• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malo

Banned
ehFfz.gif

ehFfz.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It's not like he tore his rotator cuff, he'll be back soon.

Yankees still got the better end of the deal. Just wait a bit before all you guys freak out.

Fenix

Played a shit-tonne of The Show last night, wanted to see how far I could take my light hitting second baseman. Started with about a .210 average in New Hampshire and crept it up to the .260s, got called up to Las Vegas and went on a tear for a few days. Played in the Futures game. Was really starting to get in to the hitting groove. Then:

The Show said:
Congratulations! You have been traded to the Mets!
FUCK

Enron

Banned
Fantasy Rejects of mlbGAF! Remember, the draft is today at 6pm EST!

t0zIE.jpg

Your live online draft is set for Sat Mar 31 6:00pm EDT

Everyone take note - The yahoo defaults were SP SP RP RP P P P for pitchers. I forgot to change this when i created the league - I have since changed it to SP SP SP SP SP RP RP P.

I have also changed the DL slots from 2 to 1.

This info is also posted in the league message board, and I will remind the draft room of it as well before the draft starts. Please plan accordingly.

Final League Settings -

ZqkdO.jpg

Paches

The Seattle Nintendos screw the Yankees once again. I feel horrible for Pineda, but I am glad the Yankees are getting the short end of the deal.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The Seattle Nintendos screw the Yankees once again. I feel horrible for Pineda, but I am glad the Yankees are getting the short end of the deal.

It's a 2 week DL stint. Montero hasn't done anything for the Mariners yet.

It's amazing how people are so quick to rush to judgment on something that won't have a clear winner/loser for at least a season.

Praise Jesus! The Twins optioned Butera to AAA. It might compromise them defensively, but this also means they think Mauer can catch most days. Also Butera is one of the worst hitters I've ever had the pleasure of seeing at the major league level.

jman2050

Water is wet, sky is blue, young pitcher is sidelined for a spell with minor injury.

This isn't exactly something to get all up in arms about yet.

newjeruse

Sometimes you need to watch a Rays game to understand how poorly a television broadcast can be produced--from top to bottom.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I asked that same exact question about a week ago :p
so... Addison Reed, Hector Santiago, or Matt Thornton who do you think will be the Sox closer?

Whoever the worst guy of the 3 is should be their closer.

He's only going to pitch about 40 innings for the White Sox all season long.

I asked that same exact question about a week ago :p
so... Addison Reed, Hector Santiago, or Matt Thornton who do you think will be the Sox closer?

I'm sure Thornton will get it. Hopefully they don't stick with it if it doesn't work though, like Ozzie had a tendency of doing.

Paches

It's a 2 week DL stint. Montero hasn't done anything for the Mariners yet.

It's amazing how people are so quick to rush to judgment on something that won't have a clear winner/loser for at least a season.

He has also had a history of being unable to finish seasons strong. After the all star break last year he was extremely mediocre, and was also shut down early in the minors near the end of seasons with elbow issues. He was never the shining example of durability that Felix has been, who has proven he can throws 200+ innings without issue. Also, coming in to camp overweight wasn't a good start.

BFIB

I just want baseball dude.

Opening Day for me is Friday. Can't wait!!

Eznark, have fun watching the Brewers beat the snot out of the Cards on your Opener. Just heard the Cards travel schedule, brutal.

Wed: Opener against the Marlins
Red eye to Springfield Thursday for the yearly exhibition in Missouri
Red eye back to Florida, didn't state why
Fly up to Milwaukee early for Friday nights game

jman2050

He has also had a history of being unable to finish seasons strong. After the all star break last year he was extremely mediocre, and was also shut down early in the minors near the end of seasons with elbow issues. He was never the shining example of durability that Felix has been, who has proven he can throws 200+ innings without issue. Also, coming in to camp overweight wasn't a good start.

By 'extremely mediocre' you mean 'mostly the same except for an excessively low strand rate', correct?

Not that I'd use a two-year period above A-ball to represent anything remotely like a history of course.

Enron

Banned
Rejects draft in 45 minutes!!!!!! Who will have 1st pick?????

Edit: not me apparently

Edit Edit:

Oh come on, 7 autodrafters? This is disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom