• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
View Poll Results: Can we finally agree that Nintendo is Doomed?
Yes
638 32.52%
No
105 5.35%
Colossally So
1,219 62.13%
Voters: 1962. You may not vote on this poll

poodaddy
(09-14-2017, 04:13 AM)

Originally Posted by Plum

Rip and tear on the toilet.

Horrifying.

Appropriate.
StarStabbedMoon

Originally Posted by Alienous

VR, Switch, Bethesda don't give a fuck.

You get support, and you get support.

The way it should be.
Everlya_Apocryha
Banned
good bye to your switch storage on this one...

ID games are known to have huge space requirements due to the megatexture (i supposed?)
GavinUK86
(09-14-2017, 04:14 AM)

Originally Posted by Everlya_Apocryha

ID games are known to have huge space requirements due to the megatexture (i supposed?)

idtech 6 doesn't use megatextures in the same way as 5 but still massive
Cerium
(09-14-2017, 04:15 AM)
Updated the OP with the new JP Direct footage.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1432838
Naked Snake
(09-14-2017, 04:15 AM)

I'll buy Doom physical and don't care for multiplayer, so it won't take any storage space for me.
Morts
(09-14-2017, 04:16 AM)
Wasn't expecting this at all. I already have Doom though and I can't wait until 2018 for Wolfenstein 2, but it's still a pretty cool announcement. It'll be interesting to see how they compare to the other console versions, just for curiosity's sake.

I hope these do well. Bethesda's library has been killing it this gen.
Conkerkid11
(09-14-2017, 04:17 AM)
Holy shit

Originally Posted by Naked Snake

I'll buy Doom physical and don't care for multiplayer, so it won't take any storage space for me.

I doubt either of these will fit on a physical copy. Probably give you a download code.
MrCunningham
(09-14-2017, 04:17 AM)
Two games I didn't expect to see on the Switch... Especially Wolfenstein II.

Originally Posted by *Guaraná

Doom footage on Switch from the japanese Nintendo Direct

https://youtu.be/k038cik6uDw

All things considering, that doesn't look too bad. The game probably will be running at 720p @30fps when locked, with a mix of low, medium and high settings. I would be surprised if they could get this one to run at 60, but you never know with ID.

Originally Posted by tesqui

They should include ports of Doom 1 and 2 as well. Those games would pop so nicely on that screen.

They could just port Doom 3 BFG Edition, which does include Doom 1 and 2 in the package.
andthebeatgoeson
(09-14-2017, 04:19 AM)

Originally Posted by EatChildren

... portable shootbang. ....

Portable shootbang is my life today.
Cerium
(09-14-2017, 04:20 AM)

Originally Posted by Conkerkid11

Holy shit

I doubt either of these will fit on a physical copy. Probably give you a download code.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1432970
OrbitalBeard
(09-14-2017, 04:20 AM)

Originally Posted by Conkerkid11

Holy shit

Bethesda has already confirmed the entire DOOM campaign is on the cart. Multiplayer is a download.
-Horizon-
(09-14-2017, 04:21 AM)
Pessimistic view: I can see wolfenstein2 being a wait and see game, thus it having the vague 2018 release. If skyrim and doom do well, sure it'll be out by summer/fall.
Those games do terrible and whoops, guess we can't get wolfenstein2 on the switch anymore without sacrificing artistic intent or some thing like that.
GulAtiCa
Totally getting Doom for Switch.
18-Volt
Those two before Fallout 4... I'm guessing Nintendo is trying to attract FPS devs to system (assuming these two are published by Nintendo).
SinCityAssassin
(09-14-2017, 04:24 AM)
Doom switch cover is ace.
OrbitalBeard
(09-14-2017, 04:24 AM)

Originally Posted by -Horizon-

Pessimistic view: I can see wolfenstein2 being a wait and see game, thus it having the vague 2018 release. If skyrim and doom do well, sure it'll be out by summer/fall.
Those games do terrible and whoops, guess we can't get wolfenstein2 on the switch anymore without sacrificing artistic intent or some thing like that.

They wouldn't have announced it publicly if this was the plan. The more logical explanation is that the decision to port Wolfenstein was made very recently.
Plum
(09-14-2017, 04:27 AM)

Originally Posted by 18-Volt

Those two before Fallout 4... I'm guessing Nintendo is trying to attract FPS devs to system (assuming these two are published by Nintendo).

Fallout 4 would definitely be a harder port than DOOM or Wolfenstein. I can see why they'd go with the linear FPS games first.
hardcastlemccormick
Banned
(09-14-2017, 04:28 AM)
I'm liking the Switch support. Good job everyone. Doom is a great game.
Wamb0wneD
(09-14-2017, 04:29 AM)

Doom footage on Switch from the japanese Nintendo Direct

https://youtu.be/k038cik6uDw

Originally Posted by MrCunningham

All things considering, that doesn't look too bad. The game probably will be running at 720p @30fps when locked, with a mix of low, medium and high settings. I would be surprised if they could get this one to run at 60, but you never know with ID.

I mean if you look at the 12 second mark there sure is a looot of fog going on. Draw distance seems abysmal. Other than that it looks good enough for being on a portable.
Strife In a Teacup
(09-14-2017, 04:30 AM)

Originally Posted by Spring-Loaded

You don't want Bethesda developing Metroid. Jesus

Fallout: Zebes

Use VATS to destroy Metroids!

Decorate Samus' ship by harvesting steel from scrap around the planet!
AgentOtaku
(09-14-2017, 04:31 AM)
FUCKING MEGATON!!!!
MrCunningham
(09-14-2017, 04:33 AM)

Originally Posted by Wamb0wneD

I mean if you look at the 12 second mark there sure is a looot of fog going on. Draw distance seems abysmal. Other than that it looks good enough for being on a portable.

Oh yeah, lots of sacrifices being made to the game, but what else can you expect on Tegra based hardware? I hope someone gets around to making a few comparisons.
Champion
(09-14-2017, 04:34 AM)
Biggest announcements of the Direct. Holy shit.
ThoseDeafMutes
(09-14-2017, 04:35 AM)

Originally Posted by 18-Volt

No I think it's the combination of IdTech6 being more scalable, and Fallout 4 being a much bigger and longer game that is only targeting 30hz to begin with. For Doom and Wolf they can claw back a shitload of performance by dropping to 720p and 30fps. Fallout 4 has much less room to scale down and is running on a frankenstein gamebryo fork that experiences short dips to 15fps in worst case scenarios on PS4.
DKPOWPOW
(09-14-2017, 04:36 AM)
Uh, hell yes. I've been wanting Doom!! And Wolfenstein too? Alright, finally some FPS on Switch, and good ones!!
Lil'DigiOp
(09-14-2017, 04:36 AM)
WOOOOWWWWWW
Champion
(09-14-2017, 04:37 AM)
Maaaaaaaaaaaan if Nintendo gets some legit Western 3rd party support.....
Gentleman Jack
(09-14-2017, 04:38 AM)

Originally Posted by OrbitalBeard

Bethesda has already confirmed the entire DOOM campaign is on the cart. Multiplayer is a download.

Dang why couldn't they do this for PC :(
Auron_Kale
Santalope
(09-14-2017, 04:44 AM)
Can't say much but I'll just say that I have a good feeling that Doom is going to be great on the Switch and I'm looking forward to Wolfenstein.
MrCunningham
(09-14-2017, 04:46 AM)

Originally Posted by ThoseDeafMutes

No I think it's the combination of IdTech6 being more scalable, and Fallout 4 being a much bigger and longer game that is only targeting 30hz to begin with. For Doom and Wolf they can claw back a shitload of performance by dropping to 720p and 30fps. Fallout 4 has much less room to scale down and is running on a frankenstein gamebryo fork that experiences short dips to 15fps in worst case scenarios on PS4.

Yeah, the Creation Engine probably doesn't scale as well as IDTech6 does. I have to wonder if ID is using Vulkan (Switch supports it) for this game? It will be interesting to see what kind of performance/ settings the game gets when docked and in mobile mode.
bman94
(09-14-2017, 04:46 AM)
Holy shit. Wow. Bethesda you guys are awesome. I have Doom on Xbox One and have no interest in the Elder Scrolls games at all but god damn do I commend you guys for supporting the Switch.

