• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of war: Ascension - SP TEASER

Thoraxes

While I wanna buy it new, given how fast GoW3 dropped in price, I can't buy this day 1. Plus I don't care about online.

It looks great though.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Boxart for those who haven't seen it.

555558pu4l.jpg

meta4

The thing that worries me about this game is that the bosses just won't have the same impact as GOW3.

Sure fighting a god damn Kraken is cool, but is it as cool as fighting the Gods themselves? Hades/Poseidon etc.

Well according to Todd if you think you saw scale with GOW3 wait for GOW : A

The boss fights are going to be insane if that is true!

Dave1988

Yup, it's God of War all right.

Btw, why is his skin ash white in the scene where he kisses his daughter? Either SM screwed up the continuity or it's some sort of hallucination.

ironcreed

Banned
Looks better than 3 (as in more appealing fun-wise), which kind of burned me out on Kratos. However, it's been long enough and this looks amazing.

After seeing God of War collections in 3d, I hope this game also supports it. Trailer is probably a glimpse with no spoilers at all. SSM said there's bigger monster than in GOW3.

Wynnebeck

Banned
WHAT. THE. FUCK.

How are these studios still able to put out these type of graphics? Also, that underwater fight? In the words of Kyon: YASSSSS!

NZrgK.gif

ohlawd

While I wanna buy it new, given how fast GoW3 dropped in price, I can't buy this day 1. Plus I don't care about online.

It looks great though.

do you remember how long it took to price drop?

And I'm not really worried about the bosses because I know SSM can do a lot better than GoWIII. Believe it or not, III only had like.... 3 good boss fights, at least to me.

Vire

Imagine what their PS4 game will look like! ;)

They need to save some storyline for that, yo!

I'd prefer if they just started with a new mythology but keep the namesake and underpinning gameplay concepts. God of ___ and use something like Norse mythology. Kratos needs a rest!

B.O.O.M

Definitely, Sony should do that from now on. Like, for Uncharted 4's inevitable debut trailer, have Nolan North say it at the end.

Yeah!

O_O Did you have seen all those things in this teaser?

Yep it's a fantastic teaser. It shows all the elements without giving too much away. I am not going to look at anymore SP footage after this that's for sure :D

This. charybdis

Excellent. I did not know of this monster before.

.la1n

Graphics looks very clean and fluid, dat ending. I always felt like Kratos would be likable if they would play off the tragic parts of his life, looks like they might attempt to do that in this one. CoO was a better game for it.

edit: ^^ fuck yeah we need some Typhoeus up in this one.

Top Bottom