• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLACKLAC

urisyg7.jpg

mreddie

Wasted MCU Cameos by CBR

10 Rings
Human Torch
Strucker
Doc Samson
Adam Warlock
Leader
Collector
Ellen Brandt
James Montgomery Falsworth
Cosmo
T'Chaka
Janet Van Dyne
AIM
Crossbones
Nova Corps

Wasted MCU Cameos by CBR

10 Rings
Human Torch
Strucker
Doc Samson
Adam Warlock
Leader
Collector
Ellen Brandt
Cosmo
T'Chaka
Janet Van Dyne
AIM
Crossbones
Nova Corps
Crossbones is the only true name on here. The others can still be referenced, but Crossbones could have been really cool.

Please don't ruin Taskmaster if and when you use him.

Wasted MCU Cameos by CBR
Eh...

10 Rings
Crossbones
Nova Corps
Collector
T'Chaka
Literally drive the plot forward.

Human Torch
Obscure easter egg

Wasted but not a cameo.

Doc Samson
Leader
Setup for an sequel that never happened.

Adam Warlock
Apparently wasn't even his cocoon. If it was, it was just an easter egg and he's most likely debuting in a future film.

Easter egg. Character can also pop up in a future GotG film anytime.

Janet Van Dyne
Will be covered in the sequel.

Ellen Brandt
AIM
Straight up wasted.

Platy

It was being "shopped about", meaning they were seeing if someone wanted to bite. Evidently no one did.

I am kinda happy and sad at the same time

Squirrel Girl totaly deserves a fun YA comedy series ... just without any type of super hero team
Give her a Netflix series with a smaller amount of episodes. Make her fight weird villains that already appeared elsewhere. Like give her the Leader .... and the Stilt Man and then win the fights by talking them out of doing their stuff.
Make Squirrel Girl the weirdness that mixes both MCU and TV !

bananas

Banned
Sure? Until now it was all in realtime
Avengers takes place in 2012. In that film Fury tells Thor that there events of Thor 1 took place 1 year ago.

Thor 1, The Incredible Hulk, and Iron Man 2 all take place within a week of each other (Fury's Big Week).

Iron Man 2 takes place 6 months after Iron Man 1 (making Iron Man 2 take place in 2011. The film has Stark Expo 2010 taking place, but that's been retconed).

Ending of Iron Man takes place roughly around 2010/2011.

In Captain America: Civil War, Vision mentions that Tony has been Iron Man for 8 years. That's a continuity error.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Avengers takes place in 2012. In that film Fury tells Thor that there events of Thor 1 took place 1 year ago.

Thor 1, The Incredible Hulk, and Iron Man 2 all take place within a week of each other (Fury's Big Week).

Iron Man 2 takes place 6 months after Iron Man 1 (making Iron Man 2 take place in 2011. The film has Stark Expo 2010 taking place, but that's been retconed).

Ending of Iron Man takes place roughly around 2010/2011.

In Captain America: Civil War, Vision mentions that Tony has been Iron Man for 8 years. That's a continuity error.

Its a retcon then. Its been 8 years then. And Fury Busy Week is like very Comic Tie In to be even lesser seriously treated as the TV shows.

The timeline works if you consider Iron Man 2 to take place about 2½ years after Iron Man 1 instead of six months after.

May through October 2008 — Iron Man
Late April through mid-May 2011 — Iron Man 2, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer, Thor, Incredible Hulk, The Consultant
May 2012 — The Avengers, Item 47
December 2012 — Iron Man 3
February 2013 — All Hail the King
September 2013 — Agents of SHIELD Season 1 begins, Thor: The Dark World
October 2013 — Captain America: The Winter Soldier
November 2013 — Agents of SHIELD Season 1 ends

etc.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
There is right now Avengers in the TV and they are right at the Battle of New York.

So good memories :D Still my greatest cinema experience of all time. I was so fucking blown away by this movie.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The Avengers is still one of my favourite films ever. Can't beat that... feeling.

I havent seen it quiete some time since I dont want to see it to often, but I really, really love it everytime I see it.

I think the feeling will never be topped for me again since I had exactly zero expectations when I went to the cinema and I was so fucking blown away. I wanted to cheer loudly all the last act :D

I havent seen it quiete some time since I dont want to see it to often, but I really, really love it everytime I see it.

I think the feeling will never be topped for me again since I had exactly zero expectations when I went to the cinema and I was so fucking blown away. I wanted to cheer loudly all the last act :D

At the time, I HATED putting the Avengers build up in IM2 and I thought Avengers was going to be shit. It's my favorite MCU movie.

curb

Banned
It's taking me a while but I'm slowly making my way through Iron Fist. I finished episode 5 tonight and I'm really enjoying it but I think it's definitely not as good as any of the other Netflix shows. Having really low expectations is helping.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
It's taking me a while but I'm slowly making my way through Iron Fist. I finished episode 5 tonight and I'm really enjoying it but I think it's definitely not as good as any of the other Netflix shows. Having really low expectations is helping.
In my opinion, it doesn't have the highs the other shows have, but also doesn't have any of the lows. It's terribly mediocre.

It just doesnt seem likely now for me that the rumor, that Zendaya is MJ who is Peters date for the Homecoming dance when he kisses there someone else.

You have a Spider-Man avi, and you don't know Peter Parker has one of the most tangled love lives ever?

I still think Zendaya is MJ. He doesn't have to date her in this movie, or even be interested in her. It's also possible he shows interest in both in this film.

The setup for Zendaya to end up being MJ, and for the reveal to be her showing up somewhere with Peter, hair dyed red, with the iconic "face it, tiger. You just hit the jackpot" line is too good to pass up. I could be wrong. That bit in the trailer doesn't prove much though.

Quick

Banned
Seems like they're purposely avoiding too much Zendaya on the trailers so far.

That either means she's a major villain; a major character with a twist; or nothing at all.

There is right now Avengers in the TV and they are right at the Battle of New York.

So good memories :D Still my greatest cinema experience of all time. I was so fucking blown away by this movie.

They were doing that Marvel Phase 1 Marathon in theaters, my friend and I went to see that.

Maaaan, such hype. When everybody stood as one to fight Loki and the Chitauri, theater blew up with applause and cheering. Apparently this happened lots of places. :p

tomtom94

Well, there it is.

6lrITPv.png

It's a curious one. On the one hand, phase 3 seems to very heavily be pushing the Avengers-in-other-people's-movies aspect of the cinematic universe. But you'd think that they would be keen for Ant-Man and the Wasp to try and stand on their own... figuratively speaking.

BLACKLAC

CHARACTER INTRODUCTION SPOILERS FROM THE SET OF INFINITY WAR

wZVKZae.jpg

tbh the way the internet press works I doubt you will even be able to avoid it...

I really hope that Marvel brings back all the villains who dies at the hand of Stones because
blatantly ripping off Infinity would depress me. I wanted a modified version of the Black Order.
I've no idea who that is
Corvus Glaive, a member of the Black Order from "Infinity".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom