• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you have a favorite amiibo?

Macka

The Mega Man Amiibo is gorgeous.

111amiibo001.jpg

Although this just may pull ahead in a few months time...

Apparently the Metroid is squishy!

Spyware

I love the Splatoon ones, they are all such great quality and I've made sure to buy them all. The same goes for Animal Crossing.

But my favs have to be the ones I got today:
7VeaBOF.jpg

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Toon Link. All the benefits of normal Link but without that weird stand.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Hmm OoT Link looks great, still need to get that one.

My favorite actually hasn't been mentioned yet: plain ol' SSB Bowser:

I love the Amiibo with some weight to them, so he has a leg up in that regard. But it's also a great looking figure with nice detail. Also love Toon Link, Olimar and Mega Man.

Yarn Yoshi was the last one I got. I lost interest when the wave after that was only AC and never got back into it. Didn't even buy any of the BotW figures. The new Metroid & Samus amiibo are mine though.

I wish we could buy a superdeluxe edition of SR that has the LE and both amiibos.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Holy crap, this thread reminded me that I reeaaaally need to get me a Pac-Man and Mega Man.

Bayonetta can't come soon enough either.

King Dedede Smash edition is great, he's got this bulk to him that makes him stand out and that big ol' grin, the simple enough design that has a few polished points with the paint job just make it a winner.

Than there's Diddy Kong from the Mario series which feels like a wonderful circumvention of the norm with his pose feeling decidely non-stock, sitting on a barrel with a mischievous monkey face going on, I can only hope that maybe I can get a Dixie or Cranky to go along with the other Kongs one day...you know if Nintendo stop spamming Link that is.

HM to Palutena (so many small details) and the upcoming wedding Bowser because just look at it!

Squid Sisters are the best of the bunch.

SOON METROID THOUGH!!!!
metroid_samus_returns_amiibo.jpg

Yes, I'll deffo be getting a squidgy Metroid.

The Mega Man Amiibo is gorgeous.

Although this just may pull ahead in a few months time...

Apparently the Metroid is squishy!

If you're interested in squishy Metroids may I suggest the World of Nintendo 6" and 2.5" Metroids. They're $15 and $4 regular-price respectively but at this point you probably can't find them in stores.

1537-Jakks-Metroid3.jpg

I have 6 of big ones and 3 of the small ones and they're neat.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Oh, man...

I love my boy Shulk, but Pac-Man is really nice too; great characters, love 'em in Smash. Got a Shovel Knight as well, and I'm a fan of Dr. Mario. Standard amiibo, but they came out well.

8-Bit Link and Mario are very charming, although I'm inclined to prefer Link here. Rider Link is very snazzy; the details are great on him.

I have P1 Cloud and both Bayonettas on order, so I may give it Bayo once she comes in.

Callie and Marie, Yarn Yoshi, Roy, Ryu, R.O.B., and the Guardian all look great, though I don't have them; I may need to look into picking some of them up.

Vibed

There's so many amiibo I want that I just want none of them so I don't have to worry about all these cool figures going out of stock!

Ah, but Majora's Mask and Skyward Sword Link...! Think there's anywhere I can snag them tomorrow?

On a side note, it feels redundant to get multiple versions of the same character when there's other cool important characters I don't have yet like Kirby, Bowser, and the like, but I realllllyyy love Zelda...I want Revali too

SheHateMe

I wonder which one is my favorite?

Yes, it's Mega Man.

I only own 3 amiibo, The Original and Modern color 8-Bit Mario and of course...

But you already knew that.

maxcriden

There's so many amiibo I want that I just want none of them so I don't have to worry about all these cool figures going out of stock!

Ah, but Majora's Mask and Skyward Sword Link...! Think there's anywhere I can snag them tomorrow?

On a side note, it feels redundant to get multiple versions of the same character when there's other cool important characters I don't have yet like Kirby, Bowser, and the like, but I realllllyyy love Zelda...I want Revali too

Majora, maybe BB tomorrow? Isn't it exclusive to there?

Skyward is Amazon only, right? So sometime tonight maybe they'll be put up...the Amiibo thread should say if they are, or nowinstock.net alerts....

Malyse

8pX4O4yaBPaMfHfTm-guHVWJ9SN9tJRL.png

took til next Wed to get my hands on it. Actually harder to buy than a Switch

(I'm assuming Lyndis, Dawn/Hikari, Sabrina/Natsume, KOS-MOS, Elma, Lynlee, Shantae, and Alyssa all never get amiibo)

Kazerei

Banned
The Yarn Yoshi and Yarn Poochy amiibos are clearly the best. They are really made of yarn! And not just silly old plastic and paint.

Yarbskoo

11Yq8rE.png

G2yR5PG.png

I wouldn't complain if we got updated Splatoon 2 Callie/Marie amiibo.
Unless I missed the inevitably tiny pre-order window.

Phazon_Chaos

Neo Member
While I love all of the few amiibo I have, my favourite has to be the Guardian. The others I bought due to loving the characters/games (Ness, Lucas, and K.K. Slider), or because they were neat/had cool functionality (Wolf Link), I wanted the Guardian amiibo solely because I thought it was such a cool looking figure. I'd also like to pick up the Kirby series Meta Knight at some point, I've always liked the character and I like the style of the Kirby series one.

gardfish

The only amiibo I've bought to date is Smash Samus. It's a pretty cool looking figure which is higher quality than I was expecting, so I'll go with that.

The Guardian amiibo with its posable legs looks cool, too, though, I just wish it was remotely reasonable to find in stock. And you KNOW I'm getting my hands on that squishy Metroid amiibo once it's out, too.

Zebei

New Metroid and Samus amiibo look spectacular and I have them preordered.

As for ones already released, the Roy amiibo looks cray good. Shulk would be amazing too, but mine has a derp face so. . .

Top Bottom