• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubobutts

i'm wondering if there have been near minor riots over something you could pop into an asian grocery and grab off the shelf

oh i read like a chapter of magus bride and was like 'eh this ain't for me'
It’s about the memes

There are even recipes online for the specific McDonalds version but that doesn’t stop people.

Seventy70

"nerd humor" is just the worst. It's like being theoretically funny without actually being funny. I'm so glad the GB crew mostly avoids that shitty humor. Ben does a lot of it though...

daveo42

Banned
It would be great if we could combine properties people love and would die for with meaningful political change and progress as humanity to change the world.

tumblr_oxhz4ttxDg1qjb84ro1_540.png

so uhhh people really want that rick and morty sauce

danm999

It would be great if we could combine properties people love and would die for with meaningful political change and progress as humanity to change the world.

Someone on Twitter joked Rick should demand universal healthcare next season.

I've actually seen 6 movies in theaters this year - Get Out, Big Sick, Baby Driver, Blade Runner, Mother!, and Logan Lucky - and I almost feel like that isn't enough. Love going to the movies. Fuck old man Jeff.

And by the way, Blade Runner is amazing. You can't hope for a better sequel.

derFeef

SHiiiit I need to get to the movie theater more often. Failed the promise to watch IT this week, will probably fail to watch Blade Runner also.

Has anyone played the Journey Down games and have any impressions? What is the tone?

Still out of state but I bought an iPad Pro 12.9 and was thinking about grabbing the trilogy. Like pnc games via touch.

robotrock

Banned
Seriously though for a show people say is actually pretty smart most of the memes are super dumb.

I really have no idea how the idea that Rick and Morty is smart humor started. This most recent season is practically at Family Guy levels of just throwing out references and not really doing anything with them.

"nerd humor" is just the worst. It's like being theoretically funny without actually being funny. I'm so glad the GB crew mostly avoids that shitty humor. Ben does a lot of it though...
Yeah, I kinda wish he would not try to shoehorn some attempt at intentionally awkward/lame humour. I like it when he's actually trying to discuss things instead of doing some bit designed to fall flat, because he does that a lot.

Seriously though for a show people say is actually pretty smart most of the memes are super dumb.
Memes are just dumb, full stop.

Blade Runner 2049 is an excellent movie. I think it's better than the first, but I'll need to rewatch that since I only saw it once when I was an ignorant teen that only thought it was "okay". Hoping the good word of mouth and the international audience saves it from being a total commercial flop. Would be great to have Hollywood be confident in doing more sci-fi movies like it.

Still haven't watched this latest season of Rick and Morty. I really like that show too. It fucking sucks that a large section of the fanbase is made up of manchildren.

I'm excited that after October, there are no more releases I'm looking forward to. November and December are gonna be great for catching up on everything I've missed!

Joeku

Such is the problem with "memes". They don't convey ideas. They're just references. Hearing Morty trying to sideline Rick's nihilism and talk his sister into hanging out with the family after a disastrous sci-fi adventure cannot really be conveyed in impact font on a jpeg with any weight.

Ergo, "I'M PICKLE RIIIICK"

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I really have no idea how the idea that Rick and Morty is smart humor started. This most recent season is practically at Family Guy levels of just throwing out references and not really doing anything with them.

Like is pickle Rick a deep metaphor on something or is the joke that he's literally a pickle

Jintor

Like is pickle Rick a deep metaphor on something or is the joke that he's literally a pickle

from what i understand the joke is that he performed a crazy feat of genetic and spiritual engineering to get out of having to connect to his daughter on an emotional level

i still haven't watched rick and morty yet but i do actually want to, fanbase aside

Joeku

Having not seen the episode, I'd guess it'd almost appear to be a non-sequitur that becomes something else later in the episode and is actually is about how Rick is disgusted with himself because of his self-loathing and turning into a being without any autonomy lets him disregard his penchant for making terrible, damaging mistakes.

Edit:
from what i understand the joke is that he performed a crazy feat of genetic and spiritual engineering to get out of having to connect to his daughter on an emotional level

Having not seen season 3 yet or read anything on it, I'm gonna take that as "Joeku was close enough".

The joke in the show is he did some dumb shit to avoid going to family therapy

basically all the daft R&M gags are jokes at the expense of Rick's inability to act like a normal self-caring person, which says it all about the fanbase really

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The joke in the show is he did some dumb shit to avoid going to family therapy

basically all the daft R&M gags are jokes at the expense of Rick's inability to act like a normal self-caring person, which says it all about the fanbase really

Huh.

Ok that makes things make a lot more sense.

Seventy70

Yeah, I kinda wish he would not try to shoehorn some attempt at intentionally awkward/lame humour. I like it when he's actually trying to discuss things instead of doing some bit designed to fall flat, because he does that a lot.
Exactly. Ben seems like an interesting dude and I like it when he just speaks from the heart.
Such is the problem with "memes". They don't convey ideas. They're just references. Hearing Morty trying to sideline Rick's nihilism and talk his sister into hanging out with the family after a disastrous sci-fi adventure cannot really be conveyed in impact font on a jpeg with any weight.

Ergo, "I'M PICKLE RIIIICK"

Yeah, memes suck. It's just a bunch of ego stroking without any other value. "Hey, I know about this obscure thing! Cool, huh?!"

Gobias

Banned
So, what's this whole McDonald's things about? Did Rick and Morty just make some offhand reference to an old McDonald's product and they decided to bring it back for PR and everyone went crazy for some reason?

Just realized there was a new thread after spending 2 days in the last one wondering why there were like 5 posts a day... Oops.

In other news, went to Legend of Zelda Symphony of the Goddesses tonight. It was awesome, highly recommend it if anyone has a chance to go and enjoys the series.

Excited for some exquisite corps in the morning!

Just realized there was a new thread after spending 2 days in the last one wondering why there were like 5 posts a day... Oops.

In other news, went to Legend of Zelda Symphony of the Goddesses tonight. It was awesome, highly recommend it if anyone has a chance to go and enjoys the series.

Excited for some exquisite corps in the morning!

They didn't waste songs on BotW, did they?

Dany

Banned
What old video should I watch. Thinking something with Ryan?

So, what's this whole McDonald's things about? Did Rick and Morty just make some offhand reference to an old McDonald's product and they decided to bring it back for PR and everyone went crazy for some reason?

There are literally nazi's holding protests. and nerds do this?

robotrock

Banned
I'm a huge McNugget fan (definitely part of the McNugget fandom as well) but I've never actually used any of the dipping sauces at McDonalds. I just eat them as they are.

Dany

Banned
But the servers are in Seattle? I literally saw the industrial district, downtown go dark for a second and thought the world was ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom