• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Speedrunning Thread - RESETRESETRESET

LordAlu

Do most off you guys run games or do most people here just watch streams?

I'm practicisng Batman NES at the moment but I don't stream. I'm not near attempting a speed run yet though as I have a PAL NES so my Batman runs slower, however that helps me a little as I can remember exact jump points easier when everything is running slower. Once I'm used to that I'll move on to emulated Batman for the increase in speed, although I don't know how the USB input might affect timing obviously.

frankerz.png
frankerz.png

frankerz.png

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I think the coolest thing about speed running these days, especially after AGDQ, Is that a lot of the runners who were sorta unknown compared to cosmo & sig seem to have their own cool personality.

Caleb for whatever reason seems to enjoy being topless and doing pushups. #teamfit

Adam_AK enjoys wearing hats and sunglasses inside while playing on what sounds like a small shitty TV.

Revven

Siglemic is streaming OoT 100% practice right now if you wanna watch: twitch.tv/siglemic

It's pretty amusing seeing him practice OoT. Definitely weird though if you've watched his SM64 runs cuz you'd expect he'd play another super fast and technical game.

@Hydranockz:
Check this out, this is basically the "Halo Speedrunner place" :
http://highspeedhalo.net/

I can't tell you individual names though, or if there's any streams.

Edit:
I just checked on SRL, there's some people who raced it, including the Halo 2 runner on SDA (Slynki), so maybe check these out too:
http://speedrunslive.com/gamelist/#!/halo1/1
http://speedrunslive.com/gamelist/#!/halo2/1

Siglemic is streaming OoT 100% practice right now if you wanna watch: twitch.tv/siglemic

It's pretty amusing seeing him practice OoT. Definitely weird though if you've watched his SM64 runs cuz you'd expect he'd play another super fast and technical game.

Well OoT also is really technical, even more so in the non-100% categories, but 100% still has quite some tricks to it.

The first thread I check for now when skimming my subscriptions is this one, and before that it was the AGDQ 2013 thread. Is that weird? It's quite a far cry from a month ago, when I devoted less than a single shred of mental capacity to speedrunning.

Haha. I wonder if he'll actually speedrun TWW HD. Most Ocarina of Time speedrunners didn't jump to OoT 3DS when that came out, right?

twitch is thinking about selling merchandise. they mentioned FrankerZ stuffed animals. I'd buy 12.
I still don't know entirely what FrankerZ means. It's some dog or something, right? Is it the one that was posted a few replies back? I don't understand the significance.

Holden

Haha. I wonder if he'll actually speedrun TWW HD. Most Ocarina of Time speedrunners didn't jump to OoT 3DS when that came out, right?

huge doubt that anybody will swap too TWW HD, lots of glitches would be fixed. Unless MAYBE if they add a cut-scene skip.

meijiko

With OoT they fixed some of the more useful glitches, but I think the number 1 deterrent for speedrunners is that it's really difficult/expensive to get video output from a 3DS.

If the wind waker HD is changed enough to have new features more then just fixes it would be like a sequel to run, sort of. If it's anything like OOT 3D then it's just going to be slightly improved and not worth the effort, some will at first but give it half a year after release and you will just see the older game being run still.

Yeah it's the dog emoticon in Twitch chat. This is the backstory

http://twitchtvfaces.com/frankerz.html

It's not really significant in any way. It's just cute and fun to spam.

It's like the dog's face is the pure essence of twitch chat in crowded rooms and events, it's the perfect dog mug shot.

That's mostly because there wasn't 3DS recording yet, and although it exists now, it's still rather expensive. That's also why the DS has barely any runners yet, although it has a gigantic library of games.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Now he's saying it's over? No idea what just happened.

I have no idea. It sounded like it was due to the encounter just before, He got something and going by chat he now has no special attack? I know nothing about pokemon so hopefully someone else can chime in.

Werster still nearly ten minutes ahead leading in to Round 2.

e: Get up to get a drink and hear "Run over, GG NO RE" followed by "YESSSSSSSS" and what appear to be the sounds of post-coital ecstasy. I don't know what happened but potion strats.

Top Bottom