• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammex

Makes you wonder wtf Klopp did to him in Blackpool.

tumblr_myvx86cHxY1qzft56o1_250.gif

Syder

I'd get the fake ones but they're too small :(
10 years ago, I'd buy 2 or 3 shirts a year choosing from my favourite designs across Europe.

These days I browse eBay for retro shirts and get them for a fraction of the price of the over-priced shirts of today.

Been saying £40m + Christensen for Van Dijk for ages. It would be a good deal for both clubs.

Van Dijk would be a good transfer but not at the expense of Christensen imo. Cahill, Luiz, Rüdiger, Van Dijk and Christensen would cover all our CB needs for the entire season.

MoodyFog

Nope. That is the price for the authentic (player issue) kit.
The regular replica kit (official fan shop edition) costs 85 EUR or 100 with player name.

I meant regular as in "normal". If you get an authentic ronaldo or messi shirt it'll be the same price, nothing particular to Neymar there

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
10 years ago, I'd buy 2 or 3 shirts a year choosing from my favourite designs across Europe.

These days I browse eBay for retro shirts and get them for a fraction of the price of the over-priced shirts of today.

Tbf I got our third kit this year because it's so nice

1718ThirdKit_Category.jpg

To be honest if Van Dijk can't move to Liverpool. He's gonna go to Chelsea, think he has played his last game at Southampton.

Syder

To be honest if Van Dijk can't move to Liverpool. He's gonna go to Chelsea, think he has played his last game at Southampton.
Definitely, it's a shame for everyone involved really because if they'd gone through the proper channels he'd already be a Liverpool player.

I almost want to see him go to Chelsea and do well because of how Liverpool went about this.

This is different, our board are pissed at Liverpool.

5yr deal, so still would have 4yrs on it.

But then no team will come in for him if he still wants to join Liverpool. You'll have a player on the books that isn't playing and losing value. It's simple business 101.

Beefy

But then no team will come in for him if he still wants to join Liverpool. You'll have a player on the books that isn't playing and losing value. It's simple business 101.

Comes down to who breaks first. A player that goes on strike a whole year in a year leading up to the World cup or a club that losses out on £30m - £40m. For the time being and how pissed the board are, I would bet on Van Dijk being first.

The VVD transfer will prob come down to the last day as it's a case of who blinks first, Soton or VVD.

You only have to look at all the articles coming from the Soton board and manager. I am usually thinking the "he isn't for sale" is bullshit, but the tone etc is different this time.

King_Moc

Banned
Definitely, it's a shame for everyone involved really because if they'd gone through the proper channels he'd already be a Liverpool player.

I almost want to see him go to Chelsea and do well because of how Liverpool went about this.

If they'd gone through the proper channels, then Southampton would have turned the bid down and Van Dijk would never have heard about it. No one goes through the proper channels.

Beefy

If they'd gone through the proper channels, then Southampton would have turned the bid down and Van Dijk would never have heard about it. No one goes through the proper