• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tribes Ascend to be playable at Quakecon 2011 (Update: show floor footage at post #3)

Malfunky

Here are some impressions from a Reddit user.

Some worries about the game, as well. Most notably:
The Bad
  • Skiing feels awful. Like Vengeance but worse.
  • Seem to gain very little speed for skiing down slopes
  • It is T:V-esque in theory - sliding instead of jumping. Same inherent issues. You have to hit slopes at very specific angles, unlike T1 where you could bounce of little features in the terrain and drastically change your momentum.
  • When you finally do get momentum in a direction, it seems near impossible to change your course (much like Vengeance)

I think it's imperative that they nail the right skiing model and the physics to go with it. It should be more akin to the first two real Tribes games, where you have the freedom of actually using the terrain for momentum and direction rather than being locked onto it. A more manual approach, rather than the automatic cop-out that T:V's felt like.

Meeru

Banned
I'm really amazed how everyone is linking my videos o_o I guess this is how popularity feels like? lol

Does the exhibition open tomorrow as well? I wanna play tomorrow too lol

Juice

I was a diehard Tribes fan back in the early 00's and hadn't previously heard of this. LOVE IT.

Looks fantastic.

Top Bottom