• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Perkel

Banned
Ok GAF, i'm converted.

But first you need to see why i'm converted. It's a bit long but stay with me.

I've been bashing Skyrim for a long time and hated Oblivion preaty much for same reason. Dialogs are crap, story is crap (teh draguns), malee combat is stupid, game is unbalanced and level scaling don't work well (hate general idea of scaling enemies) and loot scaling is most hated thing ever, completly killing any sence of doing any Caves and Forts.

As i played Morrowind for many many hours and i loved idea o free exploration world. But the most important thing about morrowind was that it taught you how to behave in Morrowind world and gave you sence of exploration. Not in sence of "look here is the quest marker" but actual real exploration. You must look all around you for caves and places. If you found underwater cave you need waterbreathing pontion because most of cave was in water not tiny bit like Oblivion or Skyrim. When you met ghost you would need magical weapon to even kill it.

Same with quests. They gave you line in Journal where you need to go and how to get there but actual quest was completly in your hands. There was no "Quest Mark" to hold your hand. Objective on minimap was not poiting directly to it. And minimap wasn't complete map. Things would appear on map only if you discover something. If you had to find somebody you actually would need to serch for him in city and learn where he stays or lives. Because you had to find him you explored city bantered with random people and probably done other things beside it.

And my favorite thing about it was that it didn't have any fast travel. If you forgot about something from city you need to actualy go there on foot good 10 minutes. And this probably would be "bad" for most people and it wasn't "nice" thing for me. But Morrowind as i said taught Player. If you want to go for Quest you need to prepare for it. You must think what you need for quest and scrap all needless stuff to have place for other new things. focus on stuff you really need. And it was the same if you discovered new loot. You chearypicked only good stuff because you knowed that taking all stuff from "cave" was imposibble because you need to walk to nearest shop like 10 minutes. So both ways would be 20 and 3 turns would be 60 minutes just for few coins. So if you wanted to be rich you would need to focus only on good stuff.
It also gave you even more sence of exploration and gave you feeling how big world actually is. You knowed that going from one city to another was mayor task so you changed place only if you really needed to. Between your on foot journeys to diffrent places you found new things. You found new mini towns, shops, some houses. And probably you would meanwhile do some quest for someone.

Morrowind celebrated what Elder Scrolls was all about. Free open world for you to explore it.

Now when Oblivion hit first i was amazed because how world was amazing (tech speaking) and how big game was. 1000 of NPCs and many other things gave it grand scale.

But then i discovered that i didn't actualy need to go there on foot i can fast travel.
I stopped searching my surroundings because compas gave me marks on any cave, mine or anything.
I stopped to learn what i have to do and i started only to fallow quest mark.
I stopped preparing between my journeys because i didn't need to. I could go from quest place to shop in 1 minute and go back in another 1 minute.
I started to loot anything from the same reason as stated above.
I sterted to see thieves using high end loot to steal 100 coins from me.
My sence of progress wasn't progressing because Mob level scaled for me.
I stopped exploring world because i focused on doing one after another quests by "quest mark help"
I actually started to do only main quest to see game ending.
After i saw this "stupid" ending i started to hate it.
Game after ending felt like work not fun meanwhile Morrowind gave you sence of exitment from exploration. Like "OMG there is this Vampire he one shot me anytime i need to run ! or go back here when i will be stronger."

So now to Skyrim. After Oblivion fiasco I was biased. And since i started game i go through exactly the same thing as Oblivion only to hate Skyrim because it didn't improve things but in some parts it made it even worse (especialy with "improved" Quest markers) and fallowers who would be your mules for even more lootwhoring. It improved in some places mainly storytelling and dialogs. But still it is/was not good. I didn't even reached ending i quickly burned after pilgrimage to high Hrothgar. (Of courze i've done a lot of sidequests before it) after 30h i said. WTF i'm doing. IT's like work.

I rage uninstall game and forgot it.

