• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Shin, you dont have a vivi? Really pal, her dualcast blizzara is incredible for chain blanket.

I only got her once during a draw and sold her off. I feel like it was a mistake.

I mean, I'll be fine on Pro. I'll be able to get all the tickets, SQ, items, and put some back for 6* Cecil. But if I can do elite, I'll have more room for the next event.

Jeffrey

man i feel like an idiot. should have done research about this event ages ago.

would have prioritized lvling up my fodder mages instead of charolette and that red mage during the maze event :/

ExVicis

Does anyone want to be friends and help me out with this ELT with their high Mag units? I'm trying with everything I got and I can't get through Wiegraf without half of my party just eating a ton of damage and dying because they couldn't burst him down.

My ID is 718,702,767 and I have my measly 288 Tellah set to Leader, but that's my best Mag unit right now sadly.

Valonquar

I just feel realylucky I decided to power level my mages during last event. Got 2 Exdeaths and 1 Kefka from 3* lvl 1 to 5* lvl 80 and 1 Kefka to 4* 40 before it ended last night.

After messing with equipment and abilities, it looks like one of my Kefkas with all the best gears I have puts him up to 352, so swapped him to my leader.

The event should power level my remaining, non-maxxed Kefka as I grind for mats...

Since I'll be set for that soon, I need to look into what is needed for the similar setup from that one video where Edgar was chaining some sort of bowgun attack... what exactly does that setup entail? Want to have something set up for the eventual enounters where there's too much elemental resistances.

Kouriozan

Need more NRG!
Looks like it's going to take at least 3 days to awake Lightning, but I'm not in a rush, this event is easily clearable with the proper team.

Rixa

Does anyone want to be friends and help me out with this ELT with their high Mag units? I'm trying with everything I got and I can't get through Wiegraf without half of my party just eating a ton of damage and dying because they couldn't burst him down.

My ID is 718,702,767 and I have my measly 288 Tellah set to Leader, but that's my best Mag unit right now sadly.

Sure, tossed fr to you.

Shin, you dont have a vivi? Really pal, her dualcast blizzara is incredible for chain blanket.

Thank you for mentioning Vivi! Totally forgot about dual cast. I wasnt able to kill the leader of the 5th battle in ELT in 1 turn and he would silence/etc a bunch of people so I couldn't win... using the Dual cast blizzara Vivi I was able to beat ELT. Thanks!

Pejo

Dammit, got owned in round 5 of the ELT dungeon. My Blizzaga chain left the one dude with just a pinch of health, and he Thundaga'd my whole party into oblivion.

Thoughts on setup? I'm using:

-Vaan - Focus then ???
-Exdeath - Blizzaga
-Celes - Blizzaga
-Kefka - Blizzaga
-Tellah - Blizzaga
-Friend - Any Blizzaga unit

I think I may have forgotten to re-up focus, now that I'm typing this out. That might be all I need to do, but I don't have any more stamina right now to test.

I also have Shantotto, might try her in place of Celes. Every mage I have is equipped with MAG+10% and MP+10% until their materia slots are full.

*Edit* I just read the post above mine. I'll give this a shot too. Dualcast Blizzara might be the missing key here.

Razmos

Having lots of trouble with the elite difficulty, gonna have to take some time out to level up some mages I think

Swapped my friend share to my 320 mag kefka. I am able to clear this challenge with a chain Blizzaga team of Kefka, ExDeath, Golbez and Tella. I always bring a mage friend with at least 300 mag. My secret weapon is Vaan. Full break the main enemy each round. Final round I use that focus. The one boss that cast status effect bonanza is always alive though unless my friend unit has over 350 mag. Not the biggest deal, because as long as one of my dudes isn't muted, confused ect. I can finish him on a second turn.

