• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Volimar

Looks like they took the page down. Any other pages that might have the info? I'm hearing about crossbows and snow prince file names.

Looks like they took the page down. Any other pages that might have the info? I'm hearing about crossbows and snow prince file names.

Here.

Animations\DLC01\Chair_SnowElfPrinceDialogueA.HKX
Animations\DLC01\Chair_SnowElfPrinceDialogueB.HKX
Animations\DLC01\Chair_SnowElfPrinceDialogueC.HKX
Animations\DLC01\Chair_SnowElfPrinceDialogueD.HKX
Animations\DLC01\Chair_SnowElfPrinceDialogueE.HKX
Animations\DLC01\Chair_SnowElfPrinceFireBall.HKX
Animations\DLC01\Chair_SnowElfPrinceSitIdle.HKX
Animations\DLC01\SnowElfPrinceAscensionBurning.HKX
crossbow_direction_behavior.hkx
Animations\CrossBow_1stP_Run.hkx
Animations\CrossBow_1stP_Walk.hkx
Animations\CrossBow_Aim.hkx
Animations\CrossBow_Equip.hkx
Animations\CrossBow_IdleDrawn.hkx
Animations\CrossBow_IdleHeld.hkx
Animations\CrossBow_Release.hkx
Interesting, though I don't see how they can start exploring the story of the Snow Elves unless they use a time travel mechanic. Which would be kinda lame. The snow prince was laid to rest in Solstheim, though, so maybe that's where we're going?

Sblargh

Banned
Snow elf DLC would be all right, tho there is so much more to the lore I would want explored.
But they really are a sad story, maybe it help sheds light on the Dwelmer affair too, which would be good.

Here.

Interesting, though I don't see how they can start exploring the story of the Snow Elves unless they use a time travel mechanic. Which would be kinda lame. The snow prince was laid to rest in Solstheim, though, so maybe that's where we're going?

It is common practice to burn the corpses of our fallen foes. This is as much a necessity as it is custom, for death brings with it disease and dread. Our chieftains wished to cleanse Solstheim of the Elven horde, in death as well as life. It was decided, however, that such was not to be the fate of the Snow Prince. One so mighty in war yet so loved by his kin deserved better. Even in death, even if an enemy of our people.
And so we brought the body of the Snow Prince, wrapped in fine silks, to a freshly dug barrow. The gleaming armor and spear were presented on a pedestal of honor, and the tomb was arrayed with treasures worthy of royalty. All of the mighty chieftains agreed with this course, that the Elf should be so honored. His body would be preserved in the barrow for as long as the earth chose, but would not be offered the protection of our Stalhrim, which was reserved for Nord dead alone.

Snow elf DLC would be all right, tho there is so much more to the lore I would want explored.
But they really are a sad story, maybe it help sheds light on the Dwelmer affair too, which would be good.

My guess? The Snow Prince awakens in Solstheim and his Falmer/Snow Elves start ransacking the island. You go there, find a way to get to his frozen ass, learn all there is to know about the Snow Elves from him, then kick his ass back into his barrow.

MrBig

Here.

You mean exactly the kind of thing they did in the main quest
:lol

Sounds interesting, can't wait for more info :)

edgefusion

I'm really not sure about Snow Elf DLC, I've fought so many of those bloody Falmer I'm not sure I want DLC involving potentially fighting even more of them. Plus the Elven races look so ugly.

Gaf help! I'm in love with a man who won't reciprocate my feelings. :(

Erik the Slayer is bugged and won't swoon over me when I wear my amulet of Mara. I've tried hiring and re-hiring him multiple times and I even 'reset' him with the Wabbajack but yet he still spurns me. Is there anything I can do to fix him? Bear in mind I'm playing on PS3 and have no access to the console commands. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that such a well documented bug still exists.

So I guess I'm stuck with an un-marriable Erik the Slayer? Is it possible to load my PS3 save on a PC, use the console command then transmute it back into a PS3 save?

So I tried playing this last night and I haven't played in almost 3 months that I felt so overwhelmed with how much I still had to do that I just stopped playing. Last time I played I was going for 1000/1000GS. I'm definitely gonna get the DLC when it's announced though.

bob page

Finally "finished" it after 82 hours. My backlog is getting too big so I had to force myself to plow through the main quest. I was pretty disappointed by the lack of closure after going through it
(no credits or anything?)
but it's still possibly my favorite game ever. Definitely the most I've played any game in a very long time.

I'm at 175 hours. Finished the main quest tonight. I think I'm going to finish up the Civil War quest line and the few Daedric quests I have left before calling it quits until the DLC comes out. Who am I kidding, I'll probably sink another 20 hours into. Skyrim has been my white whale. My backlog is weeping. I need to take a hiatus and get used to gaming post-Skyrim.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Haven't played since early March, but jumping back in now to check out many of the cool new mods for weapons and armor. Looking forward to seeing the DLC, as I'll surely buy it. Snow elves would be okay.. although I hope that's not the entire extent of the update.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Welp I just finished the main quest this weekend with my level 42 mage after 137 hours of gameplay. It was both cool and a little bit of a letdown at the same time. I kind of enjoyed the mage college questline more, lol. I will say that I had a kind of difficult time with the few fights towards the end. I won't go into details because of spoilers and such, but yeah I had a hard time with my straight up cloth only mage. Many potions were quaffed throughout the end. I'm not done playing this character by any means, but I am taking a break from him for now.

