• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

General John Kelly is a bald-faced liar, told false story to slander Congresswoman

If you're willing to work for this administration it's a given that you're willing to be a piece of shit no matter what your past record was.

It's bizarre. What the fuck is so wrong with the people in this godforsaken administration that they have such a problem with the truth? Politics aside. They not only don't give a shit about the truth, I don't think they would recognize it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...2985f6a265c_story.html?utm_term=.83eaa314f71f

Cohn also showed Trump how to exploit power and instill fear through a simple formula: attack, counterattack and never apologize.

VariantX

Seems like the only right thing the WH and Kelly can do now is come out and offer a sincere apology.

I'll wait.

Oneeternitylater.jpg

it aint happenin'.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
There needs a to be a pushback on this instead of articles where the admin can just double down on their statement.

This supports my stance to never give anyone in this administration the benefit of the doubt. No one is there to make things better from the inside.

Sulik2

Is there no consequence for the constant libel and slander coming out of the administration? Why do they just get a free pass on all of this shit?

Because it turns out a lot of the US Government actually works on the honor system. There are very few actual laws dealing with ethics and consequences. Trump's administration has been ignoring anything that doesn't have a direct law in writing about it from the start, ie Trump's tax returns, and will continue to get away from it until congress passes laws that handle ethics in the judicial branch.

This supports my stance to never give anyone in this administration the benefit of the doubt. No one is there to make things better from the inside.

Maybe they thought that walking in on day one.

But by the end of day one it was obvious that such a thing was impossible. Ask Sean Spicer who was sent out on day one to lie to the world about something provably false. Everyone witnessed that. No one has an excuse.

Surfinn

Is there no consequence for the constant libel and slander coming out of the administration? Why do they just get a free pass on all of this shit?

Mueller is the only hope we really have. Republicans don't hold anyone in this admin accountable for fucking anything.

the name of rick wilson's film 'everything trump touches dies' is getting more astute by the day. even the 'normal' people in his administration are becoming embarrassing now. any smart people left might as well just resign now before they get dragged into some stupid shit themselves.

megalowho

Such an unnecessary and malicious lie. If you'd toss aside your integrity to provide cover for Donald Trump showing his ass, you probably weren't that honorable to begin with.

It's terrifying that nobody in this White House has a shred of credibility or integrity. Not a shred. Kelly was the last best hope for someone with some honor.

When the White House says the Iran deal is no good, you can't trust that anyone there is acting in good faith.

When the White House says, god forbid, we have no other choice but to carry out limited strikes or something on North Korea, who knows if that's even remotely accurate?

zelas

Kelly always seemed like the kind of republican who would sell his soul for the party no matter what. I've never trusted anything he said.

Frederica Wilson is a goddamn treasure. I just listened to the speech. It's a great speech. Kelly, for all his military sacrifice, needs to shut his mouth. His military history provides no shield for slandering one of our best in Congress.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
It's terrifying that nobody in this White House has a shred of credibility or integrity. Not a shred. Kelly was the last best hope for someone with some honor.

When the White House says the Iran deal is no good, you can't trust that anyone there is acting in good faith.

When the White House says, god forbid, we have no other choice but to carry out limited strikes or something on North Korea, who knows if that's even remotely accurate?

We won't know. We'll have no clue except to rely on outside sources. Isn't one of the reasons why we know Iran has been complying with the deal because some of our allies reported that they were?

Kusagari

Mattis is the only one that has a shred of credibility.

Look into Kelly's history. He was a turd long before he joined up with Trump.

Nokterian

That title general? He doesn't earn it anymore he is another puppet of trump. A fucking disgrace to the army and even the country.

So, is Trump an empty barrel for visiting the memorial wall at the CIA and boasting of his election win?

During these same remarks, Kelly blamed disrespect towards Gold Star families on "the conventions" last summer, by which he clearly meant the DNC providing a platform to the Khan family and not Trump's disgusting attacks on them afterwards.

Which is to say: the only principle that Kelly appears to have espoused is that criticism of Trump is illegitimate.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
They lie about EVERYTHING.

Yup. That is the goto move on every single issue. Lie, let Fox News report the lie to the base, the other 65% of the country knows the truth. Unfortunately that base that Fox news speaks to owns a crap load of the wealth in this country.

Maybe they thought that walking in on day one.

But by the end of day one it was obvious that such a thing was impossible. Ask Sean Spicer who was sent out on day one to lie to the world about something provably false. Everyone witnessed that. No one has an excuse.

Exactly. If it wasn't clear from the campaign, it was clear immediately after inauguration.

It's crazy how far these lies spiral. If anything, it shows why honesty is important to society. All Trump had to do was say, "ya I said he knew what he signed up for. I meant he was amazingly brave to put himself in a position where he knew he could pay the ultimate sacrifice. This is not a bravery that I or most Americans will ever understand. I'm sorry that the way I said it was offensive." This would be a non-story at that point. But he has to double down and everyone behind him will lie even more to back him up.

Is it bald-faced or bold-faced? I'm always unconfident in which term to use so I avoid it altogether.
Bald as in bare or naked

Ri'Orius

Kelly deserves some flack for this, but it feels more like a "sniper fire in Bosnia" situation than a more traditional, Trumpian "I won in a landslide" or "biggest crowd ever" or "no puppet, no puppet, you're the puppet" kind of deal.

Seems like dude didn't like the speech and thought Wilson made it too much about her. She didn't actually talk about getting the money, but she does spend the first third of it talking about how amazing she was for getting the name through bureaucracy in time. He then exaggerated/misremembered his issue and blew it out of proportion in his mind, much like Clinton exaggerated her landing in Bosnia in her mind. Bad, but forgivable. Unlike Trump's narcissism.

jay

It's bizarre. What the fuck is so wrong with the people in this godforsaken administration that they have such a problem with the truth? Politics aside. They not only don't give a shit about the truth, I don't think they would recognize it.

Win at all costs. It’s the American way.

Kelly deserves some flack for this, but it feels more like a "sniper fire in Bosnia" situation than a more traditional, Trumpian "I won in a landslide" or "biggest crowd ever" or "no puppet, no puppet, you're the puppet" kind of deal.

Seems like dude didn't like the speech and thought Wilson made it too much about her. She didn't actually talk about getting the money, but she does spend the first third of it talking about how amazing she was for getting the name through bureaucracy in time. He then exaggerated/misremembered his issue and blew it out of proportion in his mind, much like Clinton exaggerated her landing in Bosnia in her mind. Bad, but forgivable. Unlike Trump's narcissism.

Why, do you think, was she invited to give this speech?

Why, do you think, did Kelly try to attack this Congresswoman at this point in time?

It's not some off the cuff exaggeration. It's a pointed attack to hurt the credibility of a black congresswoman who stood up to the President.

Surfinn

Is he really in any position to be complaining about someone talking about themselves in a speech

Top Bottom