Syntsui

Yeah... I can't get past the third stage from Elite, even with your powerful Ex-Death/Kefka guys :(

My only decent Blizzaga user is a maxed 4* Kefka and I don't have materials to focus awakening him, so i will keep doing advanced for now.

across

I think I may have forgotten to re-up focus, now that I'm typing this out.

Just a quick note here - any buffs you apply to your party drop off in-between rounds of the event. So if you Focus on the first wave, then blow everything up in one turn, you don't get two more turns of it, you get none. Three turn duration applies as normal within a round, though.

I honestly am not sure if this is standard behaviour for story missions as I don't think I've ever applied Focus et al during them, but it's the behaviour here.

c-murph

How long does it usually take for GUMI Customer Support to get back to you and restore loss purchases that were never applied to account? Anything like SE support and keep you waiting for several weeks?

Iceman829

So I decided to switch up my team and had much better results. Round 1-4 I just clicked repeat. Round 5-6 I set just to be safe. I would use barrage after the element chain to make sure the attacks went where they were needed.

Cloud of Darkness 290 ATK - clean up duty w/ barrage
Celes lvl 48 161 MAG - element chain starter
Golbez - 233 MAG
Tellah 250 MAG
Kefka 307 MAG

Borrow mage from friends. It seems I have a selection of 300+ friends and people have been changing over as well

Pejo

Just a quick note here - any buffs you apply to your party drop off in-between rounds of the event. So if you Focus on the first wave, then blow everything up in one turn, you don't get two more turns of it, you get none. Three turn duration applies as normal within a round, though.

I honestly am not sure if this is standard behaviour for story missions as I don't think I've ever applied Focus et al during them, but it's the behaviour here.

Oh wow, that's a lot of bullshit. So it'd be smart to save Vaan's MP until round 4 for the harder mobs. Thanks for this tidbit, I honestly didn't notice the buffs drop off.

ExVicis

Sure, tossed fr to you.
Thanks, your ExDeath really helps and puts just enough DPS into being able to actually do this place for me.

Edit: Now I just need to find more people with MAG close to that one and I can maybe do ELT a but more.

across

Oh wow, that's a lot of bullshit. So it'd be smart to save Vaan's MP until round 4 for the harder mobs. Thanks for this tidbit, I honestly didn't notice the buffs drop off.

No worries! Like I said somewhere upthread, what I do is just have Vaan Full Break the named Knights until the final wave, where Focus + quintuple Blizz-spell is enough to one-round them (your mileage may vary).

Folstern

Was doing okay with my normal party of Vaan, WoL, CoD, Lenna and Kefka but boy did the mostly all mage team do much better with the blizzard blanket.

Vivi
Tellah
Celes
Kefka
CoD (maneater eats em up)
Kefka friend

Completing each round in one turn now.

ExVicis

I give up. Not doing elite for now. Almost threw my phone.

If I can do it with my crap team that is just Golbez, Ludmille (with Blizzara), Edgar with Icebrand and Tellah (albeit I just did it carried by Rixa's ExDeath) then surely you can do it

Just opened up 5 more slots for friends. Have a 365 MAG Exdeath lead atm. Can add a Dual Cast on him if you guys want or I will have another +30 MAG by the end of the day to pump him up a bit more. 716.468.148

ZangBa

I'm able to do ELT with my physical team, thankfully, since I spent 0 effort into mages. Just need a strong physical friend and it's 1 Turn kill AoE city. Sucks how Cheer runs out every round. :/

bonkeng

If I can do it with my crap team that is just Golbez, Ludmille (with Blizzara), Edgar with Icebrand and Tellah (albeit I just did it carried by Rixa's ExDeath) then surely you can do it

I did, but success rate is too low for me. I have the units, but all aren't levelled yet.

Guess I have to level them mages first to beat ELT consistently. Else I'll be too stressed lol.

ExVicis

Just opened up 5 more slots for friends. Have a 365 MAG Exdeath lead atm. Can add a Dual Cast on him if you guys want or I will have another +30 MAG by the end of the day to pump him up a bit more. 716.468.148

I sent you an FR. This event is really showing me a lot of people on my FL are active but have kept the same characters with the same levels on their lead since I friended them which really isn't helpful.

Edit: I threw on your way too Chilly.

Celegus

Was doing okay with my normal party of Vaan, WoL, CoD, Lenna and Kefka but boy did the mostly all mage team do much better with the blizzard blanket.

Vivi
Tellah
Celes
Kefka
CoD (maneater eats em up)
Kefka friend

Completing each round in one turn now.
Do you just barrage with CoD? I'm having a really rough time given my lack of good mages too, failed Elite 5 times now. Does Vivi learn blizzaga too? I tried the Edgar chainsaw thing too but no luck with that either yet.

ExVicis

Do you just barrage with CoD? I'm having a really rough time given my lack of good mages too, failed Elite 5 times now. Does Vivi learn blizzaga too? I tried the Edgar chainsaw thing too but no luck with that either yet.
It's working for me. I have one good mage (Tellah) and too mediocre mages (Golbez and Ludmille) and hopefully a good friend mage to seal the deal. I have them all chain and wait to see who is left alive. If someone is still standing then I have CoD barrage the guy still up to finish him off.

Folstern

I just barrage with CoD after the blizzard blanket. She cleans up whatever units are left which are usually just one or two with minimal health.

Vivi only learns Blizzara but he has Dual Black Magic inherently so he can keep up with the better mages to some degree.

Syntsui

You guys convinced me to swap my Charllote and level up my other Kefka to finish Elite with no problems. I have to buy that Earring too, so there's a lot of room for improvement.

Well I use CoD as a mop up unit. Since she has Human Killer, whatever the mages don't mop up certainly will. What equipment do you have for her?

Elite and Advanced are straight up the best Rank grind levels available right now.

Pro is the best Rank/NRG ratio at 65. Adv is 52.14 and Elite is 53.33. So if you want to just get rank while grinding some stones do Pro. Elite is still the best overall though since you get far more stones when you do it.

Hello new thread!

I'm kinda getting tired of all of these events. Let us rest a little, geez.

I feel like all gacha style mobile games are this way. Tales of Link is the worst it has multiple things going basically nonstop it's pushing me close to just dropping the game.

Celegus

Well I use CoD as a mop up unit. Since she has Human Killer, whatever the mages don't mop up certainly will. What equipment do you have for her?
Lunar pestle, black belt gi, green beret, two hero rings. Pretty much as good as it gets. I do have another CoD but she wouldn't have as good of a weapon. As far as mages go, I have Kefka Golbez Celes and Kuja.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Pro is the best Rank/NRG ratio at 65. Adv is 52.14 and Elite is 53.33. So if you want to just get rank while grinding some stones do Pro. Elite is still the best overall though since you get far more stones when you do it.

You basically get half the stones you do in Pro as you do Elite, for a 50% Energy increase.

But honestly, depending on what you're interested in. It maybe more beneficial to do Pro. If you want to stock the cache with as many 6* materials as you can. Elite, but if your running this 2x as much for the same items. You can score twice the rank. Meaning, you're getting close to that 8 Hour recharge time.

Just beat it on Elite. I only replace Shanotto with WoL.

2x times, they had a unit survive past the initial burst. So I feel like I need a 3rd mage above 200 or at least someone stronger than Lasswell. Would have been nice if I finished leveling up my 2nd Kefka.... and didn't sell everything other than my main gear(I.E. I sold Ice Rod, Fire Rod, etc)

Anyways, I'll be getting the Treasure chest for 500 stones. I have some 15 keys anyways and I think I'll be doing Pro most of the time, with a few rounds with elite while I gear up my Mages. If I can get some of those 10% MAG for Tellah, Lasswell, and Celes, that will be a nice boost of about 40+ MAG each, and craft Fire Rods for each for an additional 26 MAG. It should give me the extra kick to safely clear Elite.