Then one time i installed Morrowind to play for few hours (nostalgia time) and that was reason of 1st part of this post. So i gathered what was the best in Morrowind and i thought how it would be awasome to tailor Skyrim to Morrowind game mechanics.

As i was already modding Oblivion in past Skyrim wasn't problem for me. So I searched for only things i needed to replicate best of Morrowind gamemechanics.

So "No fast travel", "No Quest Marks", "Better Quest Details", "Better Horses*"
* - Horses can fallow you when you are on foot, they have small lore friendly backpack

Those 4 mods changed completly game and gamemechanics in Skyrim. Since i only had 30h of experience i haven't seen much of skyrim world. So I have not memorized most of places.
I choose expert as i felt game was rather easy in some parts ealrier. And i started archer/thief build with touch of alchemy and illusion. Because i wanted to srap malee fights since those were poorly done.

And here is my actual progress:

After doing starting quests (after killing first dragon outside of whiterun) i decided to help with family sword from Whiterun dude. nothing really changed from normal playthrought by that point.
After i got back i decided to fallow main quest. So i have gone to High Hrothgar.
And from here diffrent thing changed. Normally i would go to Riften and from there directly to Ivarsteed. But because i didn't use fast travel and bought a horse i gone there directly from north side of mountain. Also as i bought horse you would think probably: "he is cheating".
Well you will be suprized. I decided to go for hardcore roleplaying, i started to "role play" what would i do if i would be this dude. Would i be using warp speed of my horse ? Why ? I don't really need to be done fast so i started to using my horse walking mode ALL TIME.

So my journey to Ivarsteed was about 1,5h long. Not because i only walked but because i was doing what i was doing in Morrowind i was looking all aroud for caves, buildings, Animals.
Thanks to "no fast travel" i gathered from bandit camp only 2 neckles and one bow and leave dead enemies with their armor on and few of them alive since i didn't need their armor to sell.

When i encountered bear i used my horse warp speed mode and run. Thanks to this slow pace i gathered few noticable things for my potions. I encountered fight between Giant and dragon. After Giant killed dragon i absorbed soul and took bones.

I noiced some cave as i was crusing on my horse i searched it to discover some necromany dudes who were keeping forest monster. I freed him and he killed all of them. I found in that cave staff of paralysis. (not in chest) that will definetly help me sometime in future.

Somebody tried to kill me from Dark brotherhood. In meantime when Staff of Paralysis worked i run fast on my horse to bridge.

After few minutes i encountered farm with girl who needed some berries. Because i didn't use any fast travel i took time on that farm and heard a lot of worthwile dialog between farm people. Helped with some food gathering in garden and chopped some wood. Found 2 gems near farm. Helped defend farm people from bear attack with riften guard. Staff of paralysis and new bow with enchanting worked well.

After i gone from this farm i took me 15 minutes to reach Ivarsteed inbetween i had one more fight with pack of wolfes.

No quest markers no fast traveling gave me 1,5h of fun game where i focused on exploration of surroundings, and as i cleared 3 places i earned some gold, took 4 worthwhile items. And still i didn't have to sell anything or i could sell since Ivarsteed didn't have shop and i had toon of place in my backpack. I don't like shiny armor so i mainly walk in normal clothes only with bow on my back.

10-20 hours later i have house in Riften wich is actually usefull this time. I have a blast playing it.
Since i don't fast travel anymore i can find places like this not because they are marken on compas but because o saw it from far and i thought "it would be fun to look there, maybe there will be something interesting there":

6938651006_af2915ecb3_b.jpg

If Betsheda will again release TES6 i will use mods like those from day 1 or 2 .

Bethesda just posted this on their Facebook page and said "Tomorrow" with it:

The guy looks Nord-ish, possibly a Skyrim DLC expansion announcement? Some people in the comments section have said the guy on the right is probably a Thalmar because he has a collar and (I guess?) pointy ears.

Oh, gosh I really hope they announce the expansion. I don't really care about details right now; I just want to know a release window.

