• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

artsi

Hmm someone PM'd me but I'm not opening my PM box as there have been people spoiling stuff via them.

I'll reply to any messages in the thread tho if it's about Persona 5 :p

Beckx

You don't understand how tempted I am now to just buy it and write and translate any kanji I don't know into my Note.

Edit: Maybe replay cutscenes using the PS4 record function

no can do, native PS4 recording is disabled during cutscenes.

I know it's not exactly the same, but I tried to use my Google Translator to translate the above menu options image via photo and it wasn't able to.
Download a kanji drawing app and write the kanji but you need to know the number of strokes for some apps. Then copy paste online to see translation. ocr is just cumbersome.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Taking work off on Thursday for this

Going to be spending half of it downloading the game knowing PSN's speeds though

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
g1iphy1ts47.gif

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Have to wait until the 18th-20th :( unless amazon.jp somehow uses magic and delivers before their estimated date.
At least Yakuza 5 keeps me company untilt hen.

Mediking

It was a difficult decision, but I've elected to wait for the NA release due to timing and such. It'll be sad to miss out on playing it with my friends, but I'll enjoy it more with more time in the future.

I'm waiting for the NA release as well but I gotta support the game in this thread.

silva1991

I know it's not exactly the same, but I tried to use my Google Translator to translate the above menu options image via photo and it wasn't able to.

I tried it myself and it worked.

but man it was exhausting just translating the menu let alone 80+ hours of text.

yeah I'll just wait for the western release.

Rainy

Banned
Well in honor of this thread I decided to pre-order the "Take Your Heart" Edition from Amazon :) Thank god for that Prime discount..

Yeah if your have to translate basic menu options it'll take a long time to do just random text from NPC dialogue...and that's assuming you can even understand the actual sentence. It'll be very tiring.

squall23

Doesn't the anniversary edition also come with P3 and P4's battle themes to be used in P5? I remembering being really hyped that I get to use Reach Out To The Truth from one of the announcement events.

I tried it myself and it worked.

but man it was exhausting just translating the menu let alone 80+ hours of text.

yeah I'll just wait for the western release.

Yeah, it would be untenable to translate everything. It would have to just be for things that are vexing you, like you're stuck somewhere and need to know what people are saying to get past.

Yeah if your have to translate basic menu options it'll take a long time to do just random text from NPC dialogue...and that's assuming you can even understand the actual sentence. It'll be very tiring.
This is how you learn though. At least if you're at an intermidiate level and know a fair bit of grammar. Read read read, and I'm sure the game'll have lots of that.

barybll

Banned
As far as kanji identifying methods go,the most reliable is using jisho and picking radicals for the kanji

Its slow, but hey,maybe you start learning them by the radicals in the process

DMB4237

Neo Member
As far as kanji identifying methods go,the most reliable is using jisho and picking radicals for the kanji

If you have a Samsung note and have some experience writing Kanji, the Samsung keyboard with the pen is great.

artsi

Woah!! Really? What a bunch of jerks

Yeah. Also some GAF member sent around PSN messages with spoilers in them a while back, don't remember what game it was about but anyway.

There's some sick bastards among us, despite being a relatively safe forum.

jzbluz

Using Google translate, and looking up the kanji that the app doesn't pick by radicals in the dictionary has worked fine for me in the past.

This is how you learn though. At least if you're at an intermidiate level and know a fair bit of grammar. Read read read, and I'm sure the game'll have lots of that.
Yup, I'm approaching intermediate and I'm looking forward to getting some real practice. And also playing the game :p

I'd say the quickest way would be to use an app like Akebi and draw them. With the PS3/PS4 resolution it should be pretty easy not to mess it up, especially if you do know some kanji and radicals already. I think it would definitely take less time than searching for radicals.

Shouta

Gonna make the same rule I did for the Tales of Berseria thread, DO NOT POST SPOILERS IF YOU ARE NOT PLAYING THE GAME YOURSELF. You will get a short vacation if you do.

Copper

How many of you are playing who don't know Japanese? I know very little Japanese and I'm undecided if I should get this. The last import I had was Dark Souls 3 and I had no problems with that. What will you guys be using to help play?

B00TE

I watched that stream posted earlier, broke down and just preordered it. I have a weak will, but GOD DAMN everything just looks so good.

enkaisu

Banned
Those of you who don't know Japanese but are importing regardless are braver than me haha. I just can't convince myself to do it. It's gonna be a long 5 months. ;_;

Rpgmonkey

Finished Tales of Berseria just in time for this. Wish I had more time to do a second run of that but I don't want to get in the middle of one and have to cut it short for an indeterminate amount of time.

I'm not a huge Persona fan but I'm really looking forward to this one, it seems to have made a lot of enhancements and changes to be a little more appealing to people like me. :p

Oh, yeah. Not even a grammar dictionary would be able to save that soul.

Yeah. Only knowing Kawaii and Konnichiwa and then seeing this as soon as the game starts:

正体不明の移動物体は依然本所に対し進行中

=大変

How many of you are playing who don't know Japanese? I know very little Japanese and I'm undecided if I should get this. The last import I had was Dark Souls 3 and I had no problems with that. What will you guys be using to help play?

I am so anxious and this (puts the index and thumb finger almost together) close to getting this. UGHHHHHH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom