• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Battlefield game?

Battlefield One (conquest), followed by Bad Company 2. The only ones I remember being able to just load up and play for hour an hour and have a blast guaranteed, with no moaning about shitty maps or issues. They were good consistent experiences.

The older ones are too dated with their janky gunplay. I remember them being more amazing in concept.

BF2 was a big improvement when it released. 3 and 4 I remember being better again in many ways, but a bit worse in some others, and had shitty grenade spam chockepoint maps on rotation like Metro. Honestly I can hardly distinguish between them in my memory.

I'm completely discounting single player here.

Herne

Loved 1942, Vietnam, BF2, BF3 and BF4 (all on pc, of course). Have to agree that the series has gone downhill in many respects, especially in scope, since BF2. One of my fondest memories in LAN gaming is flying over the battlefield in Vietnam in my helicopter - playing Ride of the Valkyries as we take off in formation, then switching to Surfing Bird as we got closer to the battle to annoy the guys on the ground (especially one who hated that song, he'd be fighting along when suddenly we're flying overhead and he can hear "bird... bird... bird..."). When BF2 died and we created our own games where we'd all grab a vehicle and let one guy get a head start, then we'd all be after him in buggies and what-not. The screams as we attempt to run him off the road and kill him and then starting off again with the winner then being chased.

2142 was meh and BF1 is missing something. Never played Hardline, the Bad Company series or any console-only titles.

Senua

nothing will surpass Bad company 2, i think the Dice team who made Bad company 2 is gone, or they made it by a very lucky shot, everything else they made is trash in comparison

i don't want them to make Bad company 3 because i know they will completely fuck it up, let the masterpiece rest in peace

Sounds like you didn't really play much battlefield before BC2.

Damon

Bad Company 1 maps >>>

Had the most fun.

Liked BF1943 too, wish they supported it with DLC instead of abandoning it.

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Agree with this so much. I enjoyed 2 and Desert Combat on the PC, but my fav is still BC2. BC1 was good, but they still didn't have the new formula down pat yet. BC2 they absolutely nailed it. Great example is how on BC1 I never wanted to play the maps that didn't have vehicles but on BC2 my favorite map was Arica Harbor and it had no vehicles. (That "closet" near A created some amazing memories.)

One thing I liked in the BC series was the gunplay--it felt like there was more of an emphasis on aiming shots and less spray and pray. BF3 felt like they went after the COD crowd way too hard and I didn't like it much at all. Easily my least fav entry that I've played.

4 was a train wreck at launch but once they got all of the problems ironed out it really shined. Shame it took so long but I enjoyed it quite a bit. I love that they went back to WWI for BF1, I just wish they could have made the weaponry reflect that a little more (would have to seen less fully auto weapons).

asocirev

Battlefield 1942 was the game I spent the most time on. I was fresh out of the military in 2002 and hadn’t kept up with gaming much. 1942 really was a special game and came out at the right moment for me.

People are mentioning the desert combat mod, and you can put me into that camp as well - it was a blast! Late nights, long sessions and LAN parties with the Desert Combat mod made me dread work in the morning. I was shit at flying the Apache helicopters with a mouse but I was so much better at it than everyone else I tried to monopolize them. It brought me so much joy to snag a helicopter, kill some guys on the ground take out someone’s tank....and then promptly crash into a mountain!

oliverandm

Bad Company 2. Battlefield 3. Battlefield 2? I don't know, they're all good, so I was disappointed by Battlefield 1 when I got that... progression system is ridiculous and slow, and many of the maps, though beautiful, weren't that fun...

Fbh

I think I'm in the minority but It's BF1 for me.

I just really love the way the game plays and looks. I like how the TTK feels a bit longer than in other games and I like the retro weaponry. I've also always sucked at vehicles but in this one I actually feel useful when using them.

And I love how "cinematic" it is. The term is often used to describe linear and very scripted games, but I think this big multiplayer game does just as good of a job at being cinematic. I've lost the count of the number of times I've been in some situation that makes you feel like you are in some war movie, and it's all happening unscripted and in real time.

Ceadeus

I would have to say 4 on ps4. Most amount of fun I've had in the series.

Second goes to bf2 pc. Back in the day it was CSS and bf2 all day.

jorkila

2142 got me into online gaming, I had a little dabble with BF 2 during that time but man I put some hours into 2142, pulled a few all nighters too!!

Sunk plenty of time into BF4 too, I love BF1 but really haven't given it the time it deserves even though I own it on Xbox and PS4!!

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Darn I was gonna troll.

I'd pick BF2, but Hardline actually has the most fun game mode in all BF games.

To be honest, I actually really liked some bits of hardline.
There arent really any cop games this gen, so for that reason alone hardline is interesting.

Rawker

I think I'm in the minority but It's BF1 for me.

I just really love the way the game plays and looks. I like how the TTK feels a bit longer than in other games and I like the retro weaponry. I've also always sucked at vehicles but in this one I actually feel useful when using them.

And I love how "cinematic" it is. The term is often used to describe linear and very scripted games, but I think this big multiplayer game does just as good of a job at being cinematic. I've lost the count of the number of times I've been in some situation that makes you feel like you are in some war movie, and it's all happening unscripted and in real time.

no doubt its the most complete bf package, everything about it feels organic like the earlier bf games. maybe its the setting and the restrictions because of it, but everything feels natural like destruction. i just wish the game speed was like 75%, it feels good getting back to battle sooner but once there it sometimes feels like COD.

sk3tch

Battlefield 4 - can't stop playing MP. I haven't ever really clicked with Battlefield 1 so back I went to BF4 and I am glad that I did.

Find me here.

Koopatrol

I've only played BF3, BF4, and BF1, but out of those I'd have to say BF3. I think I spent 350 hours on it, probably my favorite multiplayer FPS behind Resistance: Fall of Man.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Only played Bad Company 2, 3, 4, and Battlefield 1.

I’d say Battlefield 1 Operations is my favorite, followed by Battlefield 3, then 4, and finally BC2.

NuKERxyz

Bad company 2 was awesome, but liked a lot of 3 too.
I don't dislike battlefield 1 but I miss having a variety of weapon attachments.

Portugeezer

Bad Company 2. Day destruction, and great maps, even brought back some BC1 maps which were missed by many as BC1 was 360 exclusive.

EA needs to wake up and remaster this... Oh it will probably be full of lootshits, I mean shitboxes... so maybe not. A man can dream.

Mojoraisin

Battlefield 2 on PC. I'd say it's the last BF game that required some skill to be a pilot and vehicles in general. BF1942 had a wonderful learning curve for aircraft and the DC mod and the choppers was just magnificent. Hard but rewarding.

There was something special with BF 2 when it arrived though. The gun play was still somewhat lacking (that is way better in the sequels) everything else felt right. Playing that game for the first time was just WOW. I had huge expectations and they delivered. They still kept the huge maps, the graphics were mind blowing, the commander mode was new and they kept chose a more colorful battlefield palette than we've seen since (apart from '43 and heroes).

Nosgotham

Battlefield 2. Besides bad company 2 the series has gone wayyyy downhill since. Battlefield 2 on OG Xbox was the biggest time sink for me. People talked, you couldn't squad spawn. You could here enemies mics...

It was great. Deadly pass all dayyy

Bookoo

I got back in to BF series around BFBC2 and have stayed with it since. I feel like my friends and I fell off of BF1 quicker than BF3/4, but I still enjoy the series.

BF 1943 on PSN for me, never understood why they didn't bring it to PC.

Loved BF 2 and 3 on PC as well. BF 4, not so much for some reason. BF1 has probably seen the most playtime from me, but my favourite is still 1943. Wake Island, what a classic.

oObLiViOuZz

Neo Member
Personally, I loved everything from Bad Company up to BF1; however, I think Battlefield 3 & Battlefied 4 were the best. So many good memories with friends and family playing these games. Looking forward to the next modern warfare battlefield game with the enhanced graphics that we saw in BF1.

rolandss

Multiplayer for Bad Company 2 on PS3 was great. It got everything right - maps, gunplay, balance, I thought it was perfect.

It was the only battlefield game for me where I could easily play across all classes too and feel like I was doing it right.

Senua

Battlefield 2. Besides bad company 2 the series has gone wayyyy downhill since. Battlefield 2 on OG Xbox was the biggest time sink for me. People talked, you couldn't squad spawn. You could here enemies mics...

It was great. Deadly pass all dayyy

Dude that was Battlefield 2 Modern combat, one of the worst BF games ever made. You sure you aren't confusing it with the classic Battlefield 2 on PC?

RVIDXR

BF4. The first game I bought with my PS4. Sniper headshots from hundreds of meters away was video game crack.

wenaldy

BFBC2. The "wookie"/ scout class is so satisfying. I love the Vietnam DLC too.

BF 1943. Simple and great 15 dollars game. I love flying the Zero and kamikaze'ing into opponent's carrier.

Södy

Battlefield 2 with BC2 following shortly after.

Overall, BF2 was waaaaay better in terms of tactics and experience. BC2 was insane fun though.

Aztorian

B-Bad Company! I can't denyyyyyy. Baad, Bad Company til the day I dieeee..

Bad Company 2 was the best. Sniping with the shotgun anyone?

lumzi23

Only played Battlefield 1, Battlefield 4 and Bad Company 2 singleplayer.

Of those BF1 wins out because of the multiplayer.

Top Bottom