• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

really starting to burn out on this game. game crashes on my phone like 3-4 times a day (on the ipad its fine) and losing biometrics i need has really put a damper on this game for me, having oonly get 3 RNG tries at getting biometrics a day really makes it really annoying, Hitting walls in both elite and normal mode didn't help any either.

Stimpack

really starting to burn out on this game. game crashes on my phone like 3-4 times a day (on the ipad its fine) and losing biometrics i need has really put a damper on this game for me, having oonly get 3 RNG tries at getting biometrics a day really makes it really annoying, Hitting walls in both elite and normal mode didn't help any either.

After putting a few days into it, I think I've hit a wall in terms of content. I've seen what it has to offer, and it gets uninteresting real quick.

After putting a few days into it, I think I've hit a wall in terms of content. I've seen what it has to offer, and it gets uninteresting real quick.

Yep Chapter 4 of Normal and Chapter 3 of Elite seems to require ~lvl 25+ heroes to do smoothly. I'm stuck grinding biometrics to get Vision and Black widow to 2* so I can get over lvl 25. I have hulkbuster (lvl 20) and cap (lvl 25) that are 2* already but yeah, hitting that wall has really taken the wind out of my sails.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
There has to be a wall, a period where progress slows. Else, everyone would be finished within 2 weeks. I'm okay with that for now, since it doesn't require much time to keep up, but I hope they add some different game modes going forward, especially co-op which I believe is coming.

Roto13

Getting Coins and buying bios?

/I got Spidey for Free. Huh.

Are you asking me or telling me?

Do stronger ones give you more? I was hoping to get Captain Marvel before moving on to more grinding but I'm only strong enough to beat level 15-ish teams.

commish

Are you asking me or telling me?

Do stronger ones give you more? I was hoping to get Captain Marvel before moving on to more grinding but I'm only strong enough to beat level 15-ish teams.

Yes and no. Technically, the higher the rank of your opponent, the more arena points you get. At the end of the week, you get a prize based on your rank.

The actual character points you get is the same - 50 for a win, regardless of the opponent. IMO it's not really worth it to fight strong opponents, as I don't care about my weekly ranking at this point.

Stimpack

Yep Chapter 4 of Normal and Chapter 3 of Elite seems to require ~lvl 25+ heroes to do smoothly. I'm stuck grinding biometrics to get Vision and Black widow to 2* so I can get over lvl 25. I have hulkbuster (lvl 20) and cap (lvl 25) that are 2* already but yeah, hitting that wall has really taken the wind out of my sails.

Same here. I thought it was pretty decent at first, but now I'm at the point where I've seen all there is to see, and it isn't very entertaining anymore. At the moment, it seems like getting heroes isn't too terrible so long as you're willing to put in maybe an hour a day. I don't feel like the grind would be that terrible, but I also don't know how bad it would get later down the line. At the moment, I'm a little further than you, and I haven't felt like I'll be forced to pay anything yet. Which is good, because holy hell look at those prices.

You know a game has a big problem when you're excited about having an auto-play button so you don't have to look at it anymore. It's a shame, because those first few days were quite fun before the paint peeled back. I'd definitely be interested in having a somewhat more fleshed out multiplayer experience like this. It's a shame there are so many damn apps and games, because I know what I want is out there, but the hard part is finding it.

Roto13

Yes and no. Technically, the higher the rank of your opponent, the more arena points you get. At the end of the week, you get a prize based on your rank.

The actual character points you get is the same - 50 for a win, regardless of the opponent. IMO it's not really worth it to fight strong opponents, as I don't care about my weekly ranking at this point.

I see. I won't bother to grind my party any more yet, then. Thanks.

I occasionally log in to this and have really enjoyed it. Started playing it during a meeting on my Nexus 9 today. Got caught in the back though :/

Hope they add Scarlet Witch. Been on a kick regarding her since AoU.

Roto13

What determines whether you have Auto or Auto+ in the Arena? Tapping those special icons manually gives me no joy.

