• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS - The oFFicial Thread

Loudninja

Kittonwy said:
Had I deriver would I getz erectrical superpowahz?
angry.gif

I was going to post this but I just got home and work has disallowed posting on forumz.

Its cool man ;)

Dante

The AnswerV said:
AVAILABLE ON PlayStation® NETWORK │ MAY 21ST - $9.99

$9.99? What does that mean?

Soundtrack will be on PSN for $9.99

For the new page, any pics of the other gangs?

Hunahan

Banned
infaPLAYSTATION3mous.jpg

I mean...jesus, dude.

If these images had just come that way or something...but....considering you actually pasted all of those in yourself....it's just......jesus, dude.

Hunahan said:
http://photos.imageevent.com/scomer/gs/infaPLAYSTATION3mous.jpg
I mean...jesus, dude.

If these images had just come that way or something...but....considering you actually pasted all of those in yourself....it's just......jesus, dude.

you forgot the one above the i in the title of the game ;P

eznark

Banned
Hunahan said:
infaPLAYSTATION3mous.jpg

I mean...jesus, dude.

you missed the dot for the I

jmd494

Anyone else playing the demo find the prison really cool/interesting and want to get in there really bad? They did a good job with the city's design IMO.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Y2Kev said:
it says soundtrack available on playstation network may 21st for 9.99

WOOT!!! downloading that on may 21. AWESOME!

Hunahan said:
http://photos.imageevent.com/scomer/gs/infaPLAYSTATION3mous.jpg[/G]
I mean...jesus, dude.

If these images had just come that way or something...but....considering you actually pasted all of those in yourself....it's just......jesus, dude.[/QUOTE]

Don't see anything wrong.

Doubledex

Banned
Hunahan said:
I mean...jesus, dude.
:lol :lol So true

jmd494

AltogetherAndrews said:
About the game, does anyone else find the little sound after a successful take down pretty damned sweet? Makes you feel like you've accomplished something after each and every little kill.
If you're playing on hard...you really have accomplished something with every little kill. The enemies can be a bitch!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
The choice of screen in the OP are awesome. More cred to the OST in the OP too please. People need to hear that thing. How about a link to the IGN splash page with the samples? I'm more hyped after seeing the work that went into this. Great stuff!

neojubei

Wollan said:
More developers need to add their soundtracks to the PS Store.

DRM free goodness.

So true. I hope 1st and 2nd party Sony games have their soundtracks on PSN.

Mrbob

inFamous :bow

Still haven't played the demo (waiting for final release), but let me ask a question for those who have.

Do you think the gamestop preorder weapon bonus is needed to play with this title? Or do you have so many powers you may not even need them? I thought I read somewhere there are up to 80 powers. I've been trying to keep myself on a near blackout with this title.

Jander said:
Game Informer gave it a 9. Just caught it in the mail.

Second opinion? I'm a bit surprised; I had expected it to be a bit lower, given the nature of the recent previews (not to mention given the nature of previews of certain other games).

Dante

Loudninja said:
Yeah the demo must have been and old build because the red lightning looks nothing like that in the demo :0

There's the black ink blt looking lightning, then this type also:

infamous-20090320084040618.jpg

It seems.

Nightz

Mrbob said:
Do you think the gamestop preorder weapon bonus is needed to play with this title? Or do you have so many powers you may not even need them? I thought I read somewhere there are up to 80 powers. I've been trying to keep myself on a near blackout with this title.
I beat the game and I think you have more than enough powers at your disposal to enjoy yourself, but having an extra one can't hurt.

raYne

Mrbob said:
inFamous :bow

Still haven't played the demo (waiting for final release), but let me ask a question for those who have.

One power (and a shitty one at that imo) isn't going to change much. You have enough at your disposal.

As for "80 powers", no. Not even close.
b85pap.jpg

Each symbol on the top is a power.. and even if you count upgrades, it's nowhere near 80.

neojubei

Anyone Pre-ordered for the giga-blades from gamestop?

Musashi Wins! said:
To be clear, it doesn't matter where I preorder to get the beta code for Uncharted 2, right?

Yes the code for the beta is in the infamous box. Greedy gamestop employees cannot get their hands on it.

Doubledex

Banned
thaOwner said:
9 ? no sale. Was expecting a ten

am i doing this right ?
No, this would be right: "Meh, Game Informer is crap. I don't believe Game Informer. I will wait for the Eurogamer review, because they always give Sony 1st Party games low scores. And if they give them a good score, I will wait for the first (low-score) from GamesSimbabwe. This one will be the only good+true review. All the others got mooooneyhatted by Sony"

Great GI rating :)

Jander

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
Second opinion? I'm a bit surprised; I had expected it to be a bit lower, given the nature of the recent previews (not to mention given the nature of previews of certain other games).

Second opinion was 8.5. It's the game of the month, beating out Punch Out, which also got a 9. The review dings it for a few of the plot twists, but touts the gameplay as "satisfying".

raYne said:
One power (and a shitty one at that imo) isn't going to change much. You have enough at your disposal.

As for "80 powers", no. Not even close.
b85pap.jpg

Each symbol on the top is a power.. and even if you count upgrades, it's nowhere near 80.

They really shouldn't have said 80.

From what I understand you have powers (which they counted), level up for the powers (which they counted) then good and evil of the powers (which they also counted).

Mrbob

Thanks for the input. I think I'll skip it unless I round up some trade ins for gamestop.

Nightz I'm trying to determine if this one power is worth 10 bucks. I can preorder online for 53.99 with free shipping (no tax). I buy at gamestop I'm spending just over 63 dollars with tax. I can buy another psn game (or heck the sound track) for 10 dollars.

JoJo13

Banned
I was originally going to play as the good guy on my first playthrough...

but seeing how they upgraded the effects on the evil cole.....hmmm...I don't know anymore.

Evil Cole is a lot more badass now!

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Mrbob said:
Thanks for the input. I think I'll skip it unless I round up some trade ins for gamestop.

Nights I'm trying to determine if this one power is worth 10 bucks. I can preorder online for 53.99 with free shipping (no tax). I buy at gamestop I'm spending just over 63 dollars with tax. I can buy another psn game (or heck the sound track) for 10 dollars.

It's worth 10 bucks not to have to go in Gamestop ;)

"what else you want to preorder, what else you want to preorder, want an edge card? what else you want to preorder?"

Loudninja

Jander said:
Second opinion was 8.5. It's the game of the month, beating out Punch Out, which also got a 9. The review dings it for a few of the plot twists, but touts the gameplay as "satisfying".

Wow game of the month? nice

Top Bottom