• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Ponn

Banned
there goes the money ...
WRAxsuL.jpg

Thanks for the pic. It does look good, very detailed and I want to see how that swan is done. After the WV Market carousel feeling incredibly small in hand I'm still a little concerned so I'd still like a designer video.

On a different note, the Saturn V was in the database at work. Listed as June 1st, and $120. No box pics or anything, but good to have price confirmation.

Oh so awesome. Glad it's June, may is going to be a little rough on the wallet and gives me time to scrape the dough together. I'm doing some spring cleaning and going to sell some of my backlog sets I'm never going to get to, ninjago stuff and some super hero stuff mostly. Debating right now letting Big Ben and tower bridge go, know they are sets I'm just not going to be able to finish.

magawolaz

About the May the 4th promos, should I be worried about scalpers? (so should I stay awake and order the Falcon as soon as the discount is live?)
Does Amazon usually price-match these sales? Mainly asking for the cheaper sets, because of shipping costs

So much for topping the Grand Carousel eh ;)

Still though, to me this is right in between the GC and the Winter village one we got a while back, so either way a must have... I do wonder how it will fare pricewise in comparison to GC though...

Osahi

Carousel looks great (and affordable). When will it release?

In Madrid at the moment. Had a 10% coupon for Il Corte Ingles and noticed they had the Caterham, so I thought: score!

Then I noticed the 'big fancy shopping mall tax' and noped the hell out of there (even with discount it would've been way over mrsp)

Ponn

Banned
About the May the 4th promos, should I be worried about scalpers? (so should I stay awake and order the Falcon as soon as the discount is live?)
Does Amazon usually price-match these sales? Mainly asking for the cheaper sets, because of shipping costs

Is this US or EU? Didn't think we had any US sales for May 4th listed yet. I think its rare that the Lego store sales are better than Amazon or others sale prices. Its all about maximizing VIP points and the exclusive Lego store freebies.

Sorry guys, off topic, but I just wanted to share the McFarlane South Park sets are for pre-order on amazon. Thought some brickfans might care :p

I'm gonna try a few sets because the idea of having so many of these South Park characters in brickfig form is pretty cool

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=south+park+construction

Word of warning about these Mcfarlane sets, they are stylish but many might be disappointed. I've gotten a couple of the Walking Dead ones and that Game of Thrones ones. The figs are pretty static poses and the accessories rarely peg in right. The majority of the figs I got the joints wouldn't even fit together right and limbs would constantly pop off. The instructions SUCKKKKKKK and the quality of the bricks is barely megablocks level. They had a weird odor and one of my sets they even had a greasy feel to them. I would only suggest the Mcfarlane sets to either hardcore fans of the lines they are looking at or people into models wanting the display over the building experience. I don't mean that to come off scathing or scare people off just a realistic warning. Also those Walking Dead sets dropped to rock bottom prices after a short while so maybe if you are hesitant keep an eye on them and then jump in at a lower price maybe, depends on how popular these south park sets are. I know the FNAF sets were pretty popular and hard to find over the holidays.

papluh

I was trying to replicate the carousel in LDD, but got frustrated and ran out of free time :D
The base should be quite a good match to the picture and is not that far off the old set. The difference is that only part of it rotates and that one has smaller radius. The height of the are for the riding animals is similar. The biggest difference is the lost mass of the center column, the edge and spire of the roof part. While the edge on the new one seems to have even more delicate greebling, but the top is kind of plain.
nDZGM0t.jpg

ghostmind

The Star Wars movies after TLJ (the Han Solo movie especially) being May releases is really going to mess with LEGO's schedule.

Either we are going to get a massive amount of sets between September and next May, or LEGO is going to have to scale back their non-movie releases for a while.

My small The Force Awakens collection after 1 week

62oa2CA.jpg

Looking to pick up the rest of the force awakens line next week so im hoping there is some good sales.

mrkgoo

62oa2CA.jpg

Looking to pick up the rest of the force awakens line next week so im hoping there is some good sales.

I like the space next to your models. It implies space set aside for more Lego. I give it three weeks.

wetwired

with the announcement of indiana jones 5 I guess we'll see some new sets, looking forward to a new indiana jones minifig along with his accompanying accessories...

lego-accessories-minifigure-wheelchair.jpg

I like the space next to your models. It implies space set aside for more Lego. I give it three weeks.

yea that table will be full soon as next week im picking up

Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle
Resistance Troop Transporter
First Order Transporter
Resistance X-wing Fighter
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Battle Pack
Resistance Trooper Battle Pack
Encounter on Jakku
First Order Snow Speeder

Some of those i might buy multiple of and i plan to slowly over time build up a nice first order stormtrooper army.

otapnam

62oa2CA.jpg

I got 200$ in toysrus gift cards waiting for may 4th deals.

eBay.com (official) sells em 85$ for 100$ every so often fyi.

Ponn

Banned
with the announcement of indiana jones 5 I guess we'll see some new sets, looking forward to a new indiana jones minifig along with his accompanying accessories...

lego-accessories-minifigure-wheelchair.jpg

I really want a custom one of those with X spokes for a custom Prof. X fig.

I was trying to replicate the carousel in LDD, but got frustrated and ran out of free time :D
The base should be quite a good match to the picture and is not that far off the old set. The difference is that only part of it rotates and that one has smaller radius. The height of the are for the riding animals is similar. The biggest difference is the lost mass of the center column, the edge and spire of the roof part. While the edge on the new one seems to have even more delicate greebling, but the top is kind of plain.
nDZGM0t.jpg

wouldnt be surprised if it costs more

Maengun1

Yesssss at the carousel. Mixer/Ferris Wheel are probably my favorite sets after the Modulars, like that's exactly what I want from Lego sets. I was super bummed when they skipped last year, so happy it's not the end of the line

yea that table will be full soon as next week im picking up

Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle
Resistance Troop Transporter
First Order Transporter
Resistance X-wing Fighter
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Battle Pack
Resistance Trooper Battle Pack
Encounter on Jakku
First Order Snow Speeder

Some of those i might buy multiple of and i plan to slowly over time build up a nice first order stormtrooper army.

Umm, you might want to hold off on getting multiples if it's mainly for troop building. The next movie will have tons of figures for sure, and they may very well improve on some existing sets.

I say go for it. It's true they will almost certainly improve the stormtrooper and will always have battle packs, but you can never have too many stormtroopers. I have a bunch of the 2007 snowtroopers from buying multiple 2010 battlepacks, plus it came with several Hoth sets. The 2014 snowtrooper is cool too but I love having several of both types. And I wish I had gotten more stormtroopers with the black vents; most of the ones i have are blue.

OT but I grabbed a couple Game of Thrones Lannister soldier packs from tru last Xmas cuz they were like $2 each, and finally put one together. So garbage. Nice paint but the quality. The swords are bent, the capes don't stay on, the figures don't stand well, and most importantly it felt bad putting together. I wouldn't buy it for 50 cents.

magawolaz

Is this US or EU? Didn't think we had any US sales for May 4th listed yet. I think its rare that the Lego store sales are better than Amazon or others sale prices. Its all about maximizing VIP points and the exclusive Lego store freebies.
Europe yes. The Falcon at €90-95 is very tempting, I can't find it for less than €120.
The AT-ST and battle pack discounts are interesting as well, but the shipping costs kill these deals..that's why I was asking about Amazon price-match

Word of warning about these Mcfarlane sets, they are stylish but many might be disappointed. I've gotten a couple of the Walking Dead ones and that Game of Thrones ones. The figs are pretty static poses and the accessories rarely peg in right. The majority of the figs I got the joints wouldn't even fit together right and limbs would constantly pop off. The instructions SUCKKKKKKK and the quality of the bricks is barely megablocks level. They had a weird odor and one of my sets they even had a greasy feel to them. I would only suggest the Mcfarlane sets to either hardcore fans of the lines they are looking at or people into models wanting the display over the building experience. I don't mean that to come off scathing or scare people off just a realistic warning. Also those Walking Dead sets dropped to rock bottom prices after a short while so maybe if you are hesitant keep an eye on them and then jump in at a lower price maybe, depends on how popular these south park sets are. I know the FNAF sets were pretty popular and hard to find over the holidays.

Oh funny that I coincidentally got around to building mine this past weekend. First and only Mcfarlane set i will ever build. I didn't smell it and it didn't feel greasy but it felt cheap. I only built the Lannister banner set so can't comment on the instructions since it was obvious how to put it together just from the picture. Even with simple LEGO sets, there's a satisfaction from how nicely the bricks snap together. This was the opposite of satisfaction.

I should have built the set in your avatar, which was in the same pile of tiny backlogged sets

Osahi

Now I notice the Carousel is in the june calendar, so early VIP and official release in july?

Does this mean there is no Creator Vehicle this year? VW Beetle released in that slot last year didn't it?

Rootbeer

Banned
Note that these have very different figure designs from their Walking Dead and Game of Thrones sets. I did buy some GoT blind bags and was severely grossed out. But just look at the south park figures... I might actually like those. Also... they are not pricey. 14.99 for the bus stop set, you aren't losing much if you end up not liking it.

The quality overall from bricks to figs does look below LEGO and Mega Bloks though. Again, this is only something you would look into if you are a fan of the properties.

They also have Rick and Morty and Steven Universe coming this year.

papluh

the press release for the carousel should be tomorrow, Europe afternoon/US morning
(TLG is asking to remove "leaked pictures" from our LUG page :D )

I just registered and there were 80+ spots left at my local TRU in Emeryville, CA.

There is a Star Wars make and take event on May 6th, but you have to pre-register.

https://reserve.babiesrus.com/events.html#/map

Class/Event name: LEGO Star Wars Make & Take Event
Date/Time: Saturday, May 6, 2017 at 12:00 PM
Length: 2 hours
Join us on May 6th 12-2pm for a LEGOhttps://cdn.jsdelivr.net/emojione/assets/png/00a9.png Star WarsTM building event. Build and take home a free Micro Princess Leia build plus take part in a clue hunt.

I just registered and there were 80+ spots left at my local TRU in Emeryville, CA.

There is a Star Wars make and take event on May 6th, but you have to pre-register.

https://reserve.babiesrus.com/events.html#/map

Class/Event name: LEGO Star Wars Make & Take Event
Date/Time: Saturday, May 6, 2017 at 12:00 PM
Length: 2 hours
Join us on May 6th 12-2pm for a LEGOhttps://cdn.jsdelivr.net/emojione/assets/png/00a9.png Star WarsTM building event. Build and take home a free Micro Princess Leia build plus take part in a clue hunt.

Do you end up being the only grown up there?

Ponn

Banned
Note that these have very different figure designs from their Walking Dead and Game of Thrones sets. I did buy some GoT blind bags and was severely grossed out. But just look at the south park figures... I might actually like those. Also... they are not pricey. 14.99 for the bus stop set, you aren't losing much if you end up not liking it.

The quality overall from bricks to figs does look below LEGO and Mega Bloks though. Again, this is only something you would look into if you are a fan of the properties.

They also have Rick and Morty and Steven Universe coming this year.

Yea the figs are definitely different from the WD and GoT ones, they were able to nail that more cartoonish look like the FNAF sets. I didn't mean to come off so harsh on the Mcfarlane sets its just my building experience with past sets was not nearly as enjoyable as with Lego or even Megablock sets. They are definitely great display pieces though once you finish them so fans of the show should like them. I'm interested in the Rick and Morty ones.

wetwired

CFNq3cH.jpg

Finally got the parts back after electroplating, so shiny. They're off to the printer today to get printed and then I can finally start putting them up for sale. Feels like it's taken forever to get these made with all the shipping and waiting.

It makes me want to do a chrome Batman or T1000 something but on the other hand the time it takes to get made is a turn off

Ponn

Banned
CFNq3cH.jpg

Finally got the parts back after electroplating, so shiny. They're off to the printer today to get printed and then I can finally start putting them up for sale. Feels like it's taken forever to get these made with all the shipping and waiting.