Arttemis

So much excited chatter about this... I watched the gameplay video and it looked like shit, especially when there's already precedent for how to do it right (Marvel Ultimate Alliance).

I guess this gets a pass because of its form factor?

Still building up various random teams, but I think I settled on this team as a main now...

stUo7CJ.jpg

They have a good team bonus so that helps

XxR8lL5.png

commish

So much excited chatter about this... I watched the gameplay video and it looked like shit, especially when there's already precedent for how to do it right (Marvel Ultimate Alliance).

I guess this gets a pass because of its form factor?

No offense, but criticizing the game based on watching a youtube video is kinda silly. It's free, try it out. However, if you are already inherently against mobile games, it won't change your mind.

Roto13

So I've discovered that I like this game more on my tablet. I use touch controls (not virtual buttons) and it's more comfortable on a larger screen.

Also, the chests I get from achievements actually appear in my inventory on my tablet. So that's nice.

IGN is rotothirteen if anyone wants to add me for whatever that does.

kinda wished there was more depth to the combat, seems like fights have devolved into to how quickly i can tap the screen to kill enemies. Without anyway to mitigate damage besides maybe kiting, it seems like on harder difficulties, if you're not outleveling your enemies or maybe maxing out your gear via farming specific materials, you have slim to no chance of beating the level.

I'm just glad I held off on spending any real money on this game; concept was good but the f2p trappings (RNG based nature of upgrading your characters and unlocking characters) and extremely shallow gameplay makes it one of those games you play with for a week ago and forget

commish

kinda wished there was more depth to the combat, seems like fights have devolved into to how quickly i can tap the screen to kill enemies. Without anyway to mitigate damage besides maybe kiting, it seems like on harder difficulties, if you're not outleveling your enemies or maybe maxing out your gear via farming specific materials, you have slim to no chance of beating the level.

I'm just glad I held off on spending any real money on this game; concept was good but the f2p trappings (RNG based nature of upgrading your characters and unlocking characters) and extremely shallow gameplay makes it one of those games you play with for a week ago and forget

I do wish there was a dodge or block button. That said, you probably aren't too far into the game if all you do is tap enemies and watch them die. On harder levels, like when there are multiple bosses at once, you'll get wiped in a few seconds. Have you even unlocked all of your character's attacks?

Also, this really isn't the type of game where you have to (or even should) spend real money. You can farm most of the characters pretty easily, and gems are best used for stam refreshes if you care for that.

ducksauce

Wish this game wasn't mobile only, the art looks gorgeous :p
also squeeeee playable Ultron

I was thinking the same thing when I tried to play it. I'm just not crazy about the mobile controls but I'd love to play this with controller or keyboard and mouse. Wish it was on Steam. I'm going to give it another shot though because like you said the art looks great. Same goes for Marvel Champions too.

I do wish there was a dodge or block button. That said, you probably aren't too far into the game if all you do is tap enemies and watch them die. On harder levels, like when there are multiple bosses at once, you'll get wiped in a few seconds. Have you even unlocked all of your character's attacks?

Also, this really isn't the type of game where you have to (or even should) spend real money. You can farm most of the characters pretty easily, and gems are best used for stam refreshes if you care for that.

Unfortunately no, still farming my way up to having a 2* team. Its just RNG is screwing me over day after day when trying to farm the biometrics I need to even hit 2* on some of my guys. Played for over a week and I'm still at 12 bios for my black widow and 16 for vision :/ I have like 12 characters now, 10 of which are 1* because of the lack of available bios

Anyone else getting frequent crash bugs on Android? It seems like the iOS version of the app is rock solid but the android one crashes quick often.

commish

New event. Elite missions are half price and biometrics drop more frequently. Awesome.

New event. Elite missions are half price and biometrics drop more frequently. Awesome.
Very nice :)

Just managed to get Widow 2* (1* mastered) and have been continue to level her, Hulk Buster and Vision, all 25/26 at the moment. Have my Cap at level 30 (2*mastered) and Iron Man at 25 (1* mastered) so im doing pretty well.

One thing, i really wish there was an easier way to get gear pieces as you use a tonne per gear upgrade at these levels and i tend to spend most of my time just getting them.

commish

Very nice :)

Just managed to get Widow 2* (1* mastered) and have been continue to level her, Hulk Buster and Vision, all 25/26 at the moment. Have my Cap at level 30 (2*mastered) and Iron Man at 25 (1* mastered) so im doing pretty well.

One thing, i really wish there was an easier way to get gear pieces as you use a tonne per gear upgrade at these levels and i tend to spend most of my time just getting them.

Hulk Buster is awesome, but consider not spending so much time and materials into him. As of now, the only way to get his biometrics is through chests :\ It's too bad because he's so good, but he'll probably stay at 2 star for a long time.

Hulk Buster is awesome, but consider not spending so much time and materials into him. As of now, the only way to get his biometrics is through chests :\ It's too bad because he's so good, but he'll probably stay at 2 star for a long time.

Yeah i am just gonna level him up to his max levels (Which i have nearly done) since i only have 4 extra biometrics for him (From an event or box i think). I do find that his specials are really powerful but his normal attacks seem quite weak which is strange.

think im gonna level up Winter Soldier next as i need a speed character to go with my physical (HB) and energy (Vision) 2nd team.

garath

Just started playing yesterday thanks to this thread. Saw it pop up on the front page. What a cool phone game! I'm enjoying it so far, probably won't as much once the grind sets in.

One thing I am curious about, I've completed some daily achievements for shield points and stuff and when I hit claim it says it will go to my inbox but never does. I still have 0 shield points. Any thoughts?

Until then I'm just pushing through normal missions to unlock dailys I guess. Working on Captain america as he's the only 2* I have. I got vision from the first hero box.

Pretty fun! Missions are getting harder fast though.

commish

Just started playing yesterday thanks to this thread. Saw it pop up on the front page. What a cool phone game! I'm enjoying it so far, probably won't as much once the grind sets in.

One thing I am curious about, I've completed some daily achievements for shield points and stuff and when I hit claim it says it will go to my inbox but never does. I still have 0 shield points. Any thoughts?

Until then I'm just pushing through normal missions to unlock dailys I guess. Working on Captain america as he's the only 2* I have. I got vision from the first hero box.

Pretty fun! Missions are getting harder fast though.

I think I see you in every thread for games like this :) I stopped with Chain Chronicles though... just can't play all of these at the same time, and the terrible pull rate left me frustrated.

When you say shield points, do you mean your team XP? Any achievement rewards that includes that goes directly to your team xp (basically your account level). You won't have anything in your inbox.

What's your in game name?

garath

I think I see you in every thread for games like this :) I stopped with Chain Chronicles though... just can't play all of these at the same time, and the terrible pull rate left me frustrated.

When you say shield points, do you mean your team XP? Any achievement rewards that includes that goes directly to your team xp (basically your account level). You won't have anything in your inbox.

What's your in game name?

Lol! Yeah, I've been gravitating toward the mobile games a lot (just picked up a 3DS too) as I have a lot of couch time with my family just messing around on devices. Getting older with full time job, wife, kids, etc.

Chain Chronicle is still probably my "main" game on the phone (you should check it out again, been back to back events for a few weeks now. Being f2p I now have two MLB UR characters without pulling a single one. Event and fortune rings) but I still check out all the others. :)

I misspoke. By shield points I think I mean assemble points? The shield icon in the top right. I see achievements and missions that reward it but I'm still at a big fat 0. Maybe it's a rank thing?

Maybe the rewards I'm seeing actually is team XP. Those icons look really similar though.

Game is getting really hard fast. I'm only on 2-9 and I feel like I'm struggling a lot. 2-8 was my first loss.

My IGN is : garathk

Durden77

In the intial event announcement, did it say that it was possible to get 30x Bios from one elite missions? I can't seem to find the announcement again.

It also does not seem like I'm getting more bios. I just ran the Green Goblin elite stage 3 times and got none. Ran Blade 3 times and got 1. Lame.

commish

Lol! Yeah, I've been gravitating toward the mobile games a lot (just picked up a 3DS too) as I have a lot of couch time with my family just messing around on devices. Getting older with full time job, wife, kids, etc.

Chain Chronicle is still probably my "main" game on the phone (you should check it out again, been back to back events for a few weeks now. Being f2p I now have two MLB UR characters without pulling a single one. Event and fortune rings) but I still check out all the others. :)

I misspoke. By shield points I think I mean assemble points? The shield icon in the top right. I see achievements and missions that reward it but I'm still at a big fat 0. Maybe it's a rank thing?

Maybe the rewards I'm seeing actually is team XP. Those icons look really similar though.

Game is getting really hard fast. I'm only on 2-9 and I feel like I'm struggling a lot. 2-8 was my first loss.

My IGN is : garathk

Yeah mobile and 3DS are perfect for that :)

I'll have to give Chain another try. Really liked the game and the characters. Just got frustrated with the pulls!

Your assemble points should be accumulating... sounds like a bug or something. Hopefully it is fixed now.

The game definitely ramps up in the difficulty, and you have to rely on your special attacks more and more. That's why Captain America's usefulness falls off. His special attacks are a bit lacking, especially because you always have to be in range and his later skills are more about buffs than uber attacks.

I'll add you. Not sure what my in-game name is offhand, though!

Durden77

I need Hulk now to add to Team Ridiculous

D52OuSI.jpg

I'm jealous of that two star Ghost Rider. Will be at least another half week for me.

This last update made things more complicated. It's probably smart in the long run, but I've already got too many characters as it is, and now that they can level up to 40 regardless of rank, I gotta bring my rank 1 25's out of retirement too. I wish that we could get more slots for teams. 3 isn't enough anymore.

commish

I'm jealous of that two star Ghost Rider. Will be at least another half week for me.

This last update made things more complicated. It's probably smart in the long run, but I've already got too many characters as it is, and now that they can level up to 40 regardless of rank, I gotta bring my rank 1 25's out of retirement too. I wish that we could get more slots for teams. 3 isn't enough anymore.

Whoa, everyone can level up to 40? did not know that.

Drayco21

Any word on the Guardians or the Maximoff twins?

They haven't added any characters since official launch and the AoU Hulkbuster update, I imagine they want to give it time to build up a healthy community enjoying the base game and then start rolling out the new characters over time.

Guardians are totally in the top of the pipeline though; Rocket is featured too prominently on the starting artwork and loading screens to be kept out for much longer.

Me either, but that's a great change to me, as someone who didn't have to think about the caps as they were yet.

aibaby

Neo Member
Is it like other collect heroes/allies game where it's better to hit max level and max gear first before upgrading the rank and/or mastery of your hero? Thanks.

Durden77

Yup. Should be in the notices in your inbox. Smart change, but I'm switching out characters left and right now. Like I said, I wish they had more team slots. 5 would be way cool.

Say what you will, but Netmarble has really been great so far with improving an updating this game. I'm still having a lot of mobile fun with it, and if they keep at this pace with updates, especially if that pace includes characters and other stuff like (hopefully) levels, I can see myself turning this on everyday for quite some time.

I do wish it had some sort of system that let you get stuff accomplished while you're away from it though. Like in Avengers Alliance where you could send heroes out on missions for a few hours to get gold. Extracting the full amount from this game everyday, with one free energy recharge and daily achievements, can be really time consuming. I guess that's what the clear tickets are for, but since they don't give XP I hardly use them unless I'm trying to burn my energy before a SHIELD level up.

Is it like other collect heroes/allies game where it's better to hit max level and max gear first before upgrading the rank and/or mastery of your hero? Thanks.

As far as I can tell, ranking up or mastering "early" doesn't hinder you in anyway. If it does I'd like to know too.

commish

If clear tickets provided character xp, that'd be perfect. I don't care about account xp as much but no character xp hurts. At least make it half xp

Top Bottom