• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you ever sit down in the shower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Za23

Always sitting down when I take a shower, but I do stand if I'm using the dorm showers when at school. I don't trust the floors in the dorm bathroom, even if they did clean it every day.

Yeah I do this a lot. Only in my shower though. Never in hotels or when I'm using a friends shower. Someone said it earlier, it's a poor man's sauna and is relaxing as hell.

ScOULaris

TheClimaxan said:
Yeah I do this a lot. Only in my shower though. Never in hotels or when I'm using a friends shower. Someone said it earlier, it's a poor man's sauna and is relaxing as hell.
Yeah, I feel like this point should be clarified. I don't sit on public showers or showers that belong to other people. I only sit in my own shower.

I sit right on my ass.

Roto13

crying_in_shower.gif

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Harry Dresden said:
on a semi-related note.

I've always wanted to set under a waterfall all Zen like.

I've done this - it was nice, but the water pressure kinda makes you not wanting to stay there for a long time. Maybe with a less fierce waterfall it'd be zen.

Picture:

2rol2br.jpg

It can be comfortable if you want to relax but it really depends on the flooring. It isn't that comfy to do it in a bathtub if you are a tall person. I don't bother most of the time since I don't fit well in the shower. But that "bench" in the shower looks awesome!

B.K.

My shower has a little seat built into it. Sometimes, if I'm really sore after a day of work, I'll sit down while I'm washing my hair.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
I only sit on very rare occasions. Generally when I wake up feeling exhausted and standing in the shower sounds like too much effort but I don't want to take a bath or anything.

I usually sit down at the end of the shower to clean my feet. Much easier than doing it standing up with one leg on a slippery wet surface.

Loki

Count of Concision
Used to do this all the time when I was living at home - it's so soothing to have the water hit you. I'd lay down (my back would be propped up against the back of the tub) after I finished cleaning myself and just relax.

Since I've been living on my own I haven't done it, however - never wanted to give my landlords an excuse to raise my rent if the water bill was too high lol.

RDreamer

I've done this forever. I don't if I'm at someone else's place, or if I'm showering with someone else like my wife, obviously. There was also a period of time where I didn't because the pressure in the spout was way too terrible.

Nice to know others do this, too. Anyone I've ever mentioned it to thinks I'm fucking weird, but there's no way I'm gonna stop. It's so relaxing.

Blitz2o

Banned
HA, I love this thread.

Actually the only time I've ever sat down in the shower was because their was a girl on her knees in front of me.

So, like everyone else: Feels good man.

I always sit down in the shower. I'll stand up at the end to wash my body but I shampoo/condition my hair, shave my legs, wash my face and brush my teeth all while sitting in the shower. It's just so comfortable and relaxing.

I do this, probably three times a week, and especially on days I know are going to be crazy. Turn the water on a couple minutes before I get in so it's nice and steamy, sit on the floor and think about my day, what I have to get done etc... I always stand up to actually bathe, the sitting just helps me wake up in a relaxed way and think about my day. Ghetto sauna ftw!

ScOULaris

lightless_shado said:
Nope. Sometimes I do squats and other leg exercises in there though.
I hope you have a shower mat with some decent traction. I can think of a few different ways that things could go wrong.

Amakusa

ScOULaris said:
Man, I want a shower bench so badly. Just think of all the sitting I could do in there. I'd sit all over that dirty fucking little bench. Aw, fuck yeah...

You and me both, so ez to clean your balls while sitting on a bench all spread eagle.

I do it all the time. Clean up standing and then enjoy 5 minutes or so sitting down relaxing. It makes the shower experience complete.

Questions to the sitters: Do you often have movie like scenarios in your head?
What do you think of when you sit there? Do you pitty yourself? Do you feel like a victim?
Or do you feel handsome maybe, wanting to light a sigarette while the music swells?

It's not just "it feels good man" is it? It's more. tell us.

ScOULaris

Always-honest said:
What do you think of when you sit there? Do you pitty yourself? Do you feel like a victim?
Or do you feel handsome maybe, wanting to light a sigarette while the music swells?

No. I feel like a boss.

Amakusa

Always-honest said:

laying a tub with water raining down on you, like the heavens crying for your soul.

You blink... water running down sides of your face, you feel it... you feel the pain and sarrow of the world watching you now.

....thats when you realize.. you're the villain

something like that?

You know what I do? I'm a psycho, you'll tell me, but hey. Sometimes when I want to relax, I just sit next to the shower and have it running (cold water) so I can listen to the sound of it. Basically like a fountain (I find fountains really relaxing).

And really bad for the environment, I know.

Bring the hammer down, GAF.

Amakusa said:
laying a tub with water raining down on you, like the heavens crying for your soul.

You blink... water running down sides of your face, you feel it... you feel the pain and sarrow of the world watching you now.

....thats when you realize.. you're the villain

something like that?
No, the truth.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
No, I don't. I don't like taking long showers unfortunately. Usually I'm always on the go, so it has to be fast. Not too fast, not too long. Somewhere in between.

Puddles

Banned
I sit down if I'm going to have a fap or something, or if I've just come back from a workout. Otherwise, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom