• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Yes. For Kiryu you might need to increase the initial property past a certain story moment, but otherwise if you look at your ma of the area you are trying to conquer you can walk around and in front of certain properties it will give you the X-Look contextual prompt. Which works similar to Majima's investments only you can assign advisors/invest in those properties. Remember to use the advisor who is best for that specialty.

Thanks, I've admittedly been winging it a bit too much and not actually paying much attention but I need that moola. Certainly got a lot left to do anyway, shall keep me busy for a while :) Love it.

MYeager

Thanks, I've admittedly been winging it a bit too much and not actually paying much attention but I need that moola. Certainly got a lot left to do anyway, shall keep me busy for a while :) Love it.

Man you get the first two zones and you can collect 100k Yen every 5 minutes. Helps with the upgrades a ton.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
wntePuV.jpg

srry for bad picture but this is the gamestop poster.

Some of them won't become available until you move the story along or complete certain other conditions, so if you're not finding any new ones that's probably why.

bleaker

Supposed to get six to eight inches tomorrow so I can't pick up a physical copy. Bet your ass that I preordered it digitally as soon as I found that out. Preloading now and the hype is absolute and complete. Its been too long since Yakuza 5 came out (only a year here, but good God I needed more Yakuza.)

i bought mine at BB and amazon

(i preordered it at amazon day one) and switched to BBY right after you suggested it on a post long time ago. i forgot what it was about but something about supporting it @ B&M stores bc Y0 was getting hard copies at retailers.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
(i preordered it at amazon day one) and switched to BBY right after you suggested it on a post long time ago. i forgot what it was about but something about supporting it @ B&M stores bc Y0 was getting hard copies at retailers.
i stand by that

but i forgot to cancel my amazon order cause I'm an idiot

Otheradam

Got my Best Buy order a day early! Got to play about 1.5 hours tonight. I beat 1 and 2, skipped 3 and played a few hours into 4 before losing interest. It's nice to visit the neighborhood after such a long break. It's been good so far, but I just started so I can't really give any impressions.

The only thing I can say is the save screen is kind of annoying. Every time you go to save, it saves your file, you have to prompt ok and then it saves a separate system file, that you also have to prompt ok. Also kind of annoying you can't save anywhere and still have to go to a telephone booth.

Dominator

Was on the fence but getting some PSN money today I became interested. Just watched the Giant Bomb QL and pre-ordered immediately. Shit looks dope as hell.

First Yakuza so I can't wait to try it out. Gonna play Kingdom Hearts and Resident Evil first (and finish Gravity Rush 2), but I'm not getting any games in February so I should have some time then to get into it.

Seiryoden

Feeling somewhat salty about the lack of a limited edition for us PAL plebs -_-. Game should be in my hands within 12 hours. Spent a few hours playing Y5 Koi Koi and Mahjong to knock the rust off. Very excited.

Jimrpg

Perfect OT in every way.

Now to wait for my physical copy to arrive.

Guess I'll join in the GIF fun in the mean time.

denshi.gif

ZeroX03

Banned
Forgot to mention, great OT.

You should definitely add in there won't be PS4 Pro support though.

Bought the game, won't be playing for a few months because I've got one long backlog to clear. I'm very patient with Yakuza titles, for obvious reasons.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Haven't played any of the Yakuza games but wanted to so bad. Just ordered this and I'm looking forward to great things. :)

DolomiteShadow

Neo Member
Is this series basically Shenmue? I love Shenmue, does Yakuza scratch the same itch of exploring all around Japanese towns? Am I an ass for having slept on these game for so long?

harutrix

Neo Member
This game is way understocked in most Australian stores.

I went to JB and EB and both said they only stocked enough to satisfy preorders and kept a few copies on the shelf.

I'm guessing there's less than 10k copies in Australia... lol.

I managed to reserve the final copy at my local store though. I can't wait to pick it up after work!!

Trace

Banned
Is this series basically Shenmue? I love Shenmue, does Yakuza scratch the same itch of exploring all around Japanese towns? Am I an ass for having slept on these game for so long?

It's closer to Shenmue than it is to GTA but it's not exactly a successor to Shenmue. It does its own thing.

Just throwing two things out there in case they haven't been shared while people wait for their copies.

1) The always excellent review of Yakuza 3 by actual Yakuza members:
M: I like the fact that you power up by eating real food. Shio ramen gives you a lot of power — CC Lemon, not as much. It all makes sense.
S: The breaded pork cutlet bento box is like mega power. More than ramen. That's accurate.
K: If they had shabu (crystal meth) as a power-up item, that would be realistic. It's a yakuza game.
S: You got your salaryman in there, the delinquent school girl and her sugar daddy, Chinese people, and even those Nigerian touts. What's with all the fucking gaijin (foreigners) in the area anyway? It used to be just Japanese, Koreans and Chinese.
M: Don't say gaijin. Say Gaikokujin. It's more polite. Jake's a gaijin.
S: Yeah, I forget sometimes. What's with all the fucking gaikokujin in Kabukicho anyway?
K: I like that you can grab things like ashtrays or billboards and beat the crap out of the punks bothering you. Or smash their faces into car windows. That's what you'd really do in a fight, grab something and use it as a weapon.
S: Why doesn't he just shoot them?
K: That would be unrealistic. Nobody is going to waste a bullet on some street punk, like the ones that keep bugging Kiyru.
http://boingboing.net/2010/08/10/yakuza-3-review.html

2) Enjoy the goofiness of Yakuza 0, but when you have a chance, read the book Tokyo Vice by the guy who did that interview, Jake Adelstein. It's a great look into the not so pretty, real-life realities of the Yakuza, and it's a damn exciting story in its own right too.

Ricitor

Just woke up and my body is ready!
tumblr_mhtktfkqrw1r0lwogo1_400.gif

It should be here in a few hours so this is going to be a long wait.
Most excited to see young asshole Kazuma.

Hesh

Oh God, my order shipped but I just found out it was shipped via OnTrac.

Looks like I'm probably not going to get my game now. :(

Top Bottom