Perkel

Banned
You didn't need mods for that: just don't use fast travel. I've been walking/exploring since day 1.

Problem is with will to not use it. Also a lot of quests are created with fast travel in mind. So switching it off don't give you any funny ideas to loose your resolve.

Also quests markers and any markers on compass aren't something you can swith of in vanilla. Also Better quest description give you hints about quests when you have switched off compass.

Grymm

Banned
You didn't need mods for that: just don't use fast travel. I've been walking/exploring since day 1.

Speaking of which...

I'm no really the type to use fast travel. I kinda hate it. So far the only times I've used it is to haul mass amounts of loot out out dungeons and back to my house for storage making repeat trips.

Are there any tips and tricks from the Skyrim pros to efficiently and quickly haul mass amounts of loot?

Perkel

Banned
Speaking of which...

I'm no really the type to use fast travel. I kinda hate it. So far the only times I've used it is to haul mass amounts of loot out out dungeons and back to my house for storage making repeat trips.

Are there any tips and tricks from the Skyrim pros to efficiently and quickly haul mass amounts of loot?

Only take best stuff. drop what isn't needed. If you have dvarven things scrap it it's not worth much (especialy if you don't use fast travel). Go to quest prepared and only with things you need.

GhaleonEB

Problem is with will to not use it. Also a lot of quests are created with fast travel in mind. So switching it off don't give you any funny ideas to loose your resolve.

Across three characters and over 300 hours of play time, I never used fast travel; just wagons, horseback and on foot. I didn't want to use it, so it wasn't tempting.

It's true about the way the Radiant quest system scatters quests making it more time consuming to follow a quest line or set of quests. I found many ways to manage this without issue, though. All my characters were alchemists and smiths, who gathered resources a I trekked to each location. And I took to clustering quests by region, so I'd travel to a part of the world and work the active quests I had there. It worked well and I was never tempted to fast travel.

Perkel

Banned
Across three characters and over 300 hours of play time, I never used fast travel; just wagons, horseback and on foot. I didn't want to use it, so it wasn't tempting.

It's true about the way the Radiant quest system scatters quests making it more time consuming to follow a quest line or set of quests. I found many ways to manage this without issue, though. All my characters were alchemists and smiths, who gathered resources a I trekked to each location. And I took to clustering quests by region, so I'd travel to a part of the world and work the active quests I had there. It worked well and I was never tempted to fast travel.

I was talking about main qestlines not radiant ones.

BTW armort is the crappiest skill ever. Whole idea of crafting in skyrim (weapons armors) is super shallow.

I love to make those ignots but you can use it only for some crappy standard armor or crappy standard sword.

It would be awasome if they add recipes for some awasome armors.

Also i think i will look for some mod that changes value of gold ignots and gems. I mean in medieval times. Gems and Gold were used as currency. Also it was cammon in medieval times for people (richer people) to change all your money and all your propety to few gems in time of war to run with it quicker. Also Giving Gold a weight would also improve experience.

edit: oh i found one :

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=650

GhaleonEB

I was talking about main qestlines not radiant ones.
Okay. It still wasn't an issue....

BTW armort is the crappiest skill ever. Whole idea of crafting in skyrim (weapons armors) is super shallow.

I love to make those ignots but you can use it only for some crappy standard armor or crappy standard sword.

It would be awasome if they add recipes for some awasome armors.
It could certainly be improved upon, but I really enjoy the system. I gathered materials (furs, ore, etc.) on my travels between locations, and the smithed and enchanted what I could with the results. That nudged my skills up a bit, and every few trips out I could improve my armor and weapons further.

I do wish it had more depth, and in particular that there were 'recipes' for unique weapons and armor. But I had a lot of fun with it and made the crafting systems a core part of my characters.

The only time I ever use fast travel is when my horse randomly floats up and gets stuck in a tree, or I get stuck somewhere. I LOVE the experience of journeying across the landscape by foot/horse, it's what all good fantasy adventures are made of.

