• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Auctopus

I thought that comic was going to be about how the Recruit now has the advantage because 90% of the cosmetics turn the player in to a "Shoot Me" sign.

Also:

kI6INvz.png

I hope it's not NVG.

OG Kush

Problem in this game is the tick rate being 64 instead of the 128 that is CS. I'm guessing if they did that the game would be much less forgiving with ping and it would match you with really low pings, however, matchmaking times would increase substantially.

I'd like to see them increase the tick rate when next season starts. Wouldn't surprise me if some big changes come then.
Genuine question here, why would having a higher tick rate match you with lower pings?

Perineum

My God... I encountered a bug with this game I hadn't seen since probably launch. The game was stuck on the R6 loading screen between rounds, and no one could get into the game again from either team. Perpetual loading, if you idled you were kicked, you could rejoin, but still same screen for infinity.

I had to after 30 minutes of waiting just close the PS4 down for the night, take my point loss, and probably incur a ban on top of that. You'd think Ubisoft would allow for all players to vote for a "unplayable game" instead of surrender at any screen or something. 8/10 majority to just call it a draw and no one goes up or down.

I hope for Siege 2 when the day comes, or if they can somehow rework the entire online network for this game, invest in WAY more dedicated servers, focus on far lower and far better pings, and in general just smooth out the bumps this game has. No reason my friend from Canada and I playing should have one of us stuck at 120 ping depending on who joins who to launch the game. I can play Titanfall 2 with him on dedicated servers and neither of us exceed 40-50 ping.

Fury451

Banned
My God... I encountered a bug with this game I hadn't seen since probably launch. The game was stuck on the R6 loading screen between rounds, and no one could get into the game again from either team. Perpetual loading, if you idled you were kicked, you could rejoin, but still same screen for infinity.

I had to after 30 minutes of waiting just close the PS4 down for the night, take my point loss, and probably incur a ban on top of that. You'd think Ubisoft would allow for all players to vote for a "unplayable game" instead of surrender at any screen or something. 8/10 majority to just call it a draw and no one goes up or down.

I hope for Siege 2 when the day comes, or if they can somehow rework the entire online network for this game, invest in WAY more dedicated servers, focus on far lower and far better pings, and in general just smooth out the bumps this game has. No reason my friend from Canada and I playing should have one of us stuck at 120 ping depending on who joins who to launch the game. I can play Titanfall 2 with him on dedicated servers and neither of us exceed 40-50 ping.

The loading bug occurs for me at least once a month for sure, for awhile it was a couple times a week. It's better now in that when leaving it doesn't seem to penalize; before it counted it as Ranked penalty.

The loading bug occurs for me at least once a month for sure, for awhile it was a couple times a week. It's better now in that when leaving it doesn't seem to penalize; before it counted it as Ranked penalty.

Quick fix is to search for a casual game. Back out before you get into a game. Then search for another ranked game. For some reason searching for a casual game counts as a reset in those situations.

andycapps

The two are completely unrelated.
How so? If the server tick rate were changed from 64 to 128 Hertz that's a difference of 15.6 ms for every update to 7.8 ms for every player and object update sent out to players. But if someone's ping is 200, then their information is really being sent to the server at 100 ms. Someone playing with a ping of 60 (30 ms) will be sending a much more accurate representation of their game state than someone with a higher ping.

So while my original statement was oversimplified, I'm not sure why you're saying they're unrelated.

A 128 tick rate would greatly benefit those with lower pings until you throw in someone with a high ping.

Auctopus

That's means: "Let's see what is hidden in the dark."

That's a pool and maybe disco lights.Could be a nightclub or maybe a house.

Bug: https://streamable.com/f518k

Thanks for the bug fix tip!

Huh. Location seems likely, wonder if the phrase is related to the operators or a gadget. There's not a lot of dark areas in the game though so some sort of NVG wouldn't be helpful.

I said in the other thread, that it looks like a swimming pool rather than a disco light. If you closely look at the pattern, it's mosaic like the bottom of a pool, you can see the blood diluting in the water, you can see the ripple of the water so I assume that the light is one you'd have at the bottom of a pool. Then again, a "pool" isn't really a location so we'll see.

The problem with a NVG character...

- It would mean a completely re-envisioned lighting system e.g. Being able to shoot out lights/dynamic lighting etc.
- This would only really work on night maps (I suppose Day maps have boarded up windows) and a defending/attacking team couldn't remove lights in every room so it would usually mean the objective rooms would be the dark ones.
- so this means it's possible that the operator could have some sort of power shutdown gadget where the whole building goes dark shortly. However, I can't see this being anything but OP.
- so, as other people have said, it feels like NVG could be entirely useless otherwise.

Just speculation though, who knows!

Ardenyal

How so? If the server tick rate were changed from 64 to 128 Hertz that's a difference of 15.6 ms for every update to 7.8 ms for every player and object update sent out to players. But if someone's ping is 200, then their information is really being sent to the server at 100 ms. Someone playing with a ping of 60 (30 ms) will be sending a much more accurate representation of their game state than someone with a higher ping.

So while my original statement was oversimplified, I'm not sure why you're saying they're unrelated.

A 128 tick rate would greatly benefit those with lower pings until you throw in someone with a high ping.
Sending more packages won't have an influence on their travel time. You would only have double the packages on the way to the server.

Like it's already been said, the addition of NVG would suggest changes like destructible lighting. While that sounds good in principle I'm not sure how good that would be for the game play.

andycapps

Sending more packages won't have an influence on their travel time. You would only have double the packages on the way to the server.
The issue is with the latency in conveying what each player is doing to the server and then everyone receiving that info. The high ping user is going to see the low ping user peaking around a doorframe for a longer time frame than was actually the case. And the low ping user is going to complain about being shot when they'd already moved, then they'll see the killcam and yell that it didn't happen that way at all.

But I see what you're saying. You'd also have double the amount of packages going to the player.

Fury451

Banned
Saw some speculation on Reddit alluding to use of light- like a floodlight for defenders to blind Attackers line of sight. Would be cool, not sure how that would necessarily work, but light (seeing in/out of buildings) is a pretty big dynamic.

Auctopus

Saw some speculation on Reddit alluding to use of light- like a floodlight for defenders to blind Attackers line of sight. Would be cool, not sure how that would necessarily work, but light (seeing in/out of buildings) is a pretty big dynamic.

"Yeah, so we've patched outdoor light white balance and we're proud to announce our new Spanish Defender... FLOOD!! FWWWWWOOOOOMMMMM *audience is blind*"

I wouldn't mind if lights/power became a new map dynamic. Different breaker rooms for different areas of the map. Defenders can booby trap those rooms and maybe set up portable emergency work lights while Attackers have nvg gadgets. I also like that flood light idea. We'll see!

TheRed

Idk how that would be really good, a thatcher could emp from an angle and it should be easy enough to shoot out. If it is a bulletproof light that will feel pretty cheap.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Reveal is early Feb during the tournament thing. Live demo on the 5th. Some panels, etc.

Evolved1

Did they ever give a reason as to why you can't lean on console without ADS?
The assumption is not enough buttons.

I think they should add some kind of configuration option though... even if it's a bit Frankenstein... some of us have paddles. This has been bothering me since day one.

Disgraced

I would re-assign gadget and ability to the d-pad, make cam and firing mode holding or double-tapping a face button, and lean L/R L1/R1.

The assumption is not enough buttons.

I think they should add some kind of configuration option though... even if it's a bit Frankenstein... some of us have paddles. This has been bothering me since day one.

Yeah, at least make it an option.

Well when you're not ADS on console now those buttons serve sprint and melee. Where would you put those?

I don't know, maybe click and hold the sticks for one and just click for another? Hell,I'd like to at least see them try to make use of the accelerometer in the DS4 for starters. Let me lean with my controller.

Just seems like a major feature to leave out that I think really elevates play on PC.

I would re-assign gadget and ability to the d-pad, make cam and firing mode holding or double-tapping a face button, and lean L/R L1/R1.

Sure. Give us some options. A rapid double tap of the shoulder buttons even? I don't know, it just bugs me that this isn't in the game at all.

Evolved1

DS4 at least could put non-ADS lean on the gyro. Motion control is too unreliable for ADS in-combat leaning. But non-ADS? It doesn't have to be super responsive... just let me frigging lean a corner without looking down an AGOG that costs me 90% of my FOV.

And doing this would instantly buff the angled grip... because you want that fast ADS if you're neutral-leaning and then aquire a target.

I'm so annoyed they were like, "Um... no buttons." and gave up.

Ardenyal

Yeah some functionalities could be mapped to tap/hold or a selection wheel. On PS4 a lot of things could be mapped to the touch pad with swipes or pressing corners.

nahlakhai

Doubled dipped on the PC version today. This game is so good. Coming from PS4 it's taking a bit of getting used to with the gadgets and skills though.

I accidentally triggered lean without aiming down sight early in the game's lifecycle a couple times so I'd imagine it's not hard locked out but just lack of configuration options.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
i've had a pretty good time in ranked today, it was pretty good considering yesterday i lost all of my matches, yes i'm copper now. Hopefully one day i'll be able to play with you guys again, randoms suck.

Can confirm. The guy has a fetish for hostage killing and barricades every door/window in sight purely for the points.

Yes, he's the worst. Unfathomable how poor he plays.

i've had a pretty good time in ranked today, it was pretty good considering yesterday i lost all of my matches, yes i'm copper now. Hopefully one day i'll be able to play with you guys again, randoms suck.

Play with us!

Top Bottom