Fuck it. I may just buy Skyrim for the fuck of it on Switch. I know nothing about the game or series but I fucks with the effort. I'll probably double dip on Doom as well.

Not for Wolfenstein 2 tho, I must experience that on Xbox One or PS4 Pro[probably Xbox One tho]
frankie_baby
(09-14-2017, 04:48 AM)

Originally Posted by -Horizon-

Well Skyrim is blatently gonna sell a boatload and DOOM should do decent enough by virtue of being the only major fps on the system this xmas
Merchandise
(09-14-2017, 04:50 AM)
Even if Wolfenstein was day and date I think I'd still get it on PS4, but this bodes well for the future.
ZOONAMI
(09-14-2017, 04:50 AM)
Considering how well doom runs on low end pcs I would think the Tegra can do alright.
Cerium
(09-14-2017, 04:51 AM)
Guys the press is playing this game right now as we speak.

Impressions will probably be up next week.
ZOONAMI
(09-14-2017, 04:52 AM)
Wonder if we will see fallout 4 too just for kicks.
Auron_Kale
Santalope
(09-14-2017, 04:53 AM)

Originally Posted by Cerium

Guys the press is playing this game right now as we speak.

Impressions will probably be up tomorrow latest.

Hmmm... Is that right...
VeeP
(09-14-2017, 04:53 AM)
Wow. If these Doom and Skyrim both sell well, and Switch kills it this holiday season, I can definitely imagine more publishers jumping in. Great news for Switch owners.
LegendX48
(09-14-2017, 04:54 AM)
That poll... I smell something punny :p

Originally Posted by ZOONAMI

Wonder if we will see fallout 4 too just for kicks.

I'd love to see The Evil Within on Switch. We needs platformers and survival horror.
*Guaraná
(09-14-2017, 04:56 AM)
BDGAME
(09-14-2017, 04:58 AM)
Edit: beat!
felipepl
(09-14-2017, 04:58 AM)

Yep, it doesn't look as bad as people are saying. Switch is surely surprising a lot of people in the graphics department.
MoonFrog
(09-14-2017, 04:59 AM)
Pretty cool. Tbh, been looking to get into Bethesda published fps for a while. I've found what they're doing interesting from the outside. I was kind of waiting on upgrading my PC (which I plan to do soon). Might just do them on Switch though.
mokeyjoe
(09-14-2017, 04:59 AM)

Originally Posted by felipepl

Yep, it doesn't look as bad as people are saying. Switch is surely surprising a lot of people in the graphics department.

Sure, but what’s the frame rate? That was a big part of Doom for me.
TheFuzz
(09-14-2017, 05:00 AM)

That looks..... really good. Any word on frame rate?
Kevtones
(09-14-2017, 05:00 AM)
This is so big. Wow. Thank you Bethesda <3

Will get both this and likely Wolfy II. If you're listening Bethseda, throw up Wolfy 1 as a budget release and I'll get that too. Great game.

Brilliant move on the MP download-only too.
Skittzo0413
(09-14-2017, 05:01 AM)
I'm willing to bet they'll do whatever downgrading necessary to get 60fps. This is a very fast paced game at points.

Originally Posted by MoonFrog

Pretty cool. Tbh, been looking to get into Bethesda published fps for a while. I've found what they're doing interesting from the outside. I was kind of waiting on upgrading my PC (which I plan to do soon). Might just do them on Switch though.

I feel like I remember you being a Metroid Prime fan, and if you haven't played DOOM yet it reminds me (and others) a lot of how Metroid Prime plays. So yeah I'd give this a try.
hydragonwarrior
(09-14-2017, 05:03 AM)
Portable multiplayer will be interesting, but let's see if this inspires a lot of local multiplayer again.
jett
D-Member
(09-14-2017, 05:04 AM)

Originally Posted by Skittzo0413

I'm willing to bet they'll do whatever downgrading necessary to get 60fps. This is a very fast paced game at points.

Both Doom and Wolf are probably gonna be 30fps like how Wolfenstein: TNO is 30fps on PS3 and 360. edit: nevermind, that game actually ran at 60fps on that old-ass hardware. You know what, who knows.