• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

llehuty

[MV] Jane Jang, GIANTPINK, PERC%NT(장재인, 자이언트핑크, PERC%NT) _ Dumb Dumb
This reinterpretation of Red Velvet's Dumb Dumb is really interesting.

로꼬 (Loco) - Summer Go Loco (Feat. GRAY) Official Music Video
Not the most inspired Gray production.

[M/V] YESEO(예서) - Silhouette / Official Music Video
Very Eyedii esque. She released her first album a couple of weeks ago and it's actually very good.

170818 아이돌 리부팅 프로젝트 더유닛 (2차 티저)
The Unit 2nd teaser. Stealth announcement that Dal Shabet will be part of it? (BBB concept pic in the TV at the end of the teaser). I don't know how to feel about this...

9zmT7jM.jpg
Any idea who the other groups are? the one with 4 member shouldn't be that hard. Secret? Sistar? Miss A?

[Teaser] S.I.S - I've Got A Feeling (느낌이 와)
New girl group. Nothing groundbreaking.

MiSO(미소) - 'Pink Lady(핑크레이디)' Official M/V Teaser
This girl is playing the Hyuna angle way to hard. Looks like a cover artist.

FNC has been doing a massive dump of their music videos to FNCEnt channel (I'm assuming they want to transition to the SM format, to all their artists releasing music videos in the same place). The thing is, they uploaded a bunch of AOA videos and Choa is in the thumbnail of most of them?. :(

Consider me teased.

·feist·;246403810 said:
Will the members omitted from this video be on a separate release or b-side?

Here it is:
[DIA] L.U.B "DARLING MY SUGAR" MUSIC VIDEO

Also, there is one tropical house song in the album, but it isn't the title track. I don't know where did those reports came from.

170818 아이돌 리부팅 프로젝트 더유닛 (2차 티저)
The Unit 2nd teaser. Stealth announcement that Dal Shabet will be part of it? (BBB concept pic in the TV at the end of the teaser). I don't know how to feel about this...

Any idea who the other groups are? the one with 4 member shouldn't be that hard. Secret? Sistar? Miss A?

...Dal Shabet??? Oh this makes me nervous. It can't be Gaeun or Jiyul either way. Jiyul maybe, but she seems to be strongly into her acting. Maybe as a leverage for her acting career since it's a temporary thing. Any of the current members?? Yikes. ):
Let's see what happens.

I would laugh my ass off, literally, if it's Viki.

Setlist of 170818 Red Velvet Concert 'Red Room'

1. Opening VCR
2. Red Dress
3. Happily Ever After
4. Rookie
5. Huff N Puff
6. VCR
7. Lady's Room
8. Talk To Me
9. Don't U Wait No More
10. Oh Boy
11. Dumb Dumb
12. MC
13. Hear The Sea
14. Campfire
15. Zoo
16. Little Little
17. Last Love
18. Be Natural
19. Cool Hot Sweet Love
20. Automatic
21. MC
22. One Of These Nights
23. VCR
24. Ice Cream Cake
25. Russian Roulette
26. You Better Know
27. Red Flavor

Encore

28. VCR
29. Candy
30. Happiness
31. MC
32. Cool World
33. Ending Credits

Can't wait for Automatic full choreo version.

Maybe the TVs not raising are not part of the show. Quite intriguing choice going with DIA of all groups...

Dia does have an ex-member too. Seunghee? She was in Five Dolls as well, maybe she wants to try again. But it could be a current member too, they are under MBK after all. If it's really just 'random group silhouettes' then whatever. We'll see.

I actually can't tell who the 4-member picture belongs to. :/

On the topic of Dia:

This is so good too.

Welcome to the world of Asian sizing.

Even global Asian brands like Forever 21 and Uniqlo adhere to different sizing standards across the Pacific. I have a couple of shirts that I bought from Uniqlo Philippines and they're like 3XL while my American Uniqlo stuff is XL.

Oh I see. Im an Uniqlo L so I should order XXL?

llehuty

This is soo good

DIA has some of my favorite songs this year which is something I've never expected to say ever haha

I hope the full album delivers more good songs like this one.

Yeah, I dismissed their highlight medley (I don't even know if it was already linked in the thread) but I had to go back to it, and it actually sounds very promising. Surprised of MBK maybe getting it right.

Boss Mog

I saw they added some new Knowing Bros. episodes on Netflix so I decided to check it out and I was surprised since the episodes were only a few months old. There was the Twice episode where Sana did her cheese kimbap aegyo. There's still no original music whatsoever. What's hilarious is that the episode thumbnail shows Twice performing "Signal" yet that scene is completely edited out. Also at the end the subs say "subbed by Grace Kim", makes it look amateurish.

Laboum @ Immortal song - They did quite well here, considering Laboum isn't exactly known for their standout vocals! They looked amazing too.

Also I was happy to see that Nu'est is still performing some of my fave flops like Good Bye Bye. Ever since Broduce for some reason their song 'Hello' has been the one they have brought back to music shows. I guess the emotional lyrics are more fitting for their 'rise from the ashes'. While it's a nice song, they have much better in their discography. Now if only they would bring back FACE, forever one of my fave boygroup k-pop tracks.

Yeah, I dismissed their highlight medley (I don't even know if it was already linked in the thread) but I had to go back to it, and it actually sounds very promising. Surprised of MBK maybe getting it right.

MBK artists usually get good music imo. They just suck at everything else.

neoism

Boss★Moogle;246487608 said:
I saw they added some new Knowing Bros. episodes on Netflix so I decided to check it out and I was surprised since the episodes were only a few months old. There was the Twice episode where Sana did her cheese kimbap aegyo. There's still no original music whatsoever. What's hilarious is that the episode thumbnail shows Twice performing "Signal" yet that scene is completely edited out. Also at the end the subs say "subbed by Grace Kim", makes it look amateurish.
Holy shit KB is on Netflix 😮

Boss Mog

Holy shit KB is on Netflix 😮

Yeah, it's called "Men on a Mission" on Netflix, but sadly episodes have scenes edited out, mostly because of music copyright I guess and the scenes they show that do have music, the music with replaced with the most generic garbage imaginable.

No No Eul

Nice! More Yeseo is always very welcome.

1. Opening VCR
2. Red Dress
3. Happily Ever After
4. Rookie
5. Huff N Puff
6. VCR
7. Lady's Room
8. Talk To Me
9. Don't U Wait No More
10. Oh Boy
11. Dumb Dumb
12. MC
13. Hear The Sea
14. Campfire
15. Zoo
16. Little Little
17. Last Love
18. Be Natural
19. Cool Hot Sweet Love
20. Automatic
21. MC
22. One Of These Nights
23. VCR
24. Ice Cream Cake
25. Russian Roulette
26. You Better Know
27. Red Flavor

Encore

28. VCR
29. Candy
30. Happiness
31. MC
32. Cool World
33. Ending Credits

Saving the best for last.

llehuty

[Teaser 1] PRISTIN(프리스틴) _ WE LIKE M/V PRE TEASER
Pre teaser probably means it's not going to sound like this. Let's see were it goes.

The Unit is asking people to tell them which groups they would like to see in the Unit
I don't see if this will have any use, but seeing some of the names drops is harsh. So many flop groups...

CLC(씨엘씨) - 'SUMMER KISS' (Choreography Practice Video)

[Teaser] 케이시 (Kassy) _ '비야 와라' (Let it rain) _Trailer #1

TAEYANG - ‘WAKE ME UP’ 0820 SBS Inkigayo
TAEYANG - ‘DARLING' 0820 SBS Inkigayo
Really cool stages

SIS[S.I.S./에스아이에스] - 1st single highlight medley

Also I was happy to see that Nu'est is still performing some of my fave flops like Good Bye Bye. Ever since Broduce for some reason their song 'Hello' has been the one they have brought back to music shows. I guess the emotional lyrics are more fitting for their 'rise from the ashes'. While it's a nice song, they have much better in their discography. Now if only they would bring back FACE, forever one of my fave boygroup k-pop tracks.
Hello was the one that climbed the highest the charts during Produce 101, so I guess they are banking on that. Hope they mix it up and we get to see the dramatic Face or Action on stage.

BTW I'm actually gonna be seeing them in Rotterdam next month.
Yeees, I think we have covered London, Lisbon and now Rotterdam :p

PInk Tape

Banned
Can't wait for Automatic full choreo version.

Solid setlist. I wish I could go and support them T_T

Super cute choreography and outfits. Really like the shade of blue the stylists chose :p

This song was trending around number one on Melon yesterday (?) so it's no surprise that Cube posted this today, lol.

This video omg. This has to be one of the weirdest SM MVs I've ever seen and that's saying something lmao.

I still haven't put up my day 1 impressions (my bad, working on it)

But Oh My Girl ended up performing tonight (atm actually). Redemption from their botched visit last time.

llehuty

RIP AOA, I guess they will really put some of the girls in The Unit.

This video omg. This has to be one of the weirdest SM MVs I've ever seen and that's saying something lmao.

I was like, no way... Then I clicked the link... WTF was that?

Alex is out of BP Raina. Probably for the best, this has to be one of the most messiest eras for a girl group since T-aragate.

라붐 - 두바둡(only u) Dance Practice 호러ver (Horro ver.)
Not the season or sound most appropiate for it, but it's still quite fun.

And Dreamcatcher performed Sleep Walking live, consolidating the tiitle of Group of the Year.

170819 걸스라이브 Sleep Walking 드림캐쳐 Ji-U(지유) 직캠
[170819] 드림캐쳐 Siyeon (시연) Sleep walking 걸스라이브 in 서울
Choreo looks super cool. I need a group fancam and/or an official clip. I would also take an extend promotion cycle with this song. They would also kick ass in Sketchbook.

Edit: Jessica (제시카) - Saturday Night (Audio)
This B-side is so good. Probably her best work since she went solo.

llehuty

[TEASER] PRISTIN(프리스틴) - WE LIKE M/V TEASER
This sounds like it could be fun!

AObeats ft. Eric Nam - Like You // FRESH DELIVERY 05
Eric Nam always lands in some really cool collabs.

Andfirst member of new FNC girl group, Yuju
I was expecting AOA 2.0. Not interested.

As an aside, this is not korean music, but since this is neogaf, some of you could be interested in this remake of a cult classic:

White Day: A Labyrinth Named School |OT| Korean Horror Cult Classic Returns

b764a651c44a44b81a2fd1023469fcd8.png

Game has the option of voices in korean, for the ones learning or that want to practice. Looking forward to Jisook kickstarting her streaming career with this game
(not here for whatever that shit single she is releasing soon)

Andfirst member of new FNC girl group, Yuju

I was expecting AOA 2.0. Not interested.

As an aside, this is not korean music, but since this is neogaf, some of you could be interested in this remake of a cult classic:

White Day: A Labyrinth Named School |OT| Korean Horror Cult Classic Returns

b764a651c44a44b81a2fd1023469fcd8.png

Game has the option of voices in korean, for the ones learning or that want to practice. Looking forward to Jisook kickstarting her streaming career with this game
(not here for whatever that shit single she is releasing soon)

That girl was in the BTS highlight reel! She was the girl in Jin's parts.

I'm also super excited to finally play White Day. I'm a big horror game fan and have been trying to play it for a while so I'm happy it got remade. Amazon US isn't going to have the physical copy till September though, so I need to decide if it's worth the wait, or to just buy it off PSN. Apparently there's going to be a sequel next year as well!

Sunmi — [읽씹금지] 선미

FNC's "New Girl Group" seems to consist of 11 members (??). Not sure how many more 8-9+ member boy and girl groups we need since we've been inundated with a resurgence of large roster music acts the past few years.

Hoping for talent and good music.

My immediate reaction was that I wasn't sure what to make of it, though at the same time it felt as though it captured Sunmi's mix of odd, mysterious, intelligent/creative and ability to be fascinating.

My first listen was skewed by not noticing my speaker settings were very off, combined with the pauses in audio making it all sound fairly flat. After returning the speakers to a normal setting for a second listen I doubt I'll ever love the song, but I like it and expect it to grow on me more over time.

Now where's my Ha:tfelt-penned/-produced song?

And Dreamcatcher performed Sleep Walking live, consolidating the tiitle of Group of the Year.
Super "rookies" Soulsnatcher.

llehuty

[MV] MOMOLAND(모모랜드) _ Freeze(꼼짝마)
Nothing groundbreaking, but really good. A big turnaround after their dab song release.

Hmmmmm. It's not at the level of 24 Hours and Full Moon (but then again, what is?), but it's ok. The video is great though,I like the mix between sexy, playful and quirky. It surprisingly translates super well the live performance:

[눈TV][K-POP] '원더걸스' 선미(SUNMI), '가시나(GASHINA)' 첫 공개 (Fancam with closeups to capture her expressions)
The switch in the chorus *.*

[풀영상] 선미(Sunmi) 가시나(Gashina) 첫 공개 직후 반전 매력 @컴백 언론쇼케이스 (More general fancam to appreciate the choreo and her 100% Sunmi outro)

Looks like a must watch in music shows.

lmao. Indeed. But it's actually better thank Gfriends last single so I really don't know who should laugh at who?

Yas Dia I'm obsessed. I already loved their attempt at pseudo-gfriend with 'on the road' but this is so good. Gotta check out the album since the pre-releases were solid too.

Top Bottom