• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

openrob

Pretty hype for this game, I try to not pay too much attention to all the news around it, however the greatest thing that pisses me off?

I
Pre ordered the Wii U version
because I obviously have issues.
Fingers crossed for compensation.

The_Monk

Good OT made by a good fellow GAFfer, thanks for making this.

I plan on getting this game as soon as possible budget wise. ;)

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
As a Person of Interest fan, I have to get this.

Obligatory PoI images and GIF's before NTGYK posts them:

iGxBcvXeepliv.gif

badass14wu9c.gif

ihFZfuzHfzHs0.gif

badass2n5u33.gif

I'm totally going to be disappointed with the game since Aiden is probably going to be an asshole who thinks he's doing the right thing.

Wish that games didn't focus as much on the anger/revenge sentiment of characters but rather focus on the regret they might feel, specially Aiden since he's the one who got his family in the crosshairs. But no, THEY MUST PAY.

woen

I'm totally going to be disappointed with the game since Aiden is probably going to be an asshole who thinks he's doing the right thing.

Wish that games didn't focus as much on the anger/revenge sentiment of characters but rather focus on the regret they might feel, specially Aiden since he's the one who got his family in the crosshairs. But no, THEY MUST PAY.

Don't judge the story before knowing the whole plot!

Am I read that version chart correctly in that the DL version on the PS store has all the extra content?(hard to see though the lettering, we should get one comapring all the version.

Should I cancel my gamespot version and just go DL only if I dont care about the disc?

Flawless OT. What's funny to me is how it also highlights the confusing messaging surrounding this title from its delay until now; only underscoring to me that I made the right choice in canceling my preorder and waiting this one out to see what people here think about it once they have time to really sink some time into it.

I wonder if we're ever going to get PC performance info, because the game director mentioned people asking him about that and that he was talking to people about that.

wrog

My hype deflated a long time ago but I'm still getting this game next week. Mainly because it gives me Person of Interest vibes and I love that tv show.

Gaz_RB

That doesn't sound good.

Well Transistor and Wolfenstein are doing the same thing. It's the rage, and I wouldn't automatically assume it has to do with quality.

What Transistor's dev said about it:

Assuming you mean review embargoes, we had complete influence over Transistor's review embargo. It's our game.

Some reasons we felt a review embargo was appropriate:

- While it is unavoidable to some extent, we wanted to give at least some media outlets an equivalent and sufficiently reasonable amount of time with the game. (We still have hundreds of requests for review code that we're evaluating.)

- We want to protect our game so that it's not spoiled for people before they can play it for themselves. We've purposely withheld a lot of information about Transistor. If someone live-streamed the whole thing yesterday, we would have been sad.

- We think it's good when reviews coincide with the availability of the thing being reviewed. I hate reading reviews of things I don't have the option to buy or play (regardless of whether the review is positive).

So, my opinion is that a review embargo such as this is primarily a request for courtesy between publications getting early access to a game, but it is also somewhat self-serving (as is the act of sending out review code). We have no real leverage to enforce this embargo, being a small studio that's only released one other game. However, we respect the editorial process and have faith that publications will honor the embargo for the sake of their peers in the field, if for no other reason.

Back in my game-reviewing days we would sometimes get reviewers' guides with lists of topics we were asked not to cover or spoil, or whatever. I think that stuff is nonsense and that we have no say in those types of decisions. Publications best know what level of detail their audiences want. It's right there in the word "Editor".

Anyway some reviews should start hitting before the game comes out for those interested. I will find out what reviews this game gets no sooner than any of you.

woen

That doesn't sound good.

That doesn't mean anything. Especially since Ubisoft likes to put the end of the embargo the day before the release or the day of the release. And their games have 80+ metascores...

However some reviewers who where at the Ubi event claimed they could make video reviews for the 22...

Duster

edit: am I reading this right? Dedsec edition does not come with dedsec pack lol

Just when I thought that chart couldn't get any worse, my eyes must have glazed over when I first looked at it.
The special edition doesn't seem very special either judging by all the pink.

pahamrick

Got the PC version today. Hopefully my aging GPUs give me decent quality at 30fps. I don't need 60fps for an open world game, just want a locked 30 at 1080.

Looking forward to it!

IcyEyes

Depends on you PC, nvdia has a partnership with Ubi, but I would advise to wait until the Digital Foundry analysis;

I'm pretty sure my PC can handle it and show it at its best, but the point is: if you have an awesome PC that can put on screen all the game has to offerç will this be so impressive and superior to the console version?
Regardless of how powerful a pc is, the game may still have a mediocre graphics engine, decent assets, animations, etc.

Son Of D

Great OT. Only nitpick is that it should say "Fall 2014" for Wii U. In case someone unaware of the delay sees it and thinks it's released same day as the others.

woen

I'm pretty sure my PC can handle it and show it at its best, but the point is: if you have an awesome PC that can put on screen all the game has to offerç will this be so impressive and superior to the console version?
Regardless of how powerful a pc is, the game may still have a mediocre graphics engine, decent assets, animations, etc.

I think the PC version will be better than the PS4 one. You could get better resolution and fps, among other things (AA, textures, some effects maybe...)

Top Bottom