I used Fast Travelling on every character except my newest one. I kinda wish I did this with my first character. I'm noticing things I have never noticed before, and it's pretty awesome. Playing with headphones on and no music also makes the experience of traversing Skyrim even more awesome (I still love the music though).

Volimar

Bethesda just posted this on their Facebook page and said "Tomorrow" with it:

The guy looks Nord-ish, possibly a Skyrim DLC expansion announcement? Some people in the comments section have said the guy on the right is probably a Thalmar because he has a collar and (I guess?) pointy ears.

God dammit. It's from Dishonored, not Skyrim. Poo balls.... Here's the corresponding trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=E1HlYTukh9A#!

Boss Man

Yeah, super disappointing.

Also, there is a severe lack of armor/weapon models in this game. How the hell isn't there Sabre Cat / Mammoth / Wolf / Bear stuff to make from these pelts? The lore says Nords wear these types of things but they aren't here.

My RP Nord is stuck in Leather Armor until I get smithing to 100 :(

Derrick01

Banned
Just ran into a quest that is a perfect example of why I'm so disappointed with this game and Bethesda in general. It was a side quest (actual side quest not one of the billion miscellaneous quests) in Windhelm and I'll spoiler tag the details just in case.

The murder quest in Windhelm. After going through the early parts and getting to the point where you have to talk to that weird shop keeper and that paranoid lady I managed to open the shop guy's chest after pickpocketing his key. Inside I found the journal where it lays out clearly that the guy is the killer, his name is signed after the journal entry. Yet I couldn't talk to him about it, I couldn't turn him into the guards or that guy in Ulfric's court....couldn't do anything until I progressed through the clues part of the quest and talking to the court's wizard first where he tells me how to find the area the killer will strike next. I had to actually go there and find the guy who managed to kill his next victim before I was able to find him. So I had to do all that extra work and have another innocent die when I already knew who the killer was 30 minutes earlier.

It's really shitty writing and quest work. I don't want to come off as trolling or whatever but if this was Obsidian they would have planned every single possible way you could do that quest and every possibility of ending it earlier than intended. So frustrating.

after maxing out enchanting on my previous mage game got kinda (always was?) boring, so I started a new character for a laugh. Khajit, unarmed.. woah suplex, awesome!

Then I realised there was no more unarmed skill... :/ Does the heavy armour gauntlets ability stack with khajit unarmed damage boost?

Boss Man

I can't decide which side to pick in the Civil War.

If it was me, I would side with the Imperials. My Nord Dragonborn, however...not sure what to do here. It makes sense for him to do either, but I almost feel like I need more information about how things will pan out in DLC or whatnot.

bill0527

Very lttp. Have had this game since release day on my PC, but just now got to it cuz of the backlog.

Put 35 hours into it in the last 8 days which is serious gaming for me.

Just wanted to comment about one weird thing happening to me the last couple of days.

My redborn warrior is an alchemist so I pick every herb and every odd thing I find.

Now when I'm out driving the road I'm starting to notice flowers. I never look at flowers or landscaping. There's a stop sign at the end of the street and yesterday when I got to it, I looked over to the house on the corner and I was like, 'oh theres Tundra Cotton, oh I see some Lavendar on the side of that house,...it's so weird. I may have to quit this game for a while if I start feeling the urge to jump out of the car and start picking stuff.

GhaleonEB

Very lttp. Have had this game since release day on my PC, but just now got to it cuz of the backlog.

Put 35 hours into it in the last 8 days which is serious gaming for me.

Just wanted to comment about one weird thing happening to me the last couple of days.

My redborn warrior is an alchemist so I pick every herb and every odd thing I find.

Now when I'm out driving the road I'm starting to notice flowers. I never look at flowers or landscaping. There's a stop sign at the end of the street and yesterday when I got to it, I looked over to the house on the corner and I was like, 'oh theres Tundra Cotton, oh I see some Lavendar on the side of that house,...it's so weird. I may have to quit this game for a while if I start feeling the urge to jump out of the car and start picking stuff.

Crackdown did that to me, except for climbing buildings. "I could get up there if I was level 3 Agility..."

I spent two months scanning rooftops for agility orbs.

I'm starting to finish up my latest character, an Argonian mage. Breathing underwater is fucking awesome, haha. I maxed out Alteration, Destruction, Conjuration, which by the way is fucking amazing. So glad I went the conjurer's path because now I barely have to fight at all. I just summon two Dremora Lords to behead anything that comes near me. Their battle cries crack me up every time they appear lol.

I've maxed out Enchanting as well, and I'm working on Alchemy now. Might do Archery next, I don't know.

Inkwell

Banned
I'm going to start playing this soon. I'd like to play a character with a heavy reliance on magic. I would love to play as a pure mage, but my past Elder Scrolls experiences with magic has been pretty poor. I used a guide for oblivion and made a "paladin" character that used magic for defense and healing, but he was still a melee based character.

Is it worth being a pure mage in this? I would go with something similar to a spellsword, but I'm worried that not being a master at something will have terrible consequences. For those of you who use plenty of magic, are there any general tips?

I'm hoping this is the time I go with a mage. I always debate this, but then go with a melee character. That gets too boring after a while though.

OG Kush

I'm going to start playing this soon. I'd like to play a character with a heavy reliance on magic. I would love to play as a pure mage, but my past Elder Scrolls experiences with magic has been pretty poor. I used a guide for oblivion and made a "paladin" character that used magic for defense and healing, but he was still a melee based character.

Is it worth being a pure mage in this? I would go with something similar to a spellsword, but I'm worried that not being a master at something will have terrible consequences. For those of you who use plenty of magic, are there any general tips?

I'm hoping this is the time I go with a mage. I always debate this, but then go with a melee character. That gets too boring after a while though.

Pure Mage is great in skyrim from what I've read in this thread.

GhaleonEB

Finished the main story
Wish I didn't bother
Completely forgettable experience.

My haiku for the day I guess.

I enjoyed some of the quests, twists and locations (Blackreach, the final location, meeting
Parthurnax
) a great deal, but the actual story was very weak. There was just no sense of danger or urgency. It was basically, there's this bad dragon out there. Go get X to kill him. So you go get X and kill him. Ta-da!

Derrick01

Banned
I wasn't even really struck by any of the locations either though. Like Blackreach was just another really long dungeon, it didn't feel any different from the other size-able dungeons. Like in Oblivion when I went into that dungeon for the final Thieve's guild quest you could tell just from looking that it was different and it felt more substantial.

Most of the unique locations in this game just served as a neat aesthetic difference but the gameplay was no different. I fought (final mission spoiler)
Alduin like every other dragon in the game, in fact it was easier due to having those 3 people plus the gatekeeper helping me
. Almost every quest in this game is done in the same 2 or 3 ways and it bugs the hell out of me. They really traded quality for quantity here.

So I'm coming back to the game (on PS3) after a few months away due to school. I downloaded the most recent update and now there are some extra kill animations, but the game now freezes my PS3 whenever I go into water. Is this a known issue?

Audioboxer

So I'm coming back to the game (on PS3) after a few months away due to school. I downloaded the most recent update and now there are some extra kill animations, but the game now freezes my PS3 whenever I go into water. Is this a known issue?

You have to delete your game install data, the patch, and then let the game reinstall and redownload the patch.

Raptomex

When I first got the game I thought it was pretty cool to fight dragons now I just find them annoying. I'm trying to get somewhere and oh, there's a dragon. I have plenty of dragon souls absorbed so it's not like I'm in desperate need. I've been noticing more dragons appear in the PC version. At least it seems that way.

Unicorn

When I first got the game I thought it was pretty cool to fight dragons now I just find them annoying. I'm trying to get somewhere and oh, there's a dragon. I have plenty of dragon souls absorbed so it's not like I'm in desperate need. I've been noticing more dragons appear in the PC version. At least it seems that way.

Perhaps due to difficulty?

I know for my rogue character I never did the first dragon fight quest so that save file has no dragons (of course I'm going without shouts as well). It was nice to take a break, as now I'm playing through with a warrior and fighting them feels kind of refreshing.

Raptomex

Perhaps due to difficulty?

I know for my rogue character I never did the first dragon fight quest so that save file has no dragons (of course I'm going without shouts as well). It was nice to take a break, as now I'm playing through with a warrior and fighting them feels kind of refreshing.
I wouldn't say difficulty. I'm just saying I find them a little too frequent.

Unicorn

well, I was implying that difficulty has a correlation to their spawn rate. Perhaps on harder difficulties they are more likely to spawn? If you're playing on PC, I would assume there is (or will be) a mod to reduce Dragon encounters.

Which brings me to a sort of realization. I would much prefer less dragon encounters if they were more difficult. I recently put a mod in that removes enemies and points of interest from my compass on the HUD. Game is a lot more mysterious now. and hearing a dragon and not knowing where it is, only to see its enormous shadow zip by between the shade of the trees has given me such a thrill that vanilla encounters lacked.

GhaleonEB

I have heard they spawn more frequently when you fast travel. I ran into relatively few during my games and often had days-long sessions without running into random ones, because I never fast traveled.

If you're not fast traveling, then I'm stumped.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
well, I was implying that difficulty has a correlation to their spawn rate. Perhaps on harder difficulties they are more likely to spawn? If you're playing on PC, I would assume there is (or will be) a mod to reduce Dragon encounters.

Which brings me to a sort of realization. I would much prefer less dragon encounters if they were more difficult. I recently put a mod in that removes enemies and points of interest from my compass on the HUD. Game is a lot more mysterious now. and hearing a dragon and not knowing where it is, only to see its enormous shadow zip by between the shade of the trees has given me such a thrill that vanilla encounters lacked.

I'm still on my first playthrough with a straight mage character (no armor or weapons, just spells), level 38 and over 100 hours in, and I love the dragon fights. Everytime I hear one yell out and the music kicks in I know I'm in for a good battle. But then, I haven't abused enchanting or alchemy to make the game ridiculously easy either. I've had to pump up magicka just to be able to even cast higher level spells, so my stamina and health are what most would consider very low. I chug potions of magicka restore every big battle just to keep healing myself, and recast ebonyarmor every two minutes, and to keep my frost atronach up, and not to mention so I can keep slinging all of my fire spells. I've actually died to a few dragons and had to reload afterward. Hell, I've died to all sorts of creatures in this game. And I'm loving it.

Straight mages are so much fun in Skyrim, but I'm sure I'd find it boring if I abused enchanting and alchemy to make the game super easy. My next playthrough is going to be with a ranger type character, sword and board and bows and almost no magic at all, and again I won't abuse the crafting skills to make myself an indestructable God. I don't want the game easy. I want it challenging!

Boss Man

What's Bethesda's history with adding weapons/armor to TES games? I played Oblivion but I forget. Pretty much going to have to wait until those big DLC expansions or what? I feel like there's a sore lack of gear in this game, so much so that I wonder if some things just got left out and may wiggle their way into some update or something. I assume this has never, and will never happen though? It would make dragons a little more exciting if I could make weapons with those scales and bones.

On a side note, my Dragonborn - Lydia posse is looking rather badass at the moment:

100_0293.jpg

Volimar

What's Bethesda's history with adding weapons/armor to TES games? I played Oblivion but I forget. Pretty much going to have to wait until those big DLC expansions or what? I feel like there's a sore lack of gear in this game, so much so that I wonder if some things just got left out and may wiggle their way into some update or something. I assume this has never, and will never happen though? It would make dragons a little more exciting if I could make weapons with those scales and bones.