And on that note, I started a new character last night, this time an Imperial Ranger of sorts. I'm going to focus stat points on melee with one handed weapons and a shield, bows for ranged, and maxing smithing. I'm already at level 10 and I have to say that melee is damned fun. Damned Fun. The kill animations are SO much better for melee than they are for magic, it's not even fair. And by better I mean brutal. I killed the first dragon by literally climbing onto it's back and stabbing my sword down through it's skull!!! Even my gf was amazed by that one. And the visual appeal of wearing all kinds of armor and weapons sure is nice. My mage looked the exact same way for his last 25 levels, no lie. I'm beginning to feel like straight mages got the shaft in this game a tad. I may forego the bows completely and focus solely on melee, it's nice to get in everything's face after playing 42 levels of "kill from distance".

And there is still so much to explore and see in this game. I haven't even been married yet, nor taken a side in the war, nor beaten every dragon priest, and certainly not acquired every shout. I think I'll be playing this game off and on for a very long time yet....

edgefusion

Welp I just finished the main quest this weekend with my level 42 mage after 137 hours of gameplay. It was both cool and a little bit of a letdown at the same time. I kind of enjoyed the mage college questline more, lol. I will say that I had a kind of difficult time with the few fights towards the end. I won't go into details because of spoilers and such, but yeah I had a hard time with my straight up cloth only mage. Many potions were quaffed throughout the end. I'm not done playing this character by any means, but I am taking a break from him for now.

And on that note, I started a new character last night, this time an Imperial Ranger of sorts. I'm going to focus stat points on melee with one handed weapons and a shield, bows for ranged, and maxing smithing. I'm already at level 10 and I have to say that melee is damned fun. Damned Fun. The kill animations are SO much better for melee than they are for magic, it's not even fair. And by better I mean brutal. I killed the first dragon by literally climbing onto it's back and stabbing my sword down through it's skull!!! Even my gf was amazed by that one. And the visual appeal of wearing all kinds of armor and weapons sure is nice. My mage looked the exact same way for his last 25 levels, no lie. I'm beginning to feel like straight mages got the shaft in this game a tad. I may forego the bows completely and focus solely on melee, it's nice to get in everything's face after playing 42 levels of "kill from distance".

And there is still so much to explore and see in this game. I haven't even been married yet, nor taken a side in the war, nor beaten every dragon priest, and certainly not acquired every shout. I think I'll be playing this game off and on for a very long time yet....

In terms of appearance it seems like mages get the shaft in a lot of games. Their clothing options always seem to be nothing more than a variety of smocks. I know the traditional look for a mage is that they wear dresses but I'd like to see a mage outfitted in a bit of minor armour every once in a while. Say what you want about Dragon Age 2 but the final mage gear was fucking cool. Stuff some of that sort of equipment in Skyrim and I'd be all over a mage class.

Sblargh

Banned

0488.rainbow_5F00_dash.png

Aggrotek

Only 3 cheevs left :D

Get Married
Reach Level 50
Collect 15 Daedric Artifacts

I'm at level 47 so really the only one that will take a bit of effort is the 15 artifacts.

edgefusion

Only 3 cheevs left :D

Get Married
Reach Level 50
Collect 15 Daedric Artifacts

I'm at level 47 so really the only one that will take a bit of effort is the 15 artifacts.

How many artefacts do you have? They're some of the most interesting quests in the game, it feels like Bethesda let their hair down with them.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
I'm so close to getting my Mage character to a point where I'm completely content. I just need to up my magic resistance and unlock some illusion perks. Hopefully this dlc will give me something to do to keep from grinding.

I'm calling Solstheim.

With the leaks about the Snow Prince, Morrowind's landmass already being in the game, and it being the 10th anniversary of TES III, I just find it really likely.

If it is a new location, I would hope there's new music to accompany it. Shivering Isles was great, but it felt weird to me that it was all the same music, the place needed something stranger.

Not a deal-breaker, but I'm hoping.

Sblargh

Banned
This reminds me I have to try Morrowind again. I have it installed and had a good game going, but then the Dark Brotherhood startet hunting me every time I tried to sleep and I somehow got stuck in their cave without the means to heal myself or defeat the enemies, so I gave up. :(
So yeah, this is my story, Morrowind beat me.

Edit:
I just noticed a huge argument pro-Empire. The logo of the game is the logo of the Empire.
Checkmate Ulfric.

edgefusion

I just had a rather odd fast travel mishap! I was walking around Riverwood when I bumped into Sigrid who was moping because her husband Alvor had died the day before in a dragon attack. Anyway I was sick of her constant moaning so decided to fast travel out of there, to the middle of nowhere on the other side of the map. So I'm walking down a rocky road when I hear "Boohoo Alvor, waawaa", I turn around and Sigrid is right there! Miles away from Riverwood. She somehow got scooped up in the fast travel along with me and my follower/unrequited love/unreciprocating love, Erik the Slayer.

God knows how she's going to get all the way back to Riverwood by herself. It looks like poor Dorthe will be an orphan before long.

Volimar

God dammit Bethesda, quit fucking around. You're acting like you're releasing a whole new game with all the secrecy and vague info...

Top Bottom