• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Dec. 2016- Thus Crom decrees: Clear Thy Backlog & Uncover The Riddle of Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have released a plague across the lands. I am kind of a shitty Witcher.

But I did bag another magic woman. I have needs don't judge me.

Reached Anor Londo in Dark Souls PTD last week, but my motivation to play has dropped since getting to those archers. Closest I've got is taking the one on the left out, but then being knocked off immediately by the one on the right.

You can snipe the right one with arrows by the building corner on the way up. Just inch out slowly and their arrow hits the building.

Or just take a big shield and move up to the right one, let them attack and then counter once, repeat until they die or fall off. The left one cannot even see you when you are there.

EDIT - Hey slabs! New thread.

Anteater

Reached Anor Londo in Dark Souls PTD last week, but my motivation to play has dropped since getting to those archers. Closest I've got is taking the one on the left out, but then being knocked off immediately by the one on the right.

just gotta learn that they can't hit you if you run

Tapejara

I may have released a plague across the lands. I am kind of a shitty Witcher.

But I did bag another magic woman. I have needs don't judge me.

You can snipe the right one with arrows by the building corner on the way up. Just inch out slowly and their arrow hits the building.

Or just take a big shield and move up to the right one, let them attack and then counter once, repeat until they die or fall off. The left one cannot even see you when you are there.

EDIT - Hey slabs! New thread.

just gotta learn that they can't hit you if you run

Thanks for the tips guys. I think I might just head back to Sen's Fortress or Undead Parish and see if I can stock up on arrows.

jorma

is now taking requests
Added a bunch of games to my wishlist that i was thinking about buying.
Then I bought total warhammer for much more than i planned to spend, and kinda forgot everything else. Worth it though.

MadGear

After partially replaying Darksiders 2 just recently I'm really looking forward to replaying the imo better Darksiders 1. Darksiders 2 is by far no bad game, there is so much I enjoy about it, but I underestimated how repetitive this game gets after a while. This game just loves making you repeat tasks and due to its somewhat slower pacing progressing in this game feels like a drag at times. I don't know if I used to be more resilient towards repetition in games but this time I just had to stop playing this game (iirc I was almost on my way to earth). Now I just hope that the Warmastered Edition performs well on PC.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
OPjIzat.png

https://www.humblebundle.com/tycoon-simulator-bundle

edit: beaten *shakes fist*

Ascheroth

Got this ages ago in the Carpe Fulgur collection, in those dark times where japanese games on Steam were as common as diamonds on my front yard, played it a little at that time and decided to finish that sucker off recently.

The short version: it's a fun little 7-8 hour long action-RPG with a surprisingly interesting story, somewhat basic but very challenging gameplay, a neat magic system, a fishing-minigame, and it has graphics that are a mix of sprites and PS2-level 3D environments.
It's a little rough around the edges but overall pretty fun.

The long version:
Gameplay is essentially battling through a number of dungeons, each divided into a few levels with a boss at the end. A dungeon needs to be completed in a single run and to complete a level you need to kill every single enemy to unlock the exit. However the exit stays unlocked permanently, so if you die midway you can just run through the levels on the next try. Much appreciated.

You can attack with your trusty sword, where proper timing on the last attack of a combo (or in the air) does a more damaging attack, cast magic by gathering magic gems from dropped enemies and dodge.
There's no leveling system, instead you have 3 inventory slots for equipment and there are items to permanently increase your max health.
Every stage has a secret treasure as well for which you need to do some obscure stuff. You can buy hints (which cost you max HP, yeah...), but tbh I just used a guide.

Balancing is usually very tight. Challenging, but not impossible, but it kinda falls apart for the end boss (that has 3 stages).
There's one item you can get in one of the secret treasures that's essentially required to have any reasonable chance at beating the boss without either grinding out max HP or being ridiculously skilled. But if you get that item, chances are that you also have all the others and there's one that makes the 3rd stage a joke. The other 2 were still pretty challenging though!

data

I'm guessing it's because OOTP18 will be launching in March of next year or so, so they want to grab any last minute stragglers

According to Steamspy it sold 22k copies on Steam... so it's probably just because of bad sales.

