• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Azealia Banks is making some pretty wild accusations against Russell Crowe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ran rp

Long as she's attractive she'll keep getting chances.

Thats why RZA invited her there anyway. Paid for her ticket out to LA and everything. Thought he was going to be able to run some "Im so famous Im partying with Russel Crowe " game on her before running through her during the night. She freaked out, and now he embarrassed for being associated with trying to put his dick in crazy.

The rest still stands though. RZA was definitely trying to sleep with her.

Listening to those events unfold the way it did as told by Sway on sirius xm we all know what he wanted by doing that.

I'm not clowning him either because she is a very pretty lady, but he knew what was trying to go down with this. He's only acting brand new now because she embarrassed him in front of his big friends.

For flying her out to LA(paying for her ticket too) to hang around his big influential friends in order to bed her.

ok dude

XAL

PSY・S;222046271 said:

hahah wow

RECEIPTS SHOWN

Something tells me that the RZA doesn't have to put in that much work to sleep with someone, let alone Azalea Banks of all people.

IrishNinja

Where is this rza tried to smash stuff coming from?

vetted sources - bong bong

She's a compulsive liar, I don't believe anything that comes out if her wretched mouth.

And i doubt someone in Rza position would go through so much trouble to get pussy, he gets with much better then her. This twat is an attention seek idiot that will self destruct and blame everyone but herself for it. Good riddance.

yeah, all of these things are obvious with even a moment's reflection

Kozak

Banned
Lets not be silly, Azealia has talent and selling power for now which is why RZA threw her a bone.

She could have potentially made him a lot of money if she didn't ruin everything she sets her eyes on.

The girl needs help but she ain't gonna get it while famous it looks like.

Lets not be silly, Azealia has talent and selling power for now which is why RZA threw her a bone.

She could have potentially made him a lot of money if she didn't ruin everything she sets her eyes on.

The girl needs help but she ain't gonna get it while famous it looks like.

This. Azelia is damn talented and anyone can see it. But she's basically burned every bridge that one can burn. RZA has expressed on a few occasions that he think she's talent but misunderstood.

With all that said, fuck RZA anyway.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
There are very few people in this world who's words I'd trust less than Azealia Banks'. I think Trump might even get a higher fact-check rating compared to her.

lol, she really expects us to believe she reacted so politely to a white man flirting with her. Knowing her, that's probably when things started getting ugly.

The biggest source of doubt about all this is herself. Her story is basically a naive girl attended a party full of big bad boys drinking moonshine (that she of course never partook in) and she got scared by them when then they turned violent on her for no reason.

This story does not fit her image at all. If she fessed up and said she was an asshole then you'd be more inclined to believe the rest of her story.
Her PR people suck.

Infinite

The biggest source of doubt about all this is herself. Her story is basically a naive girl attended a party full of big bad boys drinking moonshine (that she of course never partook in) and she got scared by them when then they turned violent on her for no reason.

This story does not fit her image at all. If she fessed up and said she was an asshole then you'd be more inclined to believe the rest of her story.
Her PR people suck.
Implying she has PR people.

Anyway look other posters have said this girl is really talented and it's a damn shame she's hell bent on burning every bridge she can. She really needs help of some kind.

LotusHD

Banned
To be clear, do people doubt her story because she's... "problematic", because she has a known history for lying, or is it both?

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
This girl is profoundly crippled by some mental illness and can't seem to get the damn treatment she needs. Sad. Truly sad.

lenovox1

Both and none of the witnesses agreeing with her story.

For me, that's the biggest thing regardless of her character issues and her propensity for lying.

There's no marks or anything on her body after this alleged attack and not a single soul has backed up her statements? Really?

rhandino

Banned
She needs help or people around her that cares about her because she has become a real mess this past months.

So sad, even more considering how talented she is.

Ivan 3414

Didn't think this was worth a new thread. It turns out RZA lied about what happened:

RZA Finally Admits Russell Crowe Did Spit on Azealia Banks at Party

Charlamagne tha God simply asked, ”Did Russell put hands on her, like she said? Did he spit on her?"

”Look, he spit at her," RZA replied, and then went on to explain that it wasn't that big a wad of spit.

”Did you check him at that point? That's a white dude spitting on a black woman," Charlamagne asked. Who knew he'd be the voice of ”Why the fuck you let that happen, son?" reason? RZA went on to say that Crowe did apologize to him ... but I guess Banks had already gotten thrown out by then?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Didn't think this was worth a new thread. It turns out RZA lied about what happened:

RZA Finally Admits Russell Crowe Did Spit on Azealia Banks at Party

According to TMZ, it was Banks who actually caused drama at the party by threatening to cut a guest with a knife. Allegedly, an argument broke out when Banks laughed at Crowe’s music selection and referred to it as “boring white men” music. TMZ says a woman tried to defend Crowe and that, allegedly, Banks threatened her.

“You would love it if I broke my glass, stabbed you guys in the throat, and blood would squirt everywhere like some real Tarantino [s—t],” the source says Banks said.

The spitting isn't what was the worst part. It is if he said the n-word and choked her without reason.

yepyepyep

I wonder how all of ya'll feel after calling her a loon.

The misogynoir is noted

She still is a loon. She has a history of volatile and unstable behaviour and constantly shitting on others rather than taking responsibility for her actions. I wouldn't say it is misogyny if people were sceptical of what she said.

That level of vitriol is not found in any Kanye-related thread.

I think he is an unreliable loon as well.

She is definitely still a loon, but for other reasons.

Russell Crowe is a known asshole, so this isn't too surprising, but fuck RZA for lying about this.

She still is a loon. She has a history of volatile and unstable behaviour and constantly shitting on others rather than taking responsibility for her actions. I wouldn't say it is misogyny if people were sceptical of what she said.

I think he is an unreliable loon as well.
She has recently been cleaning her image up and apologizing to all the people she beefed with in the past. A few weeks after Zayn, she apologized. She recently apologized to Nicki as well. She’s not as messy as she once was, and she’s very open about her struggles with mental illness.

I think it’s unfair to call her a loon when she is struggling with that.

blackflag

I wonder how all of ya'll feel after calling her a loon.

The misogynoir is noted

She's always been a loon and made crazy accusations. It's hard to totally believe someone like that when it's that persons word against several others.

Your misogyny accusation is ridiculous in context.

Although I never did defend him because I don't Stan for people I don't know personally.

VeeP

I wonder how all of ya’ll feel after calling her a loon.

The misogynoir is noted

She is a loon, anyone else but her I'd be more inclined to believe.

Edit: Sorry, I didn’t see your post above. Your right, if she is going through a mental illness, etc. it is wrong to call her a loon. But at the same time, even if she is trying to clean up her image, she has a reputation. You cannot automatically assume just because she’s a female and black that is the reason people in this thread refuse to believe her. People refused to believe her because of her previous incidents, involving racism, bullying, etc.

Faiz

Keep trying to quote relevant bits but browser crashes so..,

Article title says RZA admits Crowe spat on her.

Article actually reads RZA said "he spat at her." So which is it? Both shitty but latter is decidedly less so.

Like others said also doesn't address allegations of n-word and choking.

She has recently been cleaning her image up and apologizing to all the people she beefed with in the past. A few weeks after Zayn, she apologized. She recently apologized to Nicki as well. She's not as messy as she once was, and she's very open about her struggles with mental illness.

I think it's unfair to call her a loon when she is struggling with that.

Wow... RZA actually lied about it and then tried to lighten the situation up about the spitting. I don't care if it was a minor drop or a major phlegmy glob you do not spit on people. This statement is not taking into account race or sex as people should just not be spitting on people in general.

Edit: Re-rad the article and as Faiz pointed out I am confused, was it spitting on her or at her?

I am not defending anyone's actions but I would like to know.

I wonder how all of ya’ll feel after calling her a loon.

The misogynoir is noted

Nah. She is crazy. But she was also telling the truth. Both things are true.

FWIW, if I'd heard of this when it happened, I would've been inclined to believe her. Russell Crowe has a history too.

yepyepyep

She has recently been cleaning her image up and apologizing to all the people she beefed with in the past. A few weeks after Zayn, she apologized. She recently apologized to Nicki as well. She’s not as messy as she once was, and she’s very open about her struggles with mental illness.

I think it’s unfair to call her a loon when she is struggling with that.

I haven't been keeping tabs on her. But she had a looooooooong list of incidences of bullying, harassing and just general mean spirited behaviour that was, in most cases. unprovoked. If she is able to truly able to redeem herself, good for her, but can you really blame people for thinking she is crazy based on her history?

Not everyone follows everything about a minor pop musician, especially when they would have been put off by repeated anti-social behaviour.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Keep trying to quote relevant bits but browser crashes so..,

Article title says RZA admits Crowe spat on her.

Article actually reads RZA said "he spat at her." So which is it? Both shitty but latter is decidedly less so.

Like others said also doesn't address allegations of n-word and choking.

There's a difference? Chances are that spit would reached unless this was some long distance affair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom