• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Reveal Thread: Durango Unchained

SmokyDave

I love the bizarre negativity in here. They showed the console, the controller and the new Kinect. They talked about their direction for the console in terms of social and entertainment integration. The multi-tasking alone is kinda huge... Did you want them to blow their entire load in terms of game announcements and footage? The fuck? What would they have for E3?
Like TV? It was great.

Like games? Buy a PS4.

Omiee

im sorry but i dont think this is something for me since im from europe.

i dont care about ultimate team and dlc i cant wait for a month.

i wanna see some exclusives this e3.

im a bit underwhelmed by this conference.

ill rate it 4 out of 10

Liha

Banned
Sony's stock up 8%

https://www.google.com/finance?cid=33095

PS: E3 will be awesome

1369156502034%20%281%29.gif

Graphics (of CoD Ghosts) were fucking horrible. I honestly think Killzone 2 looked better. Hell, Gears of War 3 looks pretty comparable apart from some of the texture details on the characters.

I rate the conference -1 out of 10 Ballmers. Only thing that might convince me to jump in somwehere down the line is Halo, if it goes back to the grandeur of 2/3.

Danielsan

Well that was absolutely abysmal. Don't know what else to make of it. A whole lot of marketing horseshit and US only non-gaming features. Ooh and some in-engine (no gameplay) Call Of Duty footage.

Dysun

I wasn't expecting to see games, but I'm still disappointed.

Killzone is the only thing I've seen that made me say WOW NEXT-GEN! and that was in February

I find it telling that they felt it was necessary to go over the graphical changes from MW3 to Ghosts.

Sure, I could tell the difference, but I suppose a lot of people in the audience couldn't.
And it wasn't even Black Ops, which looks better than MW3....

7/10. I'm not nearly as pissed off and disappointed as most seem to be. Not sure what more to expect out of a 1hr reveal commercial on live television.
At least one live demo of CoD would have been nice...

Snubbers

All I can say to MS is,

What a bunch of 'tards..

TV, TV, TV, KINECT, KINECT, KINECT, 3 OPERATING SYSTEMS..

It's 90% tat, Fuck Me, it's probably left with 2 cores, 1GB RAM and 0.6Tf of GPU for the actual games..

I live in the UK, I have SKY HD, I have a million HD Channels, I don't watch NFL/NFC/UFC..

I JUST WANT TO SWITCH THE MOTHERFUCKER ON AND PLAY A FUCKING SINGLE PLAYER GAME..

And FORZA, what have they done??? Oh dear lord, just no..

Sony's disjointed 'promises' and continual re-iteration of their 'war' are actually looking to be a better proposition if you want to actually play games that might stand a chance of looking like proper next gen stuff rather then Xbox 360.5..

Yes, I am disappointed, they've totally changed their core demographic, leaving me out in the cold..

Blah, blah, blah, we might have fixed the d-pad, blah, blah, blah.

EA loves Microsoft and is going to put all their FIFA in it.

XBox One is a water cooler that lets you watch TV while you play Halo with Steven Spielberg and taunt your friends.

Steven Spielberg used to play Pong in 1974 and everyone made fun of him, that's why AI had 3 endings.

Football is about to be changed forever with exclusive Call of Duty DLC and advanced dog rendering.

Next Gen arms are going to be oozing, bleeding and covered in so much filth that the emotions will make you cry.

Sethos

Banned
I guess you all missed the part where they said 15 exclusives in the first year and 8 of them being new IP?

I guess you missed the part where they didn't tell us about them or show any actual gameplay, thus people call this conference a trainwreck.

Rykoshet

Neo Member
BKzwtHJCAAA3OqE.png:large

I don't know about you guys, but I'm sold.

In all seriousness. E3 is basically a few weeks away and they obviously didn't want to blow all their games on this.

Marleyman

Banned
If E3 comes around and they don't highlight these exclusives and 8 original IP's THEN I will be up in arms. Doing it now is just dumb.

I wasn't expecting much from this conference and came away pretty "meh". Strangely, I think that my wife would be more interested in Xbox1 for the TV and channel surfing features, but not enough to drop $400 when she has a perfectly good TiVo.

shandy706

No Alan Wake 2 is so disappointing (derFeef :/). It will probably never come out now :(

At least their new game looks kinda interesting. But still...

Actually, I believe the new remedy game could be Alan Wake related.

Why didn't they show the dad. For a second I thought it might be the guy that "plays" Wake's character.

Verendus

Banned
I can't stop laughing. I said to keep expectations in check but that hype thread is even more glorious now. Oh man. I wanted to see Forza and I did. The less said about everything else, the better.

What a shitty conference.

Jomjom

Banned
Damn I bet Sony is shaking in their boots right now. Targetting the bro audience was very smart because that is the audience that made the 360 the market leader. With all of those media features, the Xbox One is going to destroy the PS4.

Moneyhatting CoD content first guarantees that PS4 will have a small CoD playerbase again.

Most surprising element was the COD presentation. They had to do a side by side comparison with a six year old graphics engine to highlight the differences. It did not impress

Next-gen.

I did not like the reveal at all. Too much "media buzz words", too many non-gaming products, too much focus on these partnerships that lead to one month dlc exclusivity, "15 exclusives in its first year" is a nice number if split one game a month, but you need quite a few exclusives at launch to divert people from, buying a PS4.

Sony was more open about showing what architecture is present in the box, and showcased the features far better. Microsoft was all about "LOOK! SPIELBERG!"

Fuck off, Spielberg. This was a console reveal, not a TV Show reveal. We all know that they are saving a lot for E3, but lack of live demo, lack of using the controller, the whole DVR and Kinect bullshit is just a turn off.

Also, the lack of changes to Xbox Live bring everything back to the way it was.

E3 better deliver for the big three because if this is an indication of where things are leading then I don't want to invest time and money into these mindless blokes.

ironcreed

Banned
A bloated all-in-one box, where gaming is just another feature and you have to pay a fee to play used games. Plus the thing is huge and ugly as sin. It's official that I am absolutely done with Microsoft.

Dipswitch

Conference got the job done. But it certainly wasn't exciting and it won't get anyone off the fence. And judging from the other (expected) bad news leaking in the other threads, they've got a tough road ahead of them.

They best have a good price at launch or things will likely not go well.

Horrendously bad.

It really was. Not that the whole TV integration thing isn't cool, but it's not something that is so exciting it makes you want to buy a whole new system for.

This was absolutely the unveiling of a media box that can also play games.

Actually, I believe the new remedy game could be Alan Wake related.

Why didn't they show the dad. For a second I thought it might be the guy that "plays" Wake's character.

I had the same thought when they didn't show the dads face. The only thing that got me excited this entire conference is when they said the name Alan Wake.

Vyrance

Didn't feel that at all. Hoping to see a lot of those exclusive games they mentioned at E3. And please let there be an RPG or platformer mixed in

Top Bottom