Grief.exe

According to Steamspy it sold 22k copies on Steam... so it's probably just because of bad sales.

We need to get people out of this mindset.

For a super niche, low development cost, high margin game that is a solid performance. Games don't necessarily need to sell millions of copies, or even hundreds of thousands to be profitable. Evaluated on a case by case basis intrinsic on development and licensing costs.
Conclusion supported by the Out of the Park 15 sales numbers being similar, yet they have continued to release titles.

Steamspy is as much a blessing as a curse.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I thought the WarMastered edition was supposed to be free for people who owned the previous stuff?

Edit:... Nm, it said $3.99 and then when I clicked on it, it says it's in my steam library now.

Same happened to me

Knurek

For a super niche, low development cost, high margin game that is a solid performance. Games don't necessarily need to sell millions of copies, or even hundreds of thousands to be profitable. This would be supported by the Out of the Park 15 sales numbers being similar, yet they have continued to release titles.

Yeah, both 15 and 16 sold the similar amount:

15: 37,731
16: 27,323

(15 was in a $1 Humble Tier as well).
Worth noting for collectors, 17 is an officially licensed game and as such runs into delisting probability.

Jadax

I've never played OOTP, is it any good?

I'm into sports management games (FM, Cricket, Motorsport, American Football) but I've never watched a game of baseball before.

Knurek

I'm into sports management games (FM, Cricket, Motorsport, American Football) but I've never watched a game of baseball before.

OOTP is like an American version of FM.
Same breadth, scope and simulation quality.

Yeah, I own OOTP 14 from a Humble Bundle as well, but I checked and that was after 15 went on sale.
Yeah, both 15 and 16 sold the similar amount:

15: 37,731
16: 27,323

(15 was in a $1 Humble Tier as well).
Worth noting for collectors, 17 is an officially licensed game and as such runs into delisting probability.
Guess I've missed the previous games being in $1 territory before!

For a super niche, low development cost, high margin game that is a solid performance. Games don't necessarily need to sell millions of copies, or even hundreds of thousands to be profitable. Evaluated on a case by case basis intrinsic on development and licensing costs.
Conclusion supported by the Out of the Park 15 sales numbers being similar, yet they have continued to release titles.

Steamspy is as much a blessing as a curse.
I agree, plus they sell the game on their own site as well so that doesn't fully take into account the number of games sold.

It's by far the best baseball sim you can find. The amount of depth can be overwhelming if you're not into baseball.

Vlad

Everybody Dupes

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nom Nom Galaxy -- MB-62202DF2144AFB69 - Taken by Large Professor
Asdivine Hearts -- MB-C6A4265C51735CD2 - Taken by Orgen

t1480448504z1.png

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hannes, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Train Simulator 2016 -- MB-6738F214E1ECEBCD - Taken by CheDominik
RollerCoaster Tycoon: Deluxe -- MB-4FD6475A25D6541B - Taken by Purkake4

t1480448642z1.png

Hope it's not to attract new members here when the sale is over.

Because that never happens and when it does, they stay for a day or two and disappear lol

I gave it a fair try the last several sales. See no point in closing the community thread anymore. Let there be two and people decide where to go.

My Steam controller carrying case arrived, really nice quality for $18, protects my precious controller from the insane amount of dust in my house.

Anyone know what happened with Uplay and Shadows of Mordor? Is Ubi sending out keys or refunding?

It's very good, but I doubt you'll like if you don't appreciate baseball.

Tizoc

Hmm not sure if I'd get it but I'll consider it thanks for the info.

Oh and if anyone is planning on playing Yaiba make sure you play it on Easy, on Normal the tougher enemies take forever to kill @_@

OOTP is such a time sink. It's great but if you don't know about baseball you'll find yourself lost or you have some serious reading up to do.

btw: Youtuber's Life sounds terrible.

Monooboe

I think I'm going to try and save up all my card money towards a Steam controller. Sure I might have thought it every time and the moment a game is on sale that I want to play it's hard to resist but THIS TIME I will try.:D

So, seeing as I don't really have many carddrops left I need to start bulking up on bundles and save up cent by cent. So winter sale 2017!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom