• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Popeyes vs. KFC 3: The Clash of Two Chickens (UMVC3 GAF Grudge Match)

Dartastic

Dart you need to level up, pick cheaper characters and challenge for a SALTY runback.

It's not MAHVEL without salty runbacks.

Haha, I'd be down except for the fact that it really was horrifically laggy, as everyone on the stream could see. I guess I could just go team armor and mash to win? :/

Spin and I were dropping combos left and right. I literally dropped a forward h combo with Ammy due to lag. No joke.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Haha, I'd be down except for the fact that it really was horrifically laggy, as everyone on the stream could see. I guess I could just go team armor and mash to win? :/

Spin and I were dropping combos left and right. I literally dropped a forward h combo with Ammy due to lag. No joke.
Set the QoS on your router before you try to stream and play at the same time again, dangit. (Mostly joking. I have no idea whether you did this or not in the first place.)

smurfx

get some go again
I just wanted to post in this thread to say: people who like to eat at Bojangles are good people.
i hate it when people post some regional restaurant and then claim its the best. i can make up a some chicken restaurant and then say its the best too you know. -_- unless its a nationwide chain then don't post!

i hate it when people post some regional restaurant and then claim its the best. i can make up a some chicken restaurant and then say its the best too you know. -_- unless its a nationwide chain then don't post!

I didn't say it was "the best." I just said people who like Bojangles are cool.

ReiGun

It's finger lickin good.

YouMad.jpg

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I'd never seen a Popeyes until I moved to the south.

Dartastic

Ok. Being a man of my word, I went to KFC today. I decided to torture myself even further, because there was literally a Popeye's two blocks away. You could see it from the KFC. I definitely went into it empty minded, because ya know, MAYBE I WAS ACTUALLY WRONG. Too bad that I wasn't, because KFC is, as I previously remembered, ASS. Seriously. You're all doing yourself such a disservice by eating here over Popeye's. You really are. Here we go.
IMG_1841.jpg

I decided to get the two piece, original recipe chicken. I figured that ya know, it was the original. If I was gonna compare chicken, I want to compare chicken with chicken, as opposed to some crazy ass side menu thing that KFC has. I got a breast and a wing, with mashed potatoes and beans. I also noticed that there weren't really options to just get chicken; that's one thing that rules about Popeye's. I want a snack? Yo, it's cool! 2 bucks will get you a delicious spicy breast. And usually that's a pretty good amount of food anyway; add a small side and you're set. Here though? Naw. Either I get a shitty "value" food item, or I get a meal. Bleh. Anyway.
IMG_1842.jpg

IMG_1843.jpg

First bite, with me trying to be optimistic.
IMG_1844.jpg

....and the subsequent reaction.
IMG_1845.jpg

Seriously. My expression tells it all. The chicken wasn't juicy, the breading was like, hella weird and not crispy or anything at all, and this mother fucker was OILY. LIKE, I UNDERSTAND WHY YOU GUYS ARE MAKING THE GREASED UP ROUTER COMMENTS. When I get a chicken breast at Popeye's, that shit is delicious. The chicken is juicy, the breading is tasty, and the chicken itself doesn't feel greasy as shit. This picture is literally taken after my SECOND BITE.
IMG_1848.jpg

WHAT. THE. FUCK. THAT'S JUST GROSS. The sides weren't bad, but at the same time, why would I want baked beans from here when I could get red beans and rice? Why would I want mashed potatoes from here when they're just... better at Popeye's? And the biscuit? Don't even get me STARTED on that crumbly piece of gross.

I ate as much as I could get through, but man. Ugh.
IMG_1849.jpg

IMG_1850.jpg

IMG_1851.jpg

I just don't get it. I spent 7 bucks on this shit, when I could have gone to a food cart, a local restaurant, or even the Popeye's down the block. Why would you do this to yourself KFC GAF? WHY? Seriously, I know I lost this battle, but do yourselves a goddamn service and go to a motherfuckin Popeye's next time you want some fried chicken. I can now definitively say with authority due to eating at both places that Popeye's really is just far better. Ugh.

IMG_1847.jpg

/saltyrant

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I like greasy stuff, but that looks fucking nasty. No wonder I always feel sick after eating there.

This is a sad fucking day in Marvel vs Capcom and GAF history.

smurfx

get some go again
not gonna lie i only like spicy crispy chicken from kfc. there is only one restaurant close to my house that serves it. if i ever eat kfc its from there. i hardly ever eat fried chicken though.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Honestly the fried chicken I can get at my local supermarket is better than both KFC and Popeyes.

But nothing will beat KFC's cole slaw. Sooo sweet.

KFC won? Boo. Too lazy to read the details of how.

I like KFC okay, Popeye's much better. Cane's Chicken Fingers is really the way to go, though.

Dartastic

It's super mega sad because the Popeye's was LITERALLY TWO BLOCKS AWAY. I mean, I look at the pictures above, and then I look at this picture I posted earlier in the thread. Spicy Chicken Breast and a Crawfish (CRAWFISH!) Po Boy, and still cheaper than the ass I got today. That KFC stuff doesn't even look like chicken.

8af6b55d.jpg

Feels bad, man. Next time I'm going to have a backup team that can deal with a zoning team in situations with tons of lag. :/

Dartastic

Both Marn and Justin Wong just put KFC on blast, and claimed that Popeye's is way superior. So like, yeah. I'm happy with that, even though my stomach hurts like whoa right now. Take that, KFC GAF.

Top Bottom