• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Mini Classic Thread | No preorder or shipping discussion here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin64

Back a few pages. Super Mario Kart running at under 60fps, Yoshi's Island having the background disappear during certain effects, etc.

Mario Kart was just a bad video, I assure you it's a constant 60fps.

Yoshi's Island's issue is legit though.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Back a few pages. Super Mario Kart running at under 60fps, Yoshi's Island having the background disappear during certain effects, etc.

Mario Kart was just a bad video, I assure you it's a constant 60fps.

Yoshi's Island's issue is legit though.

Any more info on the Yoshi's Island thing being an intentional ant-epilepsy fix, or was that probably just wishful thinking on someone's part?

Kaydan

Banned
It probably has something to do with the super fx chip emulation. I anticipate seeing a few emulation glitches for the games running on that chip.

You might be interested in the EarthBound Handbook from Fangamer. It's not official, but it's a pretty solid option to get a physical player's guide, and it even includes it's own set of scratch and sniff smells.

Thanks for the suggestion im going to grab one of those as soon as i get a snes classic. I love the work they put into that thing

Blues1990

Man still nothing from US Amazon.

tenor.gif

Im sure there will be a confirmation on either Wednesday or Thursday.

Now that it looks like there is going to be decent amount of stock I'm wondering if I can just leave work and show up at Best Buy when they open at 10am and grab one. I really want to get one on launch day though, so I'm hesitant to risk it. On the other hand, I'll be pissed if I sit outside a store all night only to find it wasn't necessary in the morning. Decision, decisions...

BumRush

Anyone that has one, I have a question...

I plan on playing mine (if I keep it) on a monitor. Does it have a headphone jack in the system itself? THANK YOU!

What about the controllers? Or do we have any form of headphone option on this thing at all?
No. But many monitors, TV and audio receivers have headphones jacks.

Or you can perhaps get an HDMI passthrough with analog audio out... Not sure if those exist or how much they would cost.

What framerate did the original games run at? I honestly don't remember. Well, as a kid I guess I did not give a crap at all. Now I'm more interested. :p

shockdude

Anyone that has one, I have a question...

I plan on playing mine (if I keep it) on a monitor. Does it have a headphone jack in the system itself? THANK YOU!
HDMI audio extractors aren't hard to find on Amazon. Some even have optical outs for lossless audio to soundbars and certain headphones. Downside is they might be expensive.
ViewHD is a good brand imo. I have one of their HDMI switches.

You'll probably also need an in-line 3.5mm volume control so you don't blow up your ears.

Talka

Why does the OP say the US version is inferior? Game selection, console styling, or something else?

Also, is this going to be like the NES Classic where I can only access the console menu by pressing a physical button on the console?

Why does the OP say the US version is inferior? Game selection, console styling, or something else?
Bingo. Apparently Americans like things that stack on top of each other more nicely which the curvy SFC does not.

Miyamoto was impressed by the concave buttons on the controller though (somewhere in here: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2017...iew-Volume-1-Star-Fox-Star-Fox-2-1273086.html btw I feel like a fool for not noticing the connection between the Star Fox team and Japanese folk tales)

Also, is this going to be like the NES Classic where I can only access the console menu by pressing a physical button on the console?
It just looks aesthetically worse than EU or Famicom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom