• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
View Poll Results: Can we finally agree that Nintendo is Doomed?
Yes
638 32.52%
No
105 5.35%
Colossally So
1,219 62.13%
Voters: 1962. You may not vote on this poll

Naked Snake
(09-14-2017, 06:03 PM)

Originally Posted by NotLiquid

2017 is wild

This is great. Who is the second character behind Mario? Looks kinda like Sonic but the colors are wrong.
Burdmayn
(09-14-2017, 06:07 PM)
I still can't believe that Switch is getting Skyrim, DOOM, and L.A. Noire this fall... A Nintendo system is getting these games!
Cerium
(09-14-2017, 06:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Naked Snake

This is great. Who is the second character behind Mario? Looks kinda like Sonic but the colors are wrong.

Ignorance is bliss.
AddiF
(09-14-2017, 06:18 PM)
Can you imagine all the random Mushroom Kingdom powerups being put in Doom?

Get the star and just plow through hordes of demons, only to see them blow up in a cloud of red mist.. and body parts... that star chime will make it even better.

Pop a shroom and temporarily get bigger... STOMP THE BARONS!

The flower... BURN MORE IN HELL!... I guess?

How funny would it be to find Yoshi and let him eat lost souls and cacodemons?
Lylo
(09-14-2017, 07:15 PM)

That's Shadow

MTC100
Banned
(09-14-2017, 07:33 PM)

Don't worry, no one you should know.
jett
D-Member
(09-14-2017, 07:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Vampirolol

Does Doom keep going like Wolfenstein The New Order? I liked that game but at some point I stopped playing because it was dragging.
Now if we're talking about something more similar to Titanfall 2 sp, that would be great.

Well no, Doom is definitely not a four-hour campaign. Took me 16 hours to beat.
Katzenjammer
(09-14-2017, 07:41 PM)
Replaying this with Splatoon-style motion controls might be really fun!
SpokkX
(09-14-2017, 07:42 PM)
Already bought 2 times (pc and ps4)

Will buy again for switch .. if it is 60 fps

One of my favorite games of all time - a classic, but it really needs 60fps
FreedomFighter
(09-14-2017, 07:44 PM)
Haha! Love the poll!

Wish we got a release date for Doom though.
Creamium
shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
(09-14-2017, 07:45 PM)
Imagine playing Doom '16 ON A PLANE
mavericktopgun
(09-14-2017, 07:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Creamium

Imagine playing Doom '16 ON A PLANE

While taking a shit ;)
Si2k78
(09-14-2017, 07:53 PM)
Bracing for the worst. If it is 30fps, it's a toss up for me. Not quite a deal breaker, but may still still be enjoyable on the go.
Sub Boss
(09-14-2017, 07:59 PM)
This thread makes me want to buy a hard drive to install and play DOOM again but i dont have money and the old one doesn't work with PS4 :(
Skittzo0413
(09-14-2017, 08:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Sub Boss

This thread makes me want to buy a hard drive to install and play DOOM again but i dont have money and the old one doesn't work with PS4 :(

It makes me wanna reinstall DOOM on my laptop but I'd have to find 80GB of space somehow...
Jaded Alyx
(09-14-2017, 08:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Skittzo0413

It makes me wanna reinstall DOOM on my laptop but I'd have to find 80GB of space somehow...

DOOM was the final straw that made me go out and buy a HDD for my laptop a couple weeks back.
Hilarion
(09-14-2017, 09:00 PM)
Zero interest in either, but welcome to the party, Bethesda. I would be interested in Fallout 4 Switch eventually, so I'm glad Bethesda is all in on Switch.
The Hermit
(09-14-2017, 09:21 PM)

Originally Posted by NotLiquid

2017 is wild

What the hell?!
mavericktopgun
(09-14-2017, 09:37 PM)
Found this comparison pic with adjusted contrast on the Switch Version.

This on a portable device... Incredible.
LastGamer84
(09-14-2017, 09:42 PM)
It's like they knew I was thinking about getting rid of my Switch...this is great news.
Skittzo0413
(09-14-2017, 09:44 PM)

Originally Posted by mavericktopgun

The thread about this comparison (contrast or not) got locked for good reason I think, this isn't a terribly good comparison. Let's wait to see some official non-streamed footage or screenshots before making this comparisons.
WestEgg
(09-14-2017, 09:53 PM)

Originally Posted by LastGamer84

It's like they knew I was thinking about getting rid of my Switch...this is great news.

butwhy.gif

I mean, Odyssey is coming out in a month!
e_i
(09-14-2017, 10:13 PM)
I wonder how they'll work the l3 and r3 buttons on the Switch, since the Joycons don't have them.
Green Mamba
(09-14-2017, 10:13 PM)

Originally Posted by e_i

I wonder how they'll work the l3 and r3 buttons on the Switch, since the Joycons don't have them.

Yes they do.
LastGamer84
(09-14-2017, 10:14 PM)

Originally Posted by WestEgg

butwhy.gif

I mean, Odyssey is coming out in a month!

Need the cash. But this announcement means the Xbox one gets the axe (I've got to stop hanging on to it, I only keep it for Halo Nostalgia)
phantasmic_glaive
(09-14-2017, 10:21 PM)

Originally Posted by LastGamer84

Need the cash. But this announcement means the Xbox one gets the axe (I've got to stop hanging on to it, I only keep it for Halo Nostalgia)

Good call, should have done the same. If it wasn't for Cuphead I would've returned it instead.

But I'll just get the Mario bundle fk it.
ShadowFox08
(09-14-2017, 10:24 PM)

Looks amazing. Wanna see one without the adjustments

If its gonna look this good, I'm imagining 30 fps with 900p. /:

I'm mostly hoping for motion controls
orioto
Good Art™
(09-14-2017, 10:27 PM)

Yeah that's why i was skeptical in that other thread.
I mean people were like "the light is different". No, the contrast of the pics were different lol.
This is basically the same exact game here with a blurry vid.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's not the Switch game. I mean, can someone find a proof of lower models for example ? It's the same graphics.It's not how it works...
Jaded Alyx
(09-14-2017, 10:30 PM)

Originally Posted by e_i

???

Originally Posted by orioto

I mean people were like "the light is different". No, the contrast of the pics were different lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's not the Switch game. I mean, can someone find a proof of lower models for example ? It's the same graphics.It's not how it works...

The resolution is probably lower for a start
Moofers
(09-14-2017, 10:37 PM)
https://twitter.com/SuperNintendad/s...22263815421954

Saw this tweet going around drumming up support for a red cart version and that might actually get me to buy this again if it were to happen. Its a dumb thing, I know, but I have it on PS4 already so I need a little more incentive.
shiyrley
Banned
(09-14-2017, 10:38 PM)

Originally Posted by e_i

Why do you feel the need to lie?
LastGamer84
(09-14-2017, 10:41 PM)

Originally Posted by e_i

Soapbox Killer
Grand Nagus
(09-14-2017, 11:18 PM)
Is Doom 2016 running on a device with similar specs as the Switch? Like a NVIDIA Shield or something?
JonnyDBrit
(09-14-2017, 11:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Soapbox Killer

Is Doom 2016 running on a device with similar specs as the Switch? Like a NVIDIA Shield or something?

I think it runs 'on' the Shield via Nvidia's streaming service, rather than through the hardware itself. Closest it had was Doom 3, which ran at 1080p60, though with occasional 1 frame drops which I'm suspicious might have been more a minor optimisation issue than a hardware one. That was OpenGL too, rather than Vulkan which is what I'd heavily suspect is what will be used to run DOOM on the Switch.
Jackstin
(09-14-2017, 11:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Soapbox Killer

It runs on potatoes. Literally (not literally) anything.

The quality of how it runs is what is important.
Oregano
(09-14-2017, 11:32 PM)

Originally Posted by JonnyDBrit

I think it runs 'on' the Shield via Nvidia's streaming service, rather than through the hardware itself. Closest it had was Doom 3, which ran at 1080p60, though with occasional 1 frame drops which I'm suspicious might have been more a minor optimisation issue than a hardware one. That was OpenGL too, rather than Vulkan which is what I'd heavily suspect is what will be used to run DOOM on the Switch.

It is, back at the beginning of year Tiago Sousa(Id's tech guy) was talking up Switch's Vulkan stuff.
E_Darkness
(09-14-2017, 11:40 PM)

Originally Posted by e_i

yeah, you rip and tear
JonnyDBrit
(09-14-2017, 11:42 PM)

Originally Posted by Oregano

It is, back at the beginning of year Tiago Sousa(Id's tech guy) was talking up Switch's Vulkan stuff.

Should have been a clue the entire time!

But seriously, it's great. God it's great that Nintendo are using fairly up to date hardware in this thing - so many little benefits.
LCGeek
formerly sane
(09-14-2017, 11:44 PM)

But seriously, it's great. God it's great that Nintendo are using fairly up to date hardware in this thing - so many little benefits.

It's software is making this possible without their firmware or vulkan the switch would perform more like android.
jett
D-Member
(09-14-2017, 11:46 PM)

Originally Posted by ShadowFox08

Looks amazing. Wanna see one without the adjustments

If its gonna look this good, I'm imagining 30 fps with 900p. /:

I'm mostly hoping for motion controls

With how blurry the trailer looks I'm not sure we're getting 720p.
Cerium
(09-14-2017, 11:47 PM)

Originally Posted by LCGeek

It's software is making this possible without their firmware or vulkan the switch would perform more like android.

500 Nvidia Man Years
Oregano
(09-14-2017, 11:48 PM)

Yeah, I was slightly reductive in my previous post though. Tiago Sousa is the Lead Renderer Programmer at Id.
Plasma
Banned
(09-14-2017, 11:49 PM)

Originally Posted by e_i

You sure you're not thinking about the Vita?
Kimawolf
(09-14-2017, 11:49 PM)
Nvidia software has never failed me. So not surprised their tools are so robust and good.
funkystudent
(09-14-2017, 11:52 PM)
What if it has no cut backs at all but it plays in a tiny window like the old console ports of OG doom

Malakai
Hello, please read this post and this post before bothering to respond to me.
(09-14-2017, 11:53 PM)
I wonder if Nvidia had something to do with this behind the scenes. They seem to be tight with Bethesda.
v1oz
(09-14-2017, 11:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Si2k78

Bracing for the worst. If it is 30fps, it's a toss up for me. Not quite a deal breaker, but may still still be enjoyable on the go.

They should give two options. 30fps and 60 fps.
sleepnaught
(09-14-2017, 11:54 PM)
Incredible Doom, Skyrim, and Wolfenstein. Fallout 4 would be a great addition, but that game is a CPU hog, so, not sure if Switch could run that one. Would be amazing, though. Good on Bethesda for supporting the Switch. No excuses now for other devs.
ozfunghi
(09-14-2017, 11:55 PM)

Originally Posted by orioto

lol, you can clearly see the lighting is different. What are you talking about.
Schucky Ducky
Banned
(09-14-2017, 11:56 PM)

Originally Posted by sleepnaught

Incredible Doom, Skyrim, and Wolfenstein. Fallout 4 would be a great addition, but that game is a CPU hog, so, not sure if Switch could run that one. Would be amazing, though. Good on Bethesda for supporting the Switch. No excuses now for other devs.

I would honestly prefer Fallout 3 GOTY and Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition. I'd be all over those.