• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Movie Announced

LiK

bGKlI.png

https://twitter.com/markmacd/status/241045849034092545

tumblr_m9k354qNCo1rpkctxo1_500.jpg

A1lYe6NCYAEgB-l.jpg

Dreams do come true. Casting call!

He finally did it. One long cutscene.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Shiiiiiiit

I'm in.

Gomu Gomu

As people said in the other thread, until we hear who's directing and writing this thing, there's no way we can call how good/bad it'll be.

Teknoman

I just came from OT, escaping a "Parasites" thread, and now I see this?

Is there even a slight chance that this might be good/use music from the actual game?

Radec

Solid Snake - Hugh Jackman
Liquid Snake - Christian Bale
Col. Campbell - Michael Caine
Otacon - Cylian Myrphy
Meryl - Marion Cotillard
Ocelot - Bill Nighy

Directed by Christopher Nolan

Summer 2014

With this, they can finally remove all those inconvenient short gaming bits that kept loitering between the cut scenes.

Game movies rarely ever, ever turn out to be anything other than inadequate. Optimism is misplaced.

iNvid02

will reserve judgement until a director comes forward

also, did anybody feel an insane amount of shaking, it just happened a few hours ago. crazy stuff

Yes yes, count me in. But which game will they adapt? Will they even adapt one of the games or go with a origin story? Personally I'd rather they start with the first Metal Gear and go from there. That would eliminated actors that people have wanted to see play Solid Snake though like Jackman or Bale.

MGS3 is the best game and story in the series, the Boss/Big Boss story is decent and self-contained enough to possibly be covered in a 90 minute movie. With a few re-writes, the characters of Snake and Boss could be expanded on further, giving the actors something to get their teeth into.

It would be a better start to a film franchise than fighting a series of successive bosses and your own evil twin brother, or fighting a fatman on roller skates on an oil rig. No disrespect to MGS1 or 2 there, I like them too, but MGS3 is grounded enough to have the best chance in surviving a transition into a decent movie.

Perkel

Banned
So this was that bomb ?

Sorry but i can't see metal gear work in movie industry as good film it will be probably B movie like all residents.

aniversary thread is locked. Are there more anouncments beside movie ?

Next week’s Metal Gear 25th anniversary event at Tokyo Midtown will be full of “a lot of exciting announcements,” according to Kojima Productions Report podcaster Ken Mendoza, speaking on the latest recording of the podcast.

And these will be big. At least, according to Chris Johns, who works alongside Mendoza.

“A lot of things to look forward to next week,” said Johns, “not just for fans, but I think the industry’s gonna be shook by what we’re going to be able to present here.”
Finn_Confused.gif

There better be more.

Top Bottom