• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VOEZ |OT| 116 Songs. 6 High Schoolers. 1st Rhythm Game on Switch. This is the VOEZ!

Is there a date confirmed for NA? I don't want to bother with multiple accounts if I don't have to
March 9, that could be Wednesday night if they update the eshop at midnight but if they follow their typical eshop uploading times for last gen, it will probably only be up sometime on Thursday around noon.

Cerium

In NA. Planning to get this game. Curious if there are any content differences between the JP and EU regions so far, since it's strange that it would be released a week later in NA. Also a tiny bit concerned if future updates are going to be released at different times for different regions as well...
It's probably just a certification issue, I wouldn't worry too much about it. They mentioned NoE helped them get it out for launch.

cCq7NYp.jpg

Really nice chart. Good song, too.

For those who have Spotify and are interested in hearing some songs:

Vol 1:
https://open.spotify.com/album/671bO7l5PYW6hMVo5gQgtB

Vol 2:
https://open.spotify.com/album/6yjvONBpLM3NPgX44MilMP

Original soundtrack:
https://open.spotify.com/album/6nElaG1w9S12N52pllcwr6

In total, there's about 60 songs. Not all of them but it's something.

Effect

I don't know what I'm going to do with this game. I like what I see but $25 is more then I'm willing to spend given the level of uncertainty I have with it.

Ashilyn

So I'd never even heard of this game until it was mentioned as one of the games on the JP eShop that was also in English on launch day, so I blind bought it. I've always super loved rhythm games, so I figured it was a shoe-in for something I'd like.

Man, like doesn't even begin to describe it. It's frantic and well paced without being overwhelming. The charts are fantastic and the visuals are sublime. The songs are almost all great so far, and the addition of a story mode is a fantastic little incentive to do certain challenges and to strive to play harder and more varied songs.

I haven't been this in love with a rhythm game since Project DIVA first came out, I think it even trump Theaterhythm and Ouendan for a spot near the top of my rhythm game list. Thanks for turning me on to this game, GAF, I will be playing it for a LONG time.

If you're uncertain, grab the iPhone version or check out YouTube. It's a game well worth looking into, and a must buy for people who enjoy electronic and jpop-rock music or rhythm games.

deadfolk

Been trying this on Android and it seems pretty good, but one thing is annoying me.

The audio feedback when you tap seems to lag well behind the tap - and the calibration feature doesn't seem to make a difference. In the calibration screen, the sound and animation match perfectly, but when I tap in a song, the sound is waaaaay behind.

Anyone else seen this? Possibly an issue on Switch also?

Been trying this on Android and it seems pretty good, but one thing is annoying me.

The audio feedback when you tap seems to lag well behind the tap - and the calibration feature doesn't seem to make a difference. In the calibration screen, the sound and animation match perfectly, but when I tap in a song, the sound is waaaaay behind.

Anyone else seen this? Possibly an issue on Switch also?

Calibration fixed all for me...

deadfolk

I think the issue I'm seeing is that while the visual and sound effects are synced, they are both happening later than I expect, i.e. a fraction of a second after I tap. My finger is already off the screen before the sound plays.

To put it another way, my fingers are matching the rhythm of the song, but the effects sound off-beat.

XaosWolf

Got everything sorted now since I bough a portable heaphone amp. Now things are as loud as I need em on Switch. =D

Hop Step Adventure is absolutely my jam.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Is this in America or do I have to buy from the Japanese eshop? Cause I got this on my phone and 💘 it

Ya i saw that but cant seem to find some of the songs in switch version compared to mobile (d.l to try it out) so trying make sure o.o

edit;
looks like the keys i gained and used in mobile version i got songs not in the switch version which are from the pop rock selection, cant find any of them. Looking at wiki they came out in feb 24 so
switch version has everything before that then.

I've only played a few songs but the game is pretty fun after I bumped it up to hard. Its difficult to not feel like your jamming out on some midi controller or piano while playing.

Giant Bomb played this a little on their Switch launch live stream. They didn't spend too much time with it since it can only be played in tablet mode. Because of this it was difficult for them to show off the game.

Vitacat

I'm gonna see if there's a free ipad version I can test first.

Wish this had a demo on Switch. $25 is too much to buy without trying first IMO.

Can anyone explain fairly simply what makes this rhythm game unique? It looks like a standard DDR / Tap Tap Revenge / IIDX type fair. Nothing wrong with those types of games, but, well, I already have a bunch of them

linid0t

Can anyone explain fairly simply what makes this rhythm game unique? It looks like a standard DDR / Tap Tap Revenge / IIDX type fair. Nothing wrong with those types of games, but, well, I already have a bunch of them

IMO biggest difference is that lanes are dynamic, so they'll move around and disappear. Notes can be tap, hold, slide, or swipe. Thankfully the dynamic lanes don't interfere with readability.

Game is pretty sweet, I like that everything is unlocked and I don't have to slog through lower difficulties first. Has a good, clean aesthetic and a lot of songs.

rpmurphy

At least for me, it's got cool visuals, gameplay's slide mechanics are unique to a touchscreen interface, and it has a number of artists from the Lilium Records label.

I really like the lane animation style - for example, when you do a swipe, the swipe often shoves the lane to the side. And the animations are all set to work well with the specific song being played. Gameplay-wise, it's like a more-in-depth Tap Tap Revenge.

Also, if you want unique, you can't get a more anime-style than this game - not talking about the gameplay or music, but the fact that it has an anime opening, and then as you play you unlock optional journal entries written by high schoolers that follows their relationships.

I'm enjoying the few songs I have played so far. I've got two questions though:

- How are you all keeping the Switch in place? I set it on my table, and it is sliding around while playing.
- Is there a way to get the tutorial to stop showing up before each song? Or does it stop eventually after playing more songs? It's happened for the 4 songs I've played.

Dinjoralo

Yeesh, that's a bit of a big asking price... Though it would be nice to have this on a device that can run it smoothly. My phone gets hot trying to play Voez. Do we know if this will keep up with all the songs that'll come to the mobile version in the future?

- How are you all keeping the Switch in place? I set it on my table, and it is sliding around while playing.
- Is there a way to get the tutorial to stop showing up before each song? Or does it stop eventually after playing more songs? It's happened for the 4 songs I've played.

On the phone version, the tutorials stop showing up... at some point. I don't remember when, but they do stop playing it automatically after a few songs.

UberTag

I removed both Joy-Cons, wedged the Switch between my thighs and go to town.
KuGsj.gif

The tutorial eventually stops auto-loading once the game knows you've gotten the gist of things.

Listonosh

Holy crap, legit my second favorite game on the Switch next to Zelda. Definitely love it more here than I did on iOS and the song selection is insane.

Man, I'm reallllllllllllllllllllllly crossing my fingers that Rayark brings Deemo to the Switch too. I'd pay 25 bucks to have all those songs readily available.

Top Bottom