Coppanuva

What's the 1st time clear on Elite? I'm getting trounced on it (can't wipe most of them in 1 turn so they either status effect me or kill some key units), debating whether it's worth tossing in a lapis or not to finish it on a good run.Probably just sticking to pro otherwise.

Syntsui

Oh, I meant Pro. For some reason I thought Elite was after Advanced.

Iceman829

What's the 1st time clear on Elite? I'm getting trounced on it (can't wipe most of them in 1 turn so they either status effect me or kill some key units), debating whether it's worth tossing in a lapis or not to finish it on a good run.Probably just sticking to pro otherwise.

I think it's a 100 A. Shard bonus. The material we are farming for mog king

Muku

Hmm. With events like these, it's clear I get the cream of the crap when it comes to pulls. :( Best mage I have is Kefka (when he was the banner and I pulled like a shit ton of him). I ended up merging him for the Trust then, but ugh, now this is making me wish I'd kept them, since I have crap for luck on good units.

So, I guess my question now is it seems that mages are the way to go on this. Is it even worth bothering to try to get the weapon? That's all I want out of this. But it sounds like PRO/ELT are the way to go for farming. If I don't have the mages to pull weight in this, is it even worth it? Or would I somehow be able to squeak it by doing ADV PRO (without having to treat it as a job)?

Also, I take it only a few can reach 6* right now, correct? Is this event the only way to get those materials? Sounds like it, which is why I ask. And if that's the case, is that going to be the only way to get 6* mats, is from events? :(

Hmm. With events like these, it's clear I get the cream of the crap when it comes to pulls. :( Best mage I have is Kefka (when he was the banner and I pulled like a shit ton of him). I ended up merging him for the Trust then, but ugh, now this is making me wish I'd kept them, since I have crap for luck on good units.

So, I guess my question now is it seems that mages are the way to go on this. Is it even worth bothering to try to get the weapon? That's all I want out of this. But it sounds like PRO/ELT are the way to go for farming. If I don't have the mages to pull weight in this, is it even worth it? Or would I somehow be able to squeak it by doing ADV PRO (without having to treat it as a job)?

Also, I take it only a few can reach 6* right now, correct? Is this event the only way to get those materials? Sounds like it, which is why I ask. And if that's the case, is that going to be the only way to get 6* mats, is from events? :(

Correct only 2 can get 6* at the moment. Lightning and Delita. Ramza will more than likely be added to that list next week though.

tariniel

Man I can barely beat Elite, I only have 2 mages at max (Kefka and Tellah) so I fill the rest of my party with Vaan, WoL, and Lenna, and try to take a friends Kefka. So far I've won about 5-6 of them and failed 1.

The only way I can win is to Focus on every turn, and use Lenna to feed Ethers to Vaan and spam cures during the boss. I either Full Break problem units with WoL or use Bladeblitz, and Blizzaga on everyone else. The bossfight is always a struggle but I Full Break the top left guy to eliminate the double lightning damage and can usually survive the rest of the onslaught, although several untis end up slept or silenced. The best part of Kefka is that he can still Hyperdrive through silence, and Tellah can at least use Recall.

Super tough though. Kind of want to dump a bunch of these giant cactuars into my 2nd Kefka and see if I can max him, although I don't think it's possible... maybe he can end up valuable enough with an extra blizzaga anyway. I tried putting Lasswell in there for an extra blizzaga but I lost badly for missing full break/focus/heals. I have 2 extra Kefka and an Exdeath that I haven't really bothered leveling, I guess lesson learned.

My own Kefka only has 305 MAG but I switched him to my friend unit instead of Lightning for the event. Right move? Is it worth dropping back to Pro for an easier time? I'd like to get whatever materials I need for Lightning and the tickets. I don't know if I care that much about the sword since the only unit I have than can use it is WoL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom