• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Comrades: TGS 2017 Trailer

benzy

https://youtu.be/NMm2k4eXXDA

Theme song by Nobuo Uematsu.

Release Date: October 31

New press release info.

LOS ANGELES (Sept. 20, 2017) – For the first time, FINAL FANTASY® XV players will be able to create their own avatar and join up with three other friends to take on epic quests and battles in the game’s first and only online multiplayer expansion titled “Comrades.” Starting October 31, players will set foot as a survivor from Kingsglaive to find out more about the disappearance of Noctis after the events in Chapter 13 from the main game.

As members of Kingsglaive, players equip royal sigils that grant special powers from the Lucian bloodline. Players can then strategize and create a balanced team to take on a variety of quests. In addition to multiplayer quests, single player quests are also available for players to enhance their characters.

Set in a world engulfed by darkness, the expansion casts players as a member of the Kingsglaive, with powers and unique abilities invoked from various Lucian kings, who join forces to bring the Light back to the kingdom of Lucis. Other members of Noctis’s crew including Gladiolus, Prompto and Ignis will be made playable in future game updates.

chefbags

Release date is October 31st this year.

I just want the kingsglaive outfit with the mask from the movie as my outfit. Can't wait to jump in!

AsakuraZ

You know, I'm actually excited about this. I hope it really fleshes out the story of what happened while Noctis is asleep and delves into how the other characters cope with his absence.

Socivol

Why does the trailer mention the Earth when the game doesn't even take place on Earth? lol SE editors are messing up again.

Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior Prince Noctis?

I liked the beta, but man the tone of this trailer is something else.

ryushe

I didn't even think about this expansion taking place during
The World of Ruin
and that song... My God, it was wonderful.

HeeHo

I thought the trailer was corny but I am excited for the release date. Sooner than I expected. I haven't played anything online regularly in a while. I hope this'll fit the bill til Monster Hunter.

No
Iris the Daemon Slayer.
:( The dream is dead.

I wonder how long they actually plan to support this. Naturally at the start things wouldn't be too different. But if they go all the way until where the main game picks up again, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw all of that.

Toth

No
Iris the Daemon Slayer.
:( The dream is dead.

They only showed the start of the 10 year gap so the dream should still live! I imagine time will pass as you complete more quests and progress through the story.

Anyway, it looks great. Chapter 14 will now have even more feels when all is said and done.

Battlechili

Banned
I'm not feeling those custom character models
I guess it shows that the player has a lot of control over how their characters look at least?
8j90PbY.jpg

Keym

They only showed the start of the 10 year gap so the dream should still live! I imagine time will pass as you complete more quests and progress through the story.
The events will actually occur in real time. 10 more years of XV, HYPE!!!

Honestly I'm torn between this and just plunging into FFXIV. I want some good character customization and outfits.

Well XIV definitely has more outfits, obviously, since it's been going for several years now.

Character customization is pretty crazy good in XV though. You can customize color of everything and it's so much more extensive then most character creators I've used in even some MMOs.

Top Bottom