• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen charged with killing her boyfriend during a failed YouTube stunt

Slacker

you mean all those movies where a cigarette case in the breast pocket saves someone's life lied to me?

why do i even carry a cigarette case then?

i don't even smoke.

Years ago I had a friend who didn't smoke, yet carried a lighter around with him at all times in case a pretty lady needed a light. Not sure if it ever worked out for him.

It's so sad but im laughing because this guy thought he could stop a .50 cal round with a fucking book.

Edit: is there a movie where this works. i cant understand how they came up with this otherwise

reckless

I mean if you're that dumb... Seriously how the fuck do 2 people not realize maybe trying to use a book as body armor is a dumb idea.

Brinbe

What the fuck... It doesn't matter if that was for 150 million subs, that's just fucking stupid. Four lives fucked for no reason.

RS4-

What book was it?

537789.jpg

found it.

Incredibly stupid thing to do.

you mean all those movies where a cigarette case in the breast pocket saves someone's life lied to me?

i don't even smoke.

I remember a Mythbuster episode where they test out all the myths about things that would stop a bullet. but all from a distance and I don't think a 50 cal.

i don't even smoke.

that's usually a glock and not a handcannon to be fair

A book was going to stop a bullet from Desert Eagle? What were they thinking?

from a foot away...

I don't know anything about Guns, is that one powerful?

its .50 caliber. that's powerful. really, really, really powerful.

.......and what bit of information would lead a person to believe that a handgun round...that is designed to destroy engine blocks at distance...would be stopped by a fucking book?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
How old do you need to be to own a gun in the US? Don't you have to be like 21 or something to be an adult. I assume it was his gun and he gave it to her and said shoot me. Can't really see how she could be guilty of a crime if she is a minor? If you going to let everyone and their dog roll around with a hand cannon you really need a basic level of education. This is stupidity on an insane level.

P.S. The post above me is savage and I am going straight to hell for laughing.

Depends on the state. In tx for example you can buy a rifle or shotgun at 18 and a handgun at 21. An 18-20 year old can still be grandfathered a handgun tho.

Youtube doing God's work removing less intelligent/productive members of society from the population.

It seems social media is good for at least one thing after all.

RinsFury

A fucking 50 cal Desert Eagle from a foot away? And they thought a damn book was going to stop that? What the hell...

toxicgonzo

Taxes?! Isn't this the line for Metallica?
I don't know anything about Guns, is that one powerful?
A Desert Eagle shoots a .50 round, at least similarly sized to the one shown below (on the far left).
A book could conceivable stop a low caliber bullet like a .22, but not a .50 round.

Edit: Disregard, as others have pointed out, this is the wrong bullet

Rifle_cartridge_comparison.jpg

dankir

She shot him in the chest with a 50 fucking caliber gun at point blank range basically. Jesus christ.... "accident" my ass.

How big of a hole would it create even with a book in the way? He's even dumber to agree to something like that!

She shot him in the chest with a 50 fucking caliber gun at point blank range basically. Jesus christ.... "accident" my ass.

How big of a hole would it create even with a book in the way? He's even dumber to agree to something like that!

I'm sure he was holding the book too so all kinds of shrapnel hitting your fingers.

KHarvey16

If the story is to be believed, he convinced her and not the other way around.

Vena

50... Cal?

It's probably bigger (length vs. thickness) than the book itself and they thought it would stop it?!

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Chose the wrong book, should have used this! :p

5_wikipedia-1.jpg

A Desert Eagle shoots a .50 round, at least similarly sized to the one shown below (on the far left).
A book could conceivable stop a low caliber bullet like a .22, but not a .50 round.

Rifle_cartridge_comparison.jpg

holy shit, that's a big ass bullet. Where does a 9mm fall in there?

edit: maybe false?

Poor guy, but I pity the woman too. The notion that someone would even think this to be a good idea, much less two people... It's astounding.

Top Bottom