• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread: "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm torn on Vita. Had a chance to play around with it some more today and I still hate the analog sticks and wish they were bigger and had clicks, but the screen is fucking money and the touch (both front and back) is smooth and doesn't have that android/non-iOS feeling of lag to it. I might just bite on one soon. The funny thing is what is selling me the most on one right now is Dynasty Warriors Next. Havne't played a DW game in years and it seems like the perfect game to have on the go while lounging on the couch watching sports or something.

bionic77

I was shitting on the system pretty much up until the week before launch, then I only bought it because of the MLB cross save functionality. Now that I have used it I'm sold on it. I really hope this thing isn't the miserable failure that I think it will be, because I could see it becoming my sole source of non-PC gaming. F' the shitty consoles.

You are late to the portable party. It started with the DS last gen.

The only gap the Vita bridges is with sports which were shit on the DS and inferior on the PSP.

For younger people or people with jobs and lives the convenience of portables really outweighs any of their negatives.

that's like saying hey no need to bang this chick on her period cause eventually she won't be on her period

55DNu.gif

The only gap the Vita bridges is with sports which were shit on the DS and inferior on the PSP.

For younger people or people with jobs and lives the convenience of portables really outweighs any of their negatives.

I've kind of been feeling this way too. I am not really looking forward to or excited for a PS4 or Xbox720 and was thinking for a while that I'd probably get more use out of a Vita. If Nintendo would open up full Virtual Console support I'd probably buy a 3DS yesterday, even though I'm not a big fan of that system.

This is true.

Aside from watching Arthur with my daughter on Netflix I barely touch the PS3 I bought.

bionic77

I'm torn on Vita. Had a chance to play around with it some more today and I still hate the analog sticks and wish they were bigger and had clicks, but the screen is fucking money and the touch (both front and back) is smooth and doesn't have that android/non-iOS feeling of lag to it. I might just bite on one soon. The funny thing is what is selling me the most on one right now is Dynasty Warriors Next. Havne't played a DW game in years and it seems like the perfect game to have on the go while lounging on the couch watching sports or something.

Being able to play a portable while your wife watches tv is one of its biggest strengths.

The older you get the harder it becomes to devote that kind or energy and time into a big console game. Plus the game quality in portables is great unlike the garbage you get on smartphones.

Being able to play a portable while your wife watches tv is one of its biggest strengths.

The older you get the harder it becomes to devote that kind or energy and time into a big console game. Plus the game quality in portables is great unlike the garbage you get on smartphones.

But I don't have a wife...

peyton-manning-mad-sad.jpeg

Godslay

Banned

This has been one of the largest selling points for me. I know that it sounds really lazy, but firing up the PS3/360, seems like a chore, and ties up an entire room in my house. It took me about a month of game time here and there to get through Uncharted 2. I'll finish the Vita Uncharted in under a week. The convenience of being able to break my gaming up into smaller more frequent sessions increases the value for me.

bionic77

But I don't have a wife...

peyton-manning-mad-sad.jpeg

If you can't get a normal girl the old fashioned way PM ez on how they do it Wisconsin style. It is a pretty simple method from what I understand that either involves clubbing (the object not the place) or some combination of free drinks and drugs.

eznark

Banned

preach

I'm playing pedo golf with a bunch of NFL dudes. This is living!

If you can't get a normal girl the old fashioned way PM ez on how they do it Wisconsin style. It is a pretty simple method from what I understand that either involves clubbing (the object not the place) or some combination of free drinks and drugs.

I think they just spread bales of hay out.

Saw chronicle, they had a scene in the cold and it's the worst job ive ever seen. The guys face was completely normal and you couldn't see his breath, terrible cg in the back, after seeing the grey it just really stood out and bothered the shit out if me. Pretty good movie though, 4/5.

Saw chronicle, they had a scene in the cold and it's the worst job ive ever seen. The guys face was completely normal and you couldn't see his breath, terrible cg in the back, after seeing the grey it just really stood out and bothered the shit out if me. Pretty good movie though, 4/5.

did you think in the party scene at first that the guy busted all over her face and hair? why would they make the throw up white?

did you think in the party scene at first that the guy busted all over her face and hair? why would they make the throw up white?

I knew it was puke because I've been in a similar situation. The friends I watched it with were laughing hysterically at me during that scene.

Why would she freak out over him coming though?

Some franchise tag news:

Adam Schefter

Cardinals will use their franchise tag on DE Calais Campbell if the two sides cannot work out the new contract they have been discussing.

Adam Schefter ‏

49ers plan to use their franchise tag on safety Dashon Goldson. Franchise tag for a safety is $6.2 million.

Adam Schefter

RT @TheRealTwiggg: How about the Kansas City Chiefs franchise tag? ... Plan to tag WR Dwayne Bowe.

I knew it was puke because I've been in a similar situation. The friends I watched it with were laughing hysterically at me during that scene.

Why would she freak out over him coming though?

yeah i've had a couple dudes throw up on me when we were about to get down to business too. it happens!

Yeah, Near has some nice functionality. The Live Area for each game is pretty sweet, too.

Yeah I have hear people complain about the live areas but I love them. It is so nice to have a list of all the things that your friends have done in a game right there when you start it up. I hope all the consoles copy it.

Chad Jackson was fast! Too bad that was the only thing he was.

Interested to see what Floyd is gonna run.

Edit: I want one of those Iron Man shirts.

Floyd ran a 4.42.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Remember when Rush Limbaugh used to be on NFL Countdown? What a fucking terrible decision that was.

The story about Berman snubbing him throughout his tenure was classic.

As for those who are on the fence about the Vita, you shouldn't be--it's phenomenal.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Alshon Jeffery isn't running the 40? Bummer, wanted to see that :jnc

I don't think the NFL would have allowed it with their new stance against concussions. Those man-breasts would probably knock him out somewhere along the way.

eznark

Banned
The story about Berman snubbing him throughout his tenure was classic.

As for those who are on the fence about the Vita, you shouldn't be--it's phenomenal.

That always surprised me. All the stories I had heard said he would fuck anything with tits.

I'm shocked at how horrible these QBs are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom