• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved this episode. Getting to see more of 17 was great. I love his dynamics with Goku. Awesome humor. The King Kai scene was hilarious. Jaco appearances are always great. We got total classic Goku at the end of the episode (the part where he explained he hasn't seen himself as a savior, he just likes fighting). The tropical rendition of the current OP song at the end of the episode was soothing.

Badass Piccolo too!

jOtIgfk.png

You have been visited by the badass upside down Piccolo, send this to 10 of your friends and you too can become a god level pickle. If you don't you will become the next Yamcha.

What is going on with Gohan's bang, man
God I'm so confused

I feel like it became the most pronounced it ever was when he completed the mystic power up. By that extension, I think his bang should only be out if/when he has his mystic powers going. So we have a visual signal he is kicking into his mystic gear

Edit:

Bang = Ultimate form
No bang = Base form.

Yes! This is what I'm saying

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I kind of wish Goku just left that poacher on King Kai's planet and just had him be one of the new people who lived up there.

FFS I hope Gohan goes SSJ2 before reaching the pinnacle of Piccolo's special training. It would be awesome to see Gohan's current power level at SSJ 2 become combined with the potential power level of his mystic form.

By combined, I mean the power level potential of both coalescing into one new height of power for him. It would be a way to give him a not completely bullshit huge power boost if both forms were separate wells of power with a bit of proper writing and a bit of retcon.

Edit: And if it does turn out that Piccolo is having no problem with Gohan, who has been training, is having no problem with Gohan in SSJ form, that means Piccolo himself has quite a substantial boost in power as well. I would think that at this point, Gohan's SSJ1 level of power surpasses the level of power he had as SSJ during the cell saga by a comfortable margin. I say this, because it seems power boosts are far larger than they ever were in DBZ besides a few outliers like Goku's jump from 416 to 8,000 (1920% increase via training) during the Saiyan Saga...and his 90,000 base pl to 3 million (3300% increase...good lord) after a single zenkai boost after Vegeta whooped the shit out of Ginyu controlled Goku.

I could be wrong though, but I don't remember there being any other massive power gains multiplier wise like Goku's 19.2x boost and 33.3x boost respectively. I'm not counting transformation boosts like ssj1 (x50 to base) ssj2 (x100 to base), ssj3 (x400 to base) and ssj4 (I've seen anywhere from x500 to base all the way to x4000 to base. I give up on this one.)

I can't believe I didn't get it earlier. Piccolo is doing the multiform technique to test Gohan fighting multiple people in the tournament. Fucking brilliant.

He also looks Mystic there.

Ashodin

guys is the bang back

Also it's clear this is the structure of the training next episode:

Round 1: Gohan base vs. Piccolo

Round 2: SS2 Gohan vs. Piccolo (no training clothes)

Round 3: During said training, Gohan regains Ultimate and Piccolo decides to multibox to train him after that happens

Skeeter49

I had always liked the idea of Gohan repressing SSJ and SSJ2 after getting Ultimate, and having to relearn it to stack it on Ultimate, but Super fucked that.

Apparently Gohan and/or Picollo might have huge jumps in power because of this training. They should have been training like this the whole time, but this one day they have is probably going to be extra significant for some reason. They really should have given more time before the tournament starts.

Guys. Hype as hell for next week oh yes oh yes

But before we get there I just gotta put some focus back on this week...

USING THE SUPER DRAGON BALLS FOR A BOAT?!

Apparently Gohan and/or Picollo might have huge jumps in power because of this training. They should have been training like this the whole time, but this one day they have is probably going to be extra significant for some reason. They really should have given more time before the tournament starts.

Ultimate Gohan has scratches on his face... Holy F.

Mediking

Any chance of my boy Yamcha kicking butt? Maybe getting Unlocked Potential...?

Unlocked Potential is something I remember from playing a Budokai game as a kid....

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Any chance of my boy Yamcha kicking butt? Maybe getting Unlocked Potential...?

Unlocked Potential is something I remember from playing a Budokai game as a kid....

There's a spin-off manga staring Yamcha in an alternate universe where he's competent and he seems like he's gonna go to Guru to unlock his potential. So, not really but kinda?

HeroR

Episode was a bit corny and was absolutely unnecessary.

That being said, it had some nice character moments, so i'm waiting for the subs to make sure I get them all !

Next week episode is long overdue.

I just don't like
how they mention his OLD power..... I thought he already was around that level ?

I think by now people would learned not to take the NEP summery too seriously. Remember when everyone thought the Krillin's episodes were ignored because the episode summery claimed Krillin was a retired martial artist.

HeroR

Gohan kicked the shit out of Super Buu, who Goku said he couldn't fight

Goku didn't want to fight him and Goku also claimed to be weaker than Fat Buu and only even with Majin Vegeta. Nothing that Goku says in the Buu Saga should be taken as fact.

Mory Dunz

what did Mike Breen say when Curry hit the game winner:

Bang

Goku didn't want to fight him and Goku also claimed to be weaker than Fat Buu and only even with Majin Vegeta. Nothing that Goku says in the Buu Saga should be taken as fact.

are you arguing goku was stronger than Gohan in the Buu saga....?

Skeeter49

The only thing that argues Goku being stronger than Gohan is filler. SSJ3 Goku being on par with Buutenks/ getting a few hits in/ dodging a lot of Buutenks hits.

If you think about it, now with the 1 hour time limit on earring fusion, Buuhan would have won if he didn't try to absorb them. Assuming Vegito was bluffing, and Buuhan could have survived one more hit from them.

Mory Dunz

The only thing that argues Goku being stronger than Gohan is filler. SSJ3 Goku being on par with Buutenks/ getting a few hits in/ dodging a lot of Buutenks hits.

yeah, but even that doesn't really show it. Goku managed exactly one energy hit. Gohan had some hits during his fight. But he dealt with Buu's stronger attacks, including avoiding the kamehameha which seemed to surprise buu. But yeah, the fight was filler anyway, and Goku couldn't beat Super Buu in any case

Gotenks was stronger than Goku too >_>

Mister Wolf

17 seems like an asshole.
How the fuck are you not gonna care if your wife, children, sister, and niece get erased from existence. The complete opposite of Gohan.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
guys is the bang back

Also it's clear this is the structure of the training next episode:

Round 1: Gohan base vs. Piccolo

Round 2: SS2 Gohan vs. Piccolo (no training clothes)

Round 3: During said training, Gohan regains Ultimate and Piccolo decides to multibox to train him after that happens

Makes sense. No point in getting Gohan to that level if he can't handle getting swarmed as a result of being a big target like the other heavy hitters.

dickroach

I haven't watched super in a while, somehow lost my interest.

just hop back in when the Tournament of Power starts. you won't have missed anything.

Zamasu arc ends -> Goku and Zeno are like "yeah let's do this tournament" -> Zeno says you need 10 people and, oh yeah, the losers get erased.
great. get to it.
this long, dragging on "recruitment arc" should have been two episodes

Skeeter49

With the exception of today's, the recruitment episodes have been some of the best of DBS.
Since 78, I'd say there's been 1 bad episode, being today's.
84 and 86 are probably my 2 favorite episodes of Super.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
What is going on with Gohan's bang, man
God I'm so confused
He slicks it back and it falls down when he exerts himself.

17 seems like an asshole.
How the fuck are you not gonna care if your wife, children, sister, and niece get erased from existence. The complete opposite of Gohan.
Dude totally destroyed the world in an alternate timeline. The only real difference is that this time he had his power trip checked. If things went slightly differently...

18 isn't exactly a goody two shoes either, although her time with Krillin has softened her a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom