• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sold PS3, feel relieved

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
ahhhhhh...

Backlog: 15 games down in one minute.

PS3: no longer stares reaproachfully from under my table.

The sense of relief: unmatched.

Has somebody sold a console just because of a huge backlog?

no PC vs console arguments in this thread please

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Never even thought about selling my PS3 because of my backlog, and I have a huge one.
Makes no sense to me but to each his own, I guess lol

Durante

If I sold stuff because of backlog I'd first have to sell my PC. The backlog I have on it dwarfs every other platform.

Eusis

I think it'd only work if I felt pressured to beat games I didn't care about. In theory I could offload my PS2 to "avoid" playing my backlog there, but I'd really like to get around to the MegaTen games there.

Of course, it probably helps if there's alternatives to the backlog games, and new MegaTen releases tapered off some after the PS2 was no longer viable, nevermind the JRPG genre on a whole.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I don't quite see the logic here. So what if there's a sizeable backlog? It's not as if you have to complete 'em.

Scotch

I don't quite see the logic here. So what if there's a sizeable backlog? It's not as if you have to complete 'em.
This. Couldn't you just sell the games, and keep the system?

I think about selling my consoles some days, not because of a backlog, but because they're collecting dust.

subversus

but I have to...

You can't run away from the backlog.

:((((

So...you sold your PS3 because it had too many games?

yep. And I wasn't playing them.

15 is a huge backlog?

quite sizeable I think.

I think about selling my consoles some days, not because of a backlog, but because they're collecting dust.

it was doing exactly this.

vazel

Banned
I had a big backlog for my 360 and wanted to prioritize my PS3 and PC over it. But I didn't sell the console, I just sold the games. I only keep the console around for Rez HD and Virtual-On, and some bc xbox games(Crimson Skies, Ninja Gaiden Black, and Panzer Dragoon Orta).

anddo0

15 games?
why NOT, purchase anything for a year?
Play what you have.

I have a comparable backlog (PS3/Vita). But it's a slow year, and I'll be caught up in time for the fall.

MMaRsu

Banned
Hmm ok so you buy a shitton of games you want to play, dont play them but play other games first. Then because you feel guilty for having so many games and dont know where to start you just sell the entire thing?

Uhh ok.

Eusis

Then he will never have a backlog no games, genius!
No no, with Mac you get more games ported all the time thanks to Steam being smart there, nevermind the App Store, and then with Linux... uhhh, kickstarters I guess. Actually Wine may mean it just eats the Windows line up anyway.

Oh, another reason I don't worry about backlogs too much: if the hypothetical crash DOES occur, and it's the worst case (or very close to) worst case scenario where nearly everything's gone, I'd have PLENTY for a long while.

subversus

15 games?
why not purchase anything for a year?
Play what you have.

I have a comparable backlog (PS3/Vita). But it's a slow year, and I'll be caught up in time for the fall.

the problem was that I played like 1 time in 2 months and it had become clear that I'll never beat them and it will be harder to sell a console for money I asked once Sony announce PS4 or something like that.

Understand the feel subversus.
You say you won't buy as many games, that you'll work on the backlog. And you do, for a while. But a certain title comes along, you get into it, and ultimately you slip again and the backlog sits there, almost still as big and even louder.

subversus

Understand the feel subversus.
You say you won't buy as many games, that you'll work on the backlog. And you do, for a while. But a certain title comes along, you get into it, and ultimately you slip again and the backlog sits there, almost still as big and even louder.

noooo

GAF my self-control is shit so i sold a single source of the problem, let's celebrate that

yep! not feeling guilty about that

The secret is to not play the games you're not interested in. After not enjoying completing games I was halfway interested in, I realized this.

Just don't play them. They wont cry. They're not going to text you to remind you they're there. You don't have to come up with excuses. They're plastic.

rdrr gnr

There is something unsettling about selling a console to avoid a backlog. I just think the concept of a backlog on consoles is astounding; disposable income or not (I get the Steam sales thing). Given you haven't done anything meaningful, you'll probably have another massive backlog this time next year.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
There's nothing wrong with having a infinite backlog, I mean you do know it's literally impossible to play every single "good" game out there with your limited life span? heck even if you were immortal it would be still a stretch:p

DonMigs85

Hmm ok so you buy a shitton of games you want to play, dont play them but play other games first. Then because you feel guilty for having so many games and dont know where to start you just sell the entire thing?

Uhh ok.

scaled.php

subversus

There's nothing wrong with having a infinite backlog, I mean you do know it's literally impossible to play every single "good" game out there with your limited life span? heck even if you were immortal it would be still a stretch:p

I haven't realized it until today. I know that there will be some good PS3 exclusive but I won't have time to play them ALL.

Haunted

ahhhhhh...

PS3: no longer stares reaproachfully from under my table.

The sense of relief: unmatched.

no PC vs console arguments in this thread please

You know I'm with you bro, but I can't support that. Your PS3 basically had to pay for your bad buying habits.

There's no real reason to have a backlog on consoles.

ahhhhhh...

your definition of huge backlog and mine are of a whole different level...
but then again i'm a mildly-rich-work-ah-holic with sever impulsive-buying syndrome, so go figure... :|

You could've just done what I did: mentally delete your backlog.

Accept the fact that some of your games will never be finished, let alone played.

Right now, I have a whole two games to finish: Kid Icarus and Xenoblade. And I feel great knowing that.

Top Bottom