On a side note, my Dragonborn - Lydia posse is looking rather badass at the moment:

100_0293.jpg

Well, the knights of the nine equipment was nice, but not really different.

The Shivering Isles stands out more because of the Amber and Madness Ore equipment.

Banned

the water is really, REALLY cold

Raptomex

I think it's pretty cool when dragon's attack towns. Although, there should be some patch for the dead bodies. I fought a dragon in Riverwood, he killed a few guys in town, and eventually we all killed it, and everytime I visit the town now that dead dude is still there. And this was weeks ago in real time.

Also, when I killed
Ulfric Stormcloak and the other guy that was with him
, when I played my 360 version
Ulfric is just lying on the ground naked whenever I visit Windhelm
now. On my PC version
the other guy is still there
. I find it a little comical, though. It would be cool if bodies decomposed over time.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
I remember when one of my followers died during final Mage quest. His body stayed in the hall for months (in real time). Being a Mage myself, I eventually re animated him and had him follow me until a random encounter killed him off again.

It was just weird walking into that room and seeing his dead body just lying there while everyone went nonchalantly about their business.

Sblargh

Banned
Got the platinum trophy. Some thoughts:

- I still want to play this game, but I want a build that kind of let me do everything.

- Tried 3 characters: Heavy Armor - One Handed - Shield / Stealth - Destruction / Necromancer - Bound Weapons - Alteration.

- The first one is baby easy mode, heavy armor with the perks make you indestructible to almost anything, you have to absolutely not be paying atention to the game during hard fights to actually be hurt, much less killed.

- The second one was fun and alright, but after a while the level scale makes stealth kills not the one-shot from a bow that I feel it should be. So you have to hit the guy once, kind of wait him to stop running around, hit him twice and so forth. Enemies that take 4 or 5 arrows to go down are strictly boring. At lvl 50 when almost all Dragurs are deathlords, it is a pain.

- The third I think I did it wrong. If you go for Alteration armor, I feel you need to go destruction spells. Anyway, I ragequite this build at around lvl 20 because a boss was unkillabe. It was a skeleton dragon who would not give the rest normal dragons do by flying around. Stoneflesh could not keep damage away, I was spending all my mana healing so I couldn't bind a weapon and even when I did by using a lot of potions, he would just deal too much damage. So I quit this build, I may have done something wrong.

So, for my new build, which I intend to be final and kind of completist since I'm not worring about trophies anymore and I hope I don't make mistakes with the perks, I'll try to be *everything*.

The plan is to be a necromancer, because it is awesome, use heavy armor and shield, so I can have the complete dragon set by the end of the game, bind the one handed weapon.
I'll try to pickpocket, lockpicking and speech are kind of is automatic, and maybe use a dagger and stealth (failing that, I bind the one handed weapon and just fight).

I feel it will either be glorious or fail spetacular. So it will be:

Conjuration - Heavy Armor - Stealth - Block - One Handed - Pickpocket.

And there is my Thievering Battlemage.

Edit: Actually, light armor makes more sense. I hope I don't miss being immortal.

Boss Man

Question about Storm Call and the Call Dragon shout:

Do these kill everyone, regardless of whether or not they're considered enemies? I'm pretty sure Storm Call kills followers, but I don't know about Call Dragon.

If neither can be used while you have a follower, that's a damn shame.

Loxley

Question about Storm Call and the Call Dragon shout:

Do these kill everyone, regardless of whether or not they're considered enemies? I'm pretty sure Storm Call kills followers, but I don't know about Call Dragon.

If neither can be used while you have a follower, that's a damn shame.

I used it in Whiterun once, it proceeded to murder everyone.

I think it only attacks people who are attacking you by default, but the problem was that some of the guards took my using of the shout as an act of aggression, so they started attacking me, and then once I started fending them off, they villiagers and guards got zapped one-by-one. Was actually pretty funny to watch.

Top Bottom