• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Why are people asking for more grind, Jesus.

Here’s a novel idea: you can play the game without chasing anything. If you have fun in the Crucible or Raid or whatever, it shouldn’t be any less fun just because there’s no “reward” - I mean the whole point of these “rewards” is to use them anyways. So once you have it all: use it :)

Why are people against the grind? If you don't want to do the grind then... don't do it. I don't know having optional content to go after is a bad thing. People are acting like it's the devil.

Deku Tree

30 faction engrams is the most you can get.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46312

Faction Engram Reward Limit: After a Character has earned 30 Faction Engrams in a single Faction Rally event, any additional Faction Engrams earned will only reward that Character with Shaders. This limit will be reset at the beginning of the next Faction Rally event.

Why are people against the grind? If you don't want to do the grind then... don't do it. I don't know having optional content to go after is a bad thing. People are acting like it's the devil.

Folks are seemingly worried that randomized perks/random drops will create imbalance in the game's PvP scene and/or will be more attainable by players who, well, play the game more than others, I guess. I sorely miss the grind and the randomized gear/weapon perks.

The game is incredibly more basic and samey now because of a lack of it.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well Gunsmith Material Caps @x999

At least you start a new stack!
fCDwGhs.jpg

Folks are seemingly worried that randomized perks/random drops will create imbalance in the game's PvP scene and/or will be more attainable by players who, well, play the game more than others, I guess. I sorely miss the grind and the randomized gear/weapon perks.

I never considered random perks a grind, it was an incentive. If you got your ass kicked in pvp chances are a "god roll" gun wasn't going to save you.

The randomized gear/weapons would be a welcome return. At least then I wouldn't be instantly deleting any duplicate items found.

are factions chosen for you? I just logged in and it said meet with with dead orbit leader; was gonna choose that anyway but would've like the option to choose..

I got the NM scout rifle this morning (3 rank ups, some arms, butt towels, chest piece) but did not have time to play with it. Any impressions?

GhaleonEB

are factions chosen for you? I just logged in and it said meet with with dead orbit leader; was gonna choose that anyway but would've like the option to choose..

It won't let you choose until you've read the pitch from all three factions. Just hit "accept" with Dead Orbit. You're then sent to FWC and the other one, after which you pick a faction to join.

It threw me off, tool. The prompt to "accept" their pitch made me think I was joining.

commish

I prefer a random mods approach. Right now the mods suck, for the most part, but there's so much potential there. Give us fun mods, then disable them for PvP. Everyone wins.

Because oftentimes the best equipment is locked behind the most grind centered activities and many of us don't want to be locked out of content because we don't have time to grind out that equipment.

I got the NM scout rifle this morning (3 rank ups, some arms, butt towels, chest piece) but did not have time to play with it. Any impressions?

I got one from a Cayde chest last week so my memory is a bit hazy, but I do remember not liking it. Perks are good but it just doesn't feel great, especially coming from Nameless.

well damn...New Monarchy has the better shaders while FWC has the better weapons...DO is just blah...

guess I'm switching to FWC for my titan and NM for my warlock...

Theorry

any suggested load outs for the NF? midnight, uriel and what's the best heavy for boss?

Merciless is always good. But its all about the nades and crowd control supers.
If you have a Warlock or a Titan let them equip Pulse nades. You can spam and do alot of damage on the boss. Use supers for add control.

commish

Because oftentimes the best equipment is locked behind the most grind centered activities and many of us don't want to be locked out of content because we don't have time to grind out that equipment.

That wasn't true of Destiny 1 at all. Besides, the biggest grind in Destiny right now is the grind to 280 light to grind out the raid. Tons of folks are locked out of doing the raid because they don't have the gear yet. Are you against this?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That wasn't true of Destiny 1 at all. Besides, the biggest grind in Destiny right now is the grind to 280 light to grind out the raid. Tons of folks are locked out of doing the raid because they don't have the gear yet. Are you against this?
At this point all I care about is accuracy/misinformation; please note that the raid is unlocked at 260, and the first and second encounters are 260 and 270 respectively. It is also relevant to what you are describing as grind in this context that you can get well past 280 and indeed all the way to the current cap without ever touching the raid, something that was not remotely true of vanilla-era D1.

Faction Engram Reward Limit: After a Character has earned 30 Faction Engrams in a single Faction Rally event, any additional Faction Engrams earned will only reward that Character with Shaders. This limit will be reset at the beginning of the next Faction Rally event.

That's a weird decision..

I really want NM cape but I'm 10+ engram deep without it.

Dynasty8

So are there raid specific armor pieces/gear you can get during the raid? Like similar to getting those boots in Kingsfall that allowed you to walk faster while torn between worlds and etc...?

Sorry for asking, I'm getting conflicting answers.

So are there raid specific armor pieces/gear you can get during the raid? Like similar to getting those boots in Kingsfall that allowed you to walk faster while torn between worlds and etc...?

Sorry for asking, I'm getting conflicting answers.

There is raid specific gear, but they don't have unique perks.

Why are people asking for more grind, Jesus.

Here’s a novel idea: you can play the game without chasing anything. If you have fun in the Crucible or Raid or whatever, it shouldn’t be any less fun just because there’s no “reward” - I mean the whole point of these “rewards” is to use them anyways. So once you have it all: use it :)

Cause people want something to chase? IMO, it's kind of the reason a game like this exists.

shermas

Merciless is always good. But its all about the nades and crowd control supers.
If you have a Warlock or a Titan let them equip Pulse nades. You can spam and do alot of damage on the boss. Use supers for add control.

Nice... I can run striker with those double arc nades then. Run around slamming adds, too, I guess.

It was definitely true if you got unlucky with weapon rolls, I had plenty of free time during the first game and I still couldn't grind out certain weapon and perk combos. Some of the weapon quests also took a long time like the mat grinding for exotic swords. At least in this one once you get something you don't have to worry about getting the shit version of it.

ZeoVGM

Banned

On one hand, I feel like you should be able to get an entire armor set with 30 engrams.

... On the other hand, what the hell is the point of that decision?

On one hand, I feel like you should be able to get an entire armor set with 30 engrams.

... On the other hand, what the hell is the point of that decision?

The point is for you to come back in the next faction rally, not that i agree with that, but seems quite obvious that´s their intention.

Skatterd

Raid thought

Why do people rotate clockwise on marathon? Our group has just been staying on our platform, jumping down to kill psion and then aiming right for the next gate. Seems way easier? Not that it's difficult anyway

commish

At this point all I care about is accuracy/misinformation; please note that the raid is unlocked at 260, and the first and second encounters are 260 and 270 respectively. It is also relevant to what you are describing as grind in this context that you can get well past 280 and indeed all the way to the current cap without ever touching the raid, something that was not remotely true of vanilla-era D1.

The light level required for the raid is not the point of this discussion, but thanks for pointing that out.

It's sad that we are comparing Destiny 2 to vanilla-era D1 in an effort, I guess, to defend any criticism of D2. Yet here we are.

Still, if your goal is to get to level cap, then you still have to grind it out. The game doesn't give you level 305 items from the start. There is grind in Destiny 2. Not everyone will get everything or see all content. That's just how it is, and how nearly every game ever made is. Not wanting random rolls on weapons because there's a chance that some people won't get that roll seems a strange reason not to do it.

molnizzle

I never considered random perks a grind, it was an incentive. If you got your ass kicked in pvp chances are a "god roll" gun wasn't going to save you.

The randomized gear/weapons would be a welcome return. At least then I wouldn't be instantly deleting any duplicate items found.

Fucking hell no. Chasing god rolls was the absolute worst. Now when you get a good piece of gear you actually feel good, because you know it’s good. Imagine that!

Christ I hope Bungie doesn’t listen to you guys. Random perks were the worst. Literally drove me away from the game.

Raid thought

Why do people rotate clockwise on marathon? Our group has just been staying on our platform, jumping down to kill psion and then aiming right for the next gate. Seems way easier? Not that it's difficult anyway

Lol wait... people are actually
rotating outside of the runners?!?!
That seems very inefficient and it likely adds more areas to screw up.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Raid thought

For the groups I've been in,
communication has been much clearer and easier to handle with a rotation. It's not strictly required if everyone can keep track of where they need to look when, though.

neoism

😂 bug? i just got to io and have gotten 2 New Monarchy and 2 IO tokens in the first 30 seconds without doing anything🤔

purg3

slept with Malkin
Raid thought

The two times I've done it, we did it that way and it was super smooth for the most part. Less confusion.

Top Bottom