• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS4 OS Images Surface

The first pic and the last of the new pics in the OP just look so cluttered to me. I really don't understand why so much information has to be presented like that.

Satchel

Banned
God that installs no confidence whatsoever.

It's like some sort of Frankenstein OS where they weren't sure whether they wanted a social network news feed, or a game OS or a marketplace built into the OS, so they did all 3!

Well, as long as the back end is fixed then its at least a step up from the PS3. Hopefully they overhaul it like MS did over this gen.

btkadams

everyone seems to hate it? weird. i think it looks good. the chat bubble text should be black, but otherwise i like the way everything looks. i hope it's fast and functional.

LaNaranja

Man everyone in the PS4 marketing stuff has looked hilarious.

2500794-smile.jpg

Yeah I'm not liking this actually. Looks a lot like the PSN Store UI. Make an XMB 2.0 with more seamless online interaction to make you 'feel' connected to an online world. That's the only thing I'd wish for.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
This mismash of tile sizes is horrible. Same garbage as the new PSN store.
playstation-4_2013_076yuc5.png

Looks terrible and difficult to navigate.

This says it's the "What's New" section of the PS4.

Essentially it's the evolution of what the PS3 "What's New" section currently features:

index_US.jpg

Which basically means I'll probably never use it. :p

People claiming "it's ugly as sin" or "hideous" are fucking hilarious. Sure it needs a lot of work, but lay off the fucking hyperbole, jesus. Sony does need to hire someone who actually makes a practical UI and not trying to copy little bits from shit we already have.

Madness

Way too busy for me... I'm over the whole trophy/achievement stuff, I wish you could turn it off even.

I'd rather the focus be clean, simple, show what game im playing, who's online etc. That's about it.

Sony has always had poor software. My camera, mp3 Walkman, etc. Then again, have yet to see this in action firsthand. They killed it with the sleek, powerful hardware, let's see.

Raymo

This mismash of tile sizes is horrible. Same garbage as the new PSN store.
playstation-4_2013_076yuc5.png

Looks terrible and difficult to navigate.

How does it look difficult to navigate? It giant squares that you navigate between and click x on to get to the content. Are you getting confused thinking that you need to click on the individual elements within those squares?

Up, down, left, right.

Exactly.

Vire

I really don't like this half on the screen half off the screen bullshit on the top screen icons:

Krakn3Dfx

Way too busy for me... I'm over the whole trophy/achievement stuff, I wish you could turn it off even.

I'd rather the focus be clean, simple, show what game im playing, who's online etc. That's about it.

Sony has always had poor software. My camera, mp3 Walkman, etc. Then again, have yet to see this in action firsthand. They killed it with the sleek, powerful hardware, let's see.

They just added the option to turn off trophy stuff on the PS3, let's hope you can turn it off on the PS4 along with some other things I don't really care about, like Facebook integration and stuff like that.

How does it look difficult to navigate? It giant squares that you navigate between and click x on to get to the content. Are you getting confused thinking that you need to click on the individual elements within those squares?

For me it's not difficult to navigate, but just annoying as fuck to navigate. These squares are way too big and it really feels cheap due to no real organization done to it.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Looks awfully cumbersome. Those colors are horrible too. It might work better than it looks though so I will reserve judgement.

God I'm really starting to dislike mobile/tablet/fb/pinterest/metro style. It's either chaotic as fuck, very fischer price, or a horrific blend of the two.

btkadams

9354418206_1c4073e272_z.jpg

My friends list is going to look just like that!

Seriously now. I know it's marketing and what not but this makes me gag. Does Sony really think gamers look like that?

i don't know about you, but i'm young, hot and professionally photographed.

Top Bottom