• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD: Adidas overtakes Jordan on list of top U.S. sport footwear

Pein

Banned
Ya know adidas joggers look nicer but because all I own are Nike and Jordan sneakers I think it would look weird? Am I overthinking this?

rambis

Banned
They need more artists on Jordan and actual shit you could buy, them ovo jordans are dope but that price omg.

I'm Jordan through and through though, I don't fuck with adidas because I don't like lowtop sneakers that much.

I think the limited production gimmick has outlived its usefulness and resellers have ruined a bit of the experience. I use to be almost exclusively Jordan but I don't even remember the last pair I bought. Its mostly the same for big Nike retros and even Adidas drops.

Moved on to designers which you can actually get months down the line for decent discounts instead of inflated resell prices.

DMVfan123

Banned
Ya know adidas joggers look nicer but because all I own are Nike and Jordan sneakers I think it would look weird? Am I overthinking this?

If someone judges you for wearing Nike/Jordan sneakers with Adidas shirts/joggers or vice versa they need to get a life
Wear what you want

Never fully bought into the adidas hype but I've been using a pair of black knitted hightops for the past year and always get compliments. Best sneakers I've bought in a long time, especially since they put me at 6 feet tall.

Adidas are so much the generation behind me.

I have ~50 pair of retro Jordans and 1 pair of modern Adidas Lunars.

The rest are Nike.

SNKRS app + Nike Employee Store in Beaverton is not your friend. :(

Bought a pair of adidas last year for general shoes, they've been amazing on my feet. It's been incredibly hard for me to find something comfortable for my odd feet, but i started with a pair of Solar RNRs and now I have two pairs of NMDs, a pair of trail runners, and a pair of Gazelles. I love this company dammit.

I can't justify the price for buying an Ultra Boost.

What's so good about it?
It's extremely comfortable.

I got a pair this year. I didn't want to believe the hype. I was utterly wrong. I couldn't wear any sneaker this long without getting any pain or discomfort when walking a lot or being on my feet most of the day. Did my feet a favour.

Also if you wanna go a bit cheaper there is regular boost. Pure boost, or EQTs with boost.

Oxn

It's extremely comfortable.

I got a pair this year. I didn't want to believe the hype. I was utterly wrong. I couldn't wear any sneaker this long without getting any pain or discomfort when walking a lot or being on my feet most of the day. Did my feet a favour.

Also if you wanna go a bit cheaper there is regular boost. Pure boost, or EQTs with boost.

EQTs with boost are not cheaper. Although they do hit sales a little more frequently.

Nevermind, you mean the 93/16s probably.

Damn I was just talking in another thread about buying a pair of NMD's over Yeezy's. Maybe I should pick up some Yeezy's after all lol.

I mean, no shit. Jordans have been releasing crazy designs at insanely high prices with limited quantities for years now.

I haven't seen a Jordan I thought was a good looking shoe for at least 5 years...but I'm also out of touch and grumpy.

You're not alone tbh. Aside from the Air Jordan 1s, I've never liked any design from them and think they're overhyped compared to some of Nike and Adidas's offerings.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Called it when their stock was trading at 40.

m3k

lol didnt the under armour ceo brag about addidas is his favourite because they keep fucking up and giving under armour market position

fantastic

K-Gun

Yeah, I find Lunar waaaay more comfortable than Boost.

Boosts are great. But anything with a Lunar sole is still 10 times more comfortable.

The Lunar sole is excellent, unfortunately they haven't been able to compliment it with a good upper since the Chukka, my opinion of course.

Adidas are so much the generation behind me.

I have ~50 pair of retro Jordans and 1 pair of modern Adidas Lunars.

The rest are Nike.

SNKRS app + Nike Employee Store in Beaverton is not your friend. :(

I used to be a J head, but shit got crazy with the limited releases. They drove some of them into the ground with a billion color ways.

Adidas upped their game, they're putting out some interesting stuff, and while I'm not as crazy as others about NMD and OG Boosts, they've found ways to create cool looks with the same tech/sole. Really doing a great job. It's great for sneaker heads because we have more to choose from.

see5harp

I actually prefer Nike apparel though. The Nike tech fleece top and bottoms are comfy as fuck. I rock them with inikis and nmds all of the time. Personally I was never much into the match every single piece of clothing on your body in style and brand thing. If I wanted to look like an old ass man in a damn warm up suit I'd go all of the way and do that.

Falchion

Damn, might have to check out the boosts now since I'm in the market for some shoes. I just like Nike's Flyknits so much I was just going to buy another pair.

Yeah, Adidas has been killing the streetwear game. No boost, no care. I still like my Nike/Jordan retros and will cop when there is a colorway I like but when it comes to newer shoes, I prefer Adidas.

EQT 93/17 are the most comfortable pair of shoes I have worn.

Not shocking at all, Jordans have been losing popularity and Nike has shifted their Jordan business around recently and they are not as available as they used to be. Independent stores have a much harder time getting a hold of them than they used to.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The Lunar sole is excellent, unfortunately they haven't been able to compliment it with a good upper since the Chukka, my opinion of course.
I like LunarEpic Flyknits, but I wish they put Lunar into different styles.

I need an all-weather kind of shoe now to replace some old Js, but reaaaaaaally want it to have Lunar, but there's pretty much nothing that isn't flyknit with lunar. Found out about the LunarEpic Shield and it looks ghastly.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Their shoes are amazing, and they have an incredible celebrity roster promoting their stuff, everyone 30 and under in urban areas are rocking adidas from head to toe nowadays

Zekes!

I like Adidas but I find a lot of their shoe design to be tacky outside of their classic retros. Like, Boost wise, I only really love the UBs. Never was a fan of the NMDs or the EQTs 19/17s, and I'm more than over the Yeezy hype. The 93/16s are pretty dope though. I own a pair of Pureboost Raws which are pretty alright, if because you don't see them often.

My issue with Nike right now is price, and they've definitely stagnated even if I still prefer them to Adidas.

The Flyknit chukka was one of my favourite styles. Both my pairs are a little too tight for me so I gave them to my girlfriend and she loves them.

KonradLaw

Adidas do a far wider and better range of trainers than anyone else these days and have been for a while, you yanks are just catching up.
And yet they still can't be bothered to make even one zero drop model :] Almost nobody does these days. New Balance and Puma dropped them. Merrell seems to be the only big company bothering with decent shoes like those.

I can't justify the price for buying an Ultra Boost.

What's so good about it?

Try it and you will find out.

Air Jordan IV's are my favorite shoe of all time. I must have tried hundreds of different models over the years from all brands, but Ultra Boost shoes are easily the most comfortable shoes I have ever had.

I have this wonderful little issue with my left leg, where I'm missing pretty much all the cartilage on my knee, my meniscus, and then my ankle is even more messed up. Basically if I want to walk or run more than 3 km, my foot feels like someone hit a nail through it. With Ultra Boosts I feel absolutely no pain whatsoever.Amazing shoe.

RedAssedApe

Banned
are these boosts posts legit? i googled adidas boost and the side profiles for all these shoes look kinda ugly. or are ya'll just talking bout comfort? mid sole looks like styrofoam

Oxn

are these boosts posts legit? i googled adidas boost and the side profiles for all these shoes look kinda ugly. or are ya'll just talking bout comfort? mid sole looks like styrofoam

They look great on feet. I thought the same thing too.

I've bought so many different Adidas silhouettes this past 18 months. Tons of fire even in non boost stuff. The alphabounce, tennis Hu and tubular shadow are great affordable shoes from just this past year without boost. Add in classics like Stans, Superstars with heat in the boost lineup.....

I have no idea of Its affecting their sales, but I wish Jordan would release their classic shoes in the original color ways instead of garbage, gaudy, tacky color ways they've been shitting out lately. Who the eff wants a solid grey pair of Air Jordan 8s?

Boost is really comfortable, and the slim/sportswear aesthetic just works with their design right now.

And the hype machine has shifted to Adidas because Jordans and hyped Nikes simply became legit impossible to get through 2014. The accessibility, no need to hit resellers up or learn how to make scalping bots, and the celebrity/social media cosign is just a perfect storm for Adidas.

The hood and hoops culture will always have love for Nike and Jordan, though. I'm enjoying this era of less hype on Nikes and Jordans because you can eat on discount easy...but in a few years when it dries up, we'll see.

13ruce

Banned
Adidas is very cool love their big sneakers. Jordan's look quite nice too, nike sneakers are ugly tho lol imo (the non jordan ones).

Adidas also is quite decently priced and not super expensive shoes wise. You can find awesome looking ones easily for less then 100 bucks.

I just googled the Ultra Boosts....240 Canadian but they look amazing and I usually think shoes that expensive are ugly

If they drop in price by 50% I'll get them, I sometimes get %50 Adidas through work

I have no idea of Its affecting their sales, but I wish Jordan would release their classic shoes in the original color ways instead of garbage, gaudy, tacky color ways they've been shitting out lately. Who the eff wants a solid grey pair of Air Jordan 8s?
Same. Put AJ1s in NikeID or whatever it's called . Game over .

K-Gun

I remember getting a pair of ultra boosts just to run in, the original color way (black with the white sole) before it blew up. Was on Niketalk at the time, no one really gave it too much attention, but those who had the shoe had nothing but positive things to say, some felt the sole gave out too early but you get that with lunar's too. Then Kanye rocked the triple white, it was a wrap. The shoe was gaining traction, but Kanye blew it the fuck up.

People with shit that matches up with solid grey. I can only do so many BRED colorways.

Now, I'm right there with you on the colorways like the Chutney 13 Lows that dropped this year.

Conversely, there were a lot of really good colorways this year, specifically if you like the 13.

Love Boost but I can't justify the $180 price tag for UBs, especially after I cracked the sole on my UB 2.0s within 6 months of ownership. I wear my UB 3.0s sparingly due to fear of them cracking but they're currently not as comfortable as my 2.0s.

Love the NMD line, but the R1s are much more comfortable than the R2s for me due to not having the huge plug digging into the arch of my foot. My favorite pair to wear are my heather grey R1s.

Best Boost pair that are currently unsung are the Inikis in my opinion. Though they don't have as much boost as the UBs, they have as much as the NMD line minus the plugs. I have both the navy/gum and white/black pairs and love them dearly. They're also $120 a pair which makes the price tag a bit easier to swallow.

Maybe I'll pick up the EQT 93/17 when I see a color way that I like, as the current options are very boring (I need less white/black shoes).

Top Bottom