• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

how did both of them banned? That sucks, they were almost zealots in their defense of NT and this game, but i can't imagine them saying something to get them banned. Actually Jet maybe, but not E.

Eze probably because he voiced oppositions to the OT/OP that amounted to thread whining..my guess

I don't want to see anyone getting banned :(

G-Fex

It seems every DMC fan forgot about the endings of the other games.

Hint: They were not amazing.

Devil May Cry 2 had the best ending

There was this flaming ghost rider guy at the end and you fought him for no good reason.

And then Dante was like 'Uh...I'm going to go now and do stuff!'

best devil may cry ending ever!

I don't know why people try to make up a story for these games.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm cracking up at the perfect storm of hype killing events that have happened in the last few hours

A mocking OT comes out late but just in time for the ending of the game to leak all while Ezekial45 and Jett, the game's two brightest white knights on neogaf, get banned less than a week before the game's release.

Damn DmC lol. not like this....

It seems every DMC fan forgot about the endings of the other games.

Hint: They were not amazing.

Story telling was actually hyped up for this one. With many new fans looking forward to it and it widely being expected to be an improvement over the past games.

and welp

Raxus

Jett got temp banned for ignoring a rule (questioning a thread's importance). Dunno what happened to ezekial.

Dahbomb

I'm cracking up at the perfect storm of hype killing events that have happened in the last few hours

A mocking OT comes out late but just in time for the ending of the game to leak all while Ezekial45 and Jett, the game's two brightest white knights on neogaf, get banned less than a week before the game's release.

Damn DmC lol. not like this....
The only cherry on top would be a 3/10 review to pop out so that a shitstorm of people trying to make sense of the review would begin. Followed by NT trying to debunk it by saying it's not genuine or some shit.

antitrop

Dunno what happened to ezekial.
The first several pages of this thread.

I liked the DMC3 ending. Explained the name of his business and led up to DMC1 nicely. They don't need to be amazing, just satisfying.
I think the Devil May Cry endings just lack any kind of impact because the journey all the way to get there (narratively) was never particularly gripping. You sort of have to already be invested in the goings on to have a satisfying ending.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Jett got temp banned for ignoring a rule (questioning a thread's importance). Dunno what happened to ezekial.

Also probably a temp

I think everyone gets banned eventually if you stick around long enough

It's just the damn timing lol.

A lot of "end of the year hype" has me wanting to play this game.

I remember knocking it quite alot when it was released, but It actually has one of the best storylines in a videogame this generation, IMO.

I just think that the combat side of it, and the constant QTE's are fucking garbage game design.

THAT'S the ending?! That?!

Am I being trolled?

Dat ending...

KuGsj.gif

Ninja Theory: Master Storytellers

this is pretty much how i feel about the ending .. i wonder if there isn't another scene after the credits or something .

But seeing the final fight reminded me that i might have enjoyed this game if i didn't have to compare it in my subconscious to the Devil may cry games before it .
i can't help but to compare to another DMC3 event ...when i might have enjoyed it on it's own if they went full original.
This applies to both gameplay and story

Jawmuncher

Municipal Waste makes you kick ass better. That game proved it scientifically.

No doubt about that

Also probably a temp

I think everyone gets banned eventually if you stick around long enough

It's just the damn timing lol.

True enough

Anyway as for DmC, with that ending I guess they figured they already have a sequel in the bag. Seriously i'm tired of these sequels doing nothing more than going "You bought it sucker, better grab the sequel to" Seriously what ever happened to containing the game to itself. This is one of my biggest issues with AC.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What are you guys talking about? I swear, you make it sound like Enslaved and Heavenly Sword were written by Obsidian or something.

suzu

I feel like I'm one of the few who doesn't really care about all the "fuck you"s and Dante's attitude in DmC. And I adored the original Dante too. lol

Beth Cyra

I feel like I'm one of the few who doesn't really care about all the "fuck you"s and Dante's attitude in DmC. And I adored the original Dante too. lol

I won't lie, apart of it is I hate the fact they changed Dante to this. Thing is, even if they didn't and this was a just a new character I still would have found it unbearable. At least for me, I'm just so tired of the FUCK YOU I'MZ THE MATUREZ shit that the moment the start promoting it I just tune them out and my dislike kicks in.

What was the most negative OT ever posted on GAF?

Dragon Age II.

Didn't hold any punches, hell even the PC specs as posted earlier in the thread was used to make a joke on the game.

I-hate-u

Wow that 3-4 years comment makes it worse doesn't it? Why couldn't DMC5 couldn't be developed along side Dragon's Dogma? And why did Capcom go with NT for western capitalization when their previous games sold mediocrely?

DMC4 sold 3 million units no? That has to be good.

I dont hate him I just feel they made say fuck you a lot just because it is a reboot and saying fuck you a lot = dark , gritty , and mature.

Beth Cyra

Wow that 3-4 years comment makes it worse doesn't it? Why couldn't DMC5 couldn't be developed along side Dragon's Dogma? And why did Capcom go with NT for western capitalization when their previous games sold mediocrely?

DMC4 sold 3 million units no? That has to be good.

As much as I would like DMC5 it shouldn't have been developed.

Forcing somoene to make something isn't the way to get the best product. Itsuno wanted to make Dragon's Dogma and I'm glad he got to, I just hope one day he will want to come back to DMC.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Man DmC Dante is so lame. x: I wonder if we can get some mods on the PC version to bring the combat back up to par since that pause between swings makes things feel weird.

System Requirements:
MINIMUM
-486 Intel processor or 100% compatible
-4MB RAM
-MS-DOS 5.0 or higher
-8MB hard drive space
-256-color VGA graphics card
-CD-ROM drive
RECOMMENDED
-486/33MHz
-1MB video card
-Sound Blaster or 100% compatible sound card
-Double-speed CD-ROM drive

KuGsj.gif

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Actually, I don't really mind him either. If DmC gets a sequel, which I think is inevitable, I expect Donte to become close to indistinguishable from Dante anyway.

Top Bottom