• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alchemy

Is there a list anywhere of how large the digital releases on Vita games are yet? I'm still trying to decide on a memory card to pick up.

Ikkarus

There's a Vita Truck? Where do you work?

I work for an online retailer in the UK. Got an email in the afternoon saying a Vita truck was coming to the office to demo the console and games. The fact there is two chances to win a Vita is great news for me!

No way. The Cave?

I didn't know they could handle polygons! Chunky 32bit graphics were a good match for Snowboarding games I think.

Haha, yep. I think they worked on it with another company, though. And if I recall they also made a racing game around that period.

Mr.Fresh

Just played with it at Gamestop. I preordered right away. Damn the vita is a sexy beast. Uncharted feels like..... Uncharted which is great and gravity rush or daze or watever was great buying both.

Just played with it at Gamestop. I preordered right away. Damn the vita is a sexy beast. Uncharted feels like..... Uncharted which is great and gravity rush or daze or watever was great buying both.

I've seen similar stories posted many times on GAF. It's good to see that the system makes a great first impression.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So by having cross platform play, you thought they'd have weekly sales. Interesting logic.

In all fairness, they DO have fortnightly sales. Just that they're usually shit.

Not just cross platform play. I imagine they had to work together on the infrastructure. I was hoping they'd shoot ideas back and forth about how they run stuff. I mean, everyone knows Steam is very successful in the DD market. You'd think they'd want to get some tips out of them.

Sorry for doing this, but my post was the last of the previous page and got totally lost. I'd like an answer to this from you guys that are a lot more inform, to see whether I should get one or not. Thanks a lot.

What's the Monster Hunter situation for the Vita? I mostly only want one to play MH and some other games in between.

I know there's supposed to be some upscale of a PSP one, but I'm not sure on the number, since I've missed the last few.

Also I'm interested to know the region restrictions, particularly regarding online play and the store. Can I use 2 different country stores like on the PS3? Or am I stuck with just the one. I'm thinking about importing from the US, since the local price of a really crappy bundle (4GB card, Mod Nation Racers) is about $440 in my country.

Edit: Also if someone knows the box dimensions and weight it would be great.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I've been avoiding going to retail stores and getting a hands on with the Vita. I've already been sold on the device. My first time holding it will be when it's in my sweaty hands on the 22nd of this month.

I just think that if I tried it out now, it would make the wait just that much harder. I've been tiding myself over with reading threads like this, watching that bajillion part Livestream from Red Sun Gamer, and reading books on the Kindle app on my phone.

If only it were possible for Sony to team up with Amazon and release a Kindle app for the Vita. I'd imagine that reading books on that 5 inch screen would be really comfortable (it's pretty damn comfortable on my phone, so I can't imagine it being worse).

It'd be great in general if Sony partnered with some ebook companies to promote that stuff on the Vita. The touch screen interface and screen size seems perfect for it.

What's the Monster Hunter situation for the Vita? I mostly only want one to play MH and some other games in between.

I know there's supposed to be some upscale of a PSP one, but I'm not sure on the number, since I've missed the last few.

There is a rumor the PS3 remaster of portable 3rd will come to the Vita at some point. Outside of that you have the digital versions of PSP games from PSN with added Vita controls like mapping the d-pad to the second stick.

The most recent monster hunter game and the next one are on the 3DS

Kuran

Banned
There is a rumor the PS3 remaster of portable 3rd will come to the Vita at some point. Outside of that you have the digital versions of PSP games from PSN with added Vita controls like mapping the d-pad to the second stick.

The most recent monster hunter game and the next one are on the 3DS

I thought that version was already out in Japan. D'oh. Let's hope that isn't the rumored MH-related Vita announcement that has been going around.

The Vita was the perfect machine I imagined when enjoying Monster Hunter on PSP.. and now that it's here.. there's no Monster Hunter! -_-@

Anyway, until Capcom ads infrastructure mode to its handheld Monster Hunter games, I'm NOT interested.

The free 8GB card will be enough for me, I'll wait to see if they announce a 64GB card down the line.

Someone should make a seperate thread about the Amazon.fr deal. 230 Euro's for a Wi-Fi Vita with a free 8GB card included. Should lower the barrier of entry for many people.

Ken

Think I'll get Hot Shots Golf, import Gravity Daze, and get an 8GB memory card. Now to decide if I should spend the extra money to get it a week early.

KillGore

the voucher doesnt start until AFTER the first paid (15$) month is over

What about the free game? will that be available without the purchase of the first paid month? (I ask because I read on Amazon forums that the game would be free only if you activate the first month with ATT)

I wonder what game it will be, I'm guessing we have no choice in the matter.

Mastperf

Went to preorder my memory card from Gamestop and they sold me the 8GB one since the cards didn't have a street date. It's so little. O:

Not just cross platform play. I imagine they had to work together on the infrastructure. I was hoping they'd shoot ideas back and forth about how they run stuff. I mean, everyone knows Steam is very successful in the DD market. You'd think they'd want to get some tips out of them.

I can see where you're coming from, but there's just too large a difference in corporate culture between a light agile company like Valve and the corporate inertia of a Sony.

Maybe now Kaz will be able to shake it up a bit, but I wouldn't bet on it.

What about the free game? will that be available without the purchase of the first paid month? (I ask because I read on Amazon forums that the game would be free only if you activate the first month with ATT)

The free game doesn't kick in till you subscribe for one month. You have to pay $15 for the first month to get the free game.

Im pretty sure thats correct....no game until you use voucher which isnt good until you ponyup 15$

as for what game it is I have no idea...i read somewhere something about wipeout but idk.

the choice of games will be my deciding factor (as many others im sure) whether to even bothering with first time activation/voucher

Picked up a HK Vita today, the one bundled with Uncharted - also came with a soft case, 4gb memory card, screen protector and a plastic case that takes 8 games and two memory cards, plus I grabbed Ridge Racer too. Just made a HK account and I'm downloading demos for Gravity Rush and Ragnarok Odyssey.

This thing makes a great first impression, it's a very slick piece of kit, the speakers are clear and loud and the OLED screen is just simply gorgeous - I played the first 4 chapters of Uncharted and, for a handheld title, looks beautiful. I had some trouble with the aiming at first, but found that the sixaxis tilt is super helpful for making quick adjustments, and now I'm racking up the headshots with ease. Think I'm going to leave it there for the moment, as I'm only going to have to wipe everything when the UK Vita store goes live. Can't wait to pick up Wipeout & Everybody's Golf.

KillGore

Im pretty sure thats correct....no game until you use voucher which isnt good until you ponyup 15$

as for what game it is I have no idea...i read somewhere something about wipeout but idk.

the choice of games will be my deciding factor (as many others im sure) whether to even bothering with first time activation/voucher

Thanks (you too Marty)

Hmmm...I have Wipeout preordered so that wouldn't be good for me. Hopefully Sony will tell us what game it is before the 22nd, but that wouldn't be very Sony-like.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

It's going to be a $15 or less PSN game, not WipeOut.

I'll do it.
I was going to pay $15 for Escape Plan anyway. I'll see how the 3G works for 2 months.

TheExodu5

Banned

Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

SOOOOOOOOLD

I've been wanting to play the PSP Monster Hunters for a long time after having played Tri. I could never deal with the claw grip.

Toki767

I'll do it.
I was going to pay $15 for Escape Plan anyway. I'll see how the 3G works for 2 months.

It'll probably be a choice between Plants vs Zombies or Escape Plan. Those are currently the only $15 games announced.

I'll do it.

Isn't it really a $10 game though? The bundle says save $55 which is $30 for the 8 gig card, $15 for the month, that leaves $10 to equal $55.

KillGore

1) if any of you want an online buddy to play with, PM me please. Would love to game with fellow VitaGafers. I'm 32 years old fyi

2) question: So, say i login to account 1, download my purchased PSN/PSP games,
Can i then sign into account 2 to play them?

On the Vita you mean? the console only allows one account per unit I believe.

Mastperf

So......you bought the 8gb card even though you didn't want it?

Uh...what? I went to preorder the 8gb to pick up at launch and they just outright sold it to me early since Sony didn't force a street date on them. I meant the physical size is so little, not the storage. Sorry about the confusion.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
i'm assuming those AR cards will be on Sony's site to print out right? in case you lose them, or have a Japanese Vita?

patsu

I'll do it.

Remember the paid one month subscription includes free AT&T WiFi Hotspot access. It's not just 3G access.

I haven't decided when to activate it. Besides waiting for the free game announcement, I kinda wanna activate together with fellow Gaffers. Otherwise, it may get a little boring. ^_^

Also, just pre-ordered FIFA today and then stopped. Sony and AT&T should announce the free game soon, or I won't order any games at all.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Isn't it really a $10 game though? The bundle says save $55 which is $30 for the 8 gig card, $15 for the month, that leaves $10 to equal $55.

Yes, but Jeff or some other Sony guy tweeted that the game would be worth $15.
Who knows though, bit of fuzzy math on someone's part.

1) if any of you want an online buddy to play with, PM me please. Would love to game with fellow VitaGafers. I'm 32 years old fyi

2) question: So, say i login to account 1, download my purchased PSN/PSP games,
Can i then sign into account 2 to play them?

Too old.

I'm 33

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

SOOOOOOOOLD

I've been wanting to play the PSP Monster Hunters for a long time after having played Tri. I could never deal with the claw grip.

That is doable but only to a certain extent. THe hot-keys would be a damn good addition in a more dedicated rework re-release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom