never going to waste a mod slot on ammo mutation, so I was dropping lots of packs.

Soma Prime does shine if you are running four Corrosive Projections and can just build for slash and viral. It can melt nullifier bubbles too, although I usually brought my marelok for the healing proc and had that built to pop bubbles.

Jellie

Holy shit euphona prime. Took it with only mods I could fit from mastery rank and a potato on it and was one shotting enemies in kuva flood.

Holy shit euphona prime. Took it with only mods I could fit from mastery rank and a potato on it and was one shotting enemies in kuva flood.
Did you use the secondary fire? It's basically a pistol version of tigris prime which means you can get it to have a status effect on every pellet fired. Thanks to the copious multishot that pistols get via mods, you can get 28 status procs per attack using it. More with a riven mod. The falloff is pretty bad though, but since it's a one-hander you can combo it with glaive.

The basic fire is lex prime without hitscan accuracy, which is still pretty damn good.

Strider

Back to clearing out the starchart and these Archwing missions are just annoying as hell... Worst part is no one else queues for it so you're always doing it solo and since I barely play archwing missions my mods are terrible too.

Manzoon

Banned
Back to clearing out the starchart and these Archwing missions are just annoying as hell... Worst part is no one else queues for it so you're always doing it solo and since I barely play archwing missions my mods are terrible too.

I personally really like the variation in play style that the archwing missions have, but the implementation is definitely lack luster. Hopefully with the Plains of Eidolon stuff it will be a lot easier to level archwing gear and get mods.

VandalD

I personally really like the variation in play style that the archwing missions have, but the implementation is definitely lack luster. Hopefully with the Plains of Eidolon stuff it will be a lot easier to level archwing gear and get mods.
PoE won't be using your archwing weapons, but it looks like we might be able to level our archwings there. Probably not any mod drops for them though.

goblin

The only thing I'm missing from Baro is Primed Fast Hands. Are there any weapons this mod is secretly really good on or can I continue to safely ignore it?

Manzoon

Banned
PoE won't be using your archwing weapons, but it looks like we might be able to level our archwings there. Probably not any mod drops for them though.

God, I never noticed that during the streams. I guess I can understand why, but that is a little weird.

What am I supposed to do with my extra War bp?

Can I sell it? It won't even let me search for it on the market so I have no idea what it even goes for.

Haly

Why would you ever want to do anything in T1 aside from run around and collect loot??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom