• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the Most Time You've Spent with a Single Player Game?

grascher

I've beat witcher 3 on ps4 and then on pc with dlc's and it took me around 250 hours.

Skyrim would propably be second but i dont know exacly how much i played it.

Lylo

Rocket League - 2500+ hours.

isn't rocket league very focused on multiplayer?

EDIT: You are right, misread the title, sorry guys.

In that case, it should be Tetris. I guess Tetris DS is the version i played the most, easily 1000+ hours only on Marathon.

jacobeid

Banned
Morrowind was the first time that I ever put 100+ hours into a game. In general, I'd say Bethesda games are my huge single-player time sinks, but the Witcher 3 with all of the DLC was close to 200 hours from me so...

I've spent 45 hours in Breath of the Wild and I imagine I'll spend at least another 40 there.

Santiako

Probably between Morrowind (500+ hours) and Dark Souls (500+ hours). Those are the two biggest ones. I spent a lot of time in Skyrim, Dark Souls 2 and Oblivion too (at least 400 hours in those).

Cyanity

Banned
I have at least 300 hours in Borderlands 2. Still not bored with it.

Probably similar playtime for the OG Dark Souls as well. There was a semester a few years ago where I'd do nothing but post up and play Dark Souls all day instead of doing my homework. I got REALLY good grades that year.

Alchemy

I have around 500 hours on numerous Pokemon titles, but thats all competitive team making stuff which is technically single player but *for* multiplayer stuff so I dunno how that shakes out.

True single player would probably be Morrowind, I basically lived in the game for two straight months over summer vacation.

Falchion

Witcher 3 with Skyrim close behind. I'm sure by the time I finish all the expansions it'll be Witcher 3 by a comfortable margin.

Syf

Banned
I want to say probably Pokemon Red. My friend and I played that every day, on trips, on sleepovers, etc. Not close to my overall most played games, but a lot of time for sure.

sackninja

Like 500 hours in Binding of Isaac Rebirth and afterbirth, if not more. That is definitly my highest single player game, with roler coaster tycoon 3 and Darkest Dungeon both being over 100. Highest multiplayer if Little Big Planet, probably have over 2000 hours in the first one alone at a guess.

Roughly 1500+ hours of KotOR. Slightly differing builds and storylines. Bulk of those on Xbox, but there was a Steam sale, so I've put a few hundred more on it. Fewer on KotOR2 but still too many.

Mass Effect 1 and 2 I'd put roughly 2000 hours across 50+ playthroughs. There's a post in my history where EatChildren questioned it, because it sounds crazy. So I typed all the different names.

Across all three Dragon Age games I've probably put 1500 hours into them. Heavily slanted to DAO. DA2 could have been interesting, but the corners cut to get it out in time ruined what could have been a novel one-off. DAI is beautiful, pretty well written for Bioware fare. But it really lost something. It can be "interesting" but rarely fun.

Dragon's Dogma I had to have been closing in on 1000 hours, before my final 360 kicked it. Even RPG's that disappoint me tend to get obscene playtimes. I was vocal and EatChildren was disappointed with me over it, but I was not a fan of the gameplay in Witcher 2. The story was actually fantastic. The choices felt much weightier and ambiguous over my Bioware norm.

Even disliking the gameplay, I probably played through that for a good 200 hours.

I tend to buy WRPG's. I then play with every play style and story possible. DAO gives too many options with your relationship playing a role in character development, both story and gameplay. Sometimes it pays off more having a character hate you. Though it can cut off certain story beats.

I love games like this and obviously play them a scary amount.

Parahan

90 hours on Yakuza 5.

I know, I have rather poor attention span and usually get bored after 60+ hours. I played Skyrim for 66 hours and felt I had enjoyed enough and deleted it. Most modern Bioware games I have completed in 60-70 hours.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Over 300 hours for The Witcher III base game. 600 hours if you want to count me playing through the entire game twice.

Second most would be Horizon: Zero Dawn at around 130 hours. Coincidently, both games are my first and second best games this generation.

Kthulhu

1200+ into Fallout New Vegas. No regrets.

Spent an entire summer when I was in highschool doing literally nothing but playing it for 8 hours a day for 3 months.

hydruxo

Over 100 hours in Skyrim, I think that's the most I've spent on a SP game

Not sure how much time I spent with Witcher 3 though, because the game time counter was broken on PS4. Could easily be up there with Skyrim.

Any Fire Emblem Game and any Pokemon game and I've probably spent waaay too much time on each one. I'm already bracing myself to lose hours to Echoes.

Probably Resident Evil 2. Growing up there wasn't much money for games, and with it's multiple playthroughs, unlocks, etc. I played that bad boy for probably two years straight.

No idea on the hours, but definitely Kerbal Space Program, Mount and Blade, and Crusader Kings 2. Only single player games I can play for hours on end. Everything else would be multiplayer.

Edit: How could I forget Rimworld? Put more hours into that than any of the above.

Cathcart

Probably MGSV, I still play it every month or so to just run a mission I haven't s ranked or randomly Fulton a bunch of people.

Zesh

Nearly 400 hours in Bloodborne (technically has multiplayer, but I spent very little time on that).

Single player...

Skyrim is at about 300 hours, but I haven't played the expansions so that will climb a lot higher when I play on PS4/Switch/a new PC.

Morrowind is my highest at (rough estimate) 2500 hours and growing. I think it qualifies as a second life :p

Honorable mention for my PS3 Fallout 3 original save file @ 260 hours, R.I.P. (I got you backed up, bby)

Rellik

Probably approaching 1000 hours on Mass Effect 1 across PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. I couldn't stop replaying it plus going for all the trophies and achievements took some time.

I have about 450 hours on Shogun 2 Total War.

Got about 500 hours on Mass Effect 3 but the vast majority of that is the MP so : /

I have about 275 hours on Dark Souls 3, but its probably 50/50 for solo/co op

Edit: Oh yeah, I've also played P4G 3 or 4 times, only with all the dialogue twice but that's probably 200-300?

I expect Persona 5 on Hard etc to take 100-200 for a single playthrough.

Zedark

Skyrim and Tales of Vesperia/Symphonia all clock in around 250 hours. I may have more hours in Age of Mythology and Rome Total War (maybe Medieval 2 Total War), but I have no way to tell for sure.

Seiryoden

Thousands of hours across various JRPGs, I suspect it would be between FFVIII and Persona 4 for the most hours spent in-game across multiple playthroughs. More recently, my Nioh save is at 265 hours - I've played it all single player, no co-op. I don't care about the PVP component that's coming soon, but I do have the season pass and can see that adding another 100+ hours to my playtime.

Divius

yFRDxyy.png

No idea how I let it come so far.

Robiin

Over 100 hours:
Probably Ocarina of Time, me and my friend beat that game around 30 times.

Pokémon Blue, was my whole life until Silver came out.

Pokémon Silver, I managed to complete the Pokedex in this one.

Smash Bros. Brawl, I know that this isn't thought of as a single player game but I held European records for the Home-Run Contest and did that all available time for a while.

Mirror's Edge, I used to speed run Mirror's Edge time trials.

Trials HD, all platinum medals and built levels, was apart of the community for this game for a while.

Mass Effect, think I've played this through about 20 times.

Fallout 3, 150 hours on one save, got all achievements on the Xbox 360 version.

Dark Souls, over 50 hours on console and 73 hours on Steam. One of the best games of all time.

Witcher 3, 130 hours on one save and still have one main quest to go. Then DLC after that, but I don't know when I'll get back to it!

Dark Souls 3, 96 hours and still have to play DLC.

Top Bottom