It makes me want to do a chrome Batman or T1000 something but on the other hand the time it takes to get made is a turn off

Give us a Bender with a shiny metal ass.

Taisaijin

CFNq3cH.jpg

So hype! Is pricing finalized and will these include any of the other colorways?

wetwired

Give us a Bender with a shiny metal ass.

You'd really need a custom head to pull it off I reckon

So hype! Is pricing finalized and will these include any of the other colorways?

There's 3 new packs coming, this one has chrome silver and gold (including airtanks)

The other 2 have no airtanks and are Dark Tan, Lime and Orange and Dark Blue, Dark Red and Pearl Gold

They'll all be USD$30 including postage for each pack

Umm, you might want to hold off on getting multiples if it's mainly for troop building. The next movie will have tons of figures for sure, and they may very well improve on some existing sets.

The sets i would be buy multiple of would be the tie fighter which the design is fine and of course battle packs but i am excited for the new first order battle pack coming this summer so i might hold of till that one and buy a ton of those.

152, aka $15 worth of parts in a single step? Don't make any plans for a bit then...

Still pales next to one step in Tower Bridge if you are doing it 2X as you go.

willp2003

152, aka $15 worth of parts in a single step? Don't make any plans for a bit then...

Still pales next to one step in Tower Bridge if you are doing it 2X as you go.

Reminds me of Grand Emporium where in one step you have to pick out approx 200 pieces. Not all the same piece mind you.

I knew that post wasn't a complaint. That makes me regret not grabbing it when it was on discount. Really beautiful. But eh, it would just be in my backlog closet so whatever.

ghostmind

0vrrr7v.jpg

10257 Carousel

Ages 16+. 2,670 pieces.

US $199.99 – CA $249.99 – DE 179.99€ – UK £159.99 – DK 1499.00 DKK

*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Discover the fairground’s star attraction with the Carousel!

Experience the majestic Carousel with a wealth of delightful features, including a large textile canopy, ornate reflective rounding boards with blue and gold detailing, reflective center panels, and a 2-tier deck comprising a raised boarding platform with handrail and a main platform with 5 buildable animal rides, including a white swan and 4 moving animals. Turn the crank and see the elephant, tiger, flamingo and frog move up and down as the carousel rotates. This delightful LEGO® Creator Expert model has an iconic elegance that evokes feelings of nostalgia, romance and adventure. Upgrade with LEGO Power Functions for fully motorized operation.

Includes 7 minifigures: a ride operator, mom, dad, boy, girl, grandmother and a granddaughter.
The Carousel features a large textile canopy, ornate, reflective rounding boards with blue and gold detailing, reflective center panels, two-level deck comprising a raised boarding platform with handrail and a main platform with five buildable animal rides, including a white swan and four moving animals: an elephant, tiger, flamingo and a frog.

• Also features a sturdy, buildable base for easy transportation.
• Buy your ticket at the booth, take the stairs to the boarding platform and choose your favorite animal ride.
• Turn the crank and see the elephant, tiger, flamingo and frog move up and down as the carousel rotates.
• Enjoy an ice cream, candy or a delicious hot dog as you watch the whirling carousel.
• Accessory elements include a camera, ice cream, candy and a hot dog in a bun.
• New decorated elements include printed tickets and printed storybook tiles.
• Includes lots of molded golden elements, reflective golden labels and medium-blue/dark-blue elements.
• Motorize the Carousel with the LEGO® Power Functions 8883 medium motor and 88000 AAA battery box (not included).
• Collect and build an entire fairground with the LEGO® Creator Expert 10247 Ferris Wheel.
• Measures over 12” (32cm) high, 14” (38cm) wide and 13” (35cm) deep.

Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning June 1, 2017 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone

Designer Video

TnrZZ06.jpg

1DUMdVk.jpg

mclem

£160 for 2670 pieces? That's not a bad price/piece at all.

Edit: No power functions logo?

Edit2: Ah, it's in the blurb.

What's the full Fairground range, now? Mixer, Ferris Wheel, Carousel, is there another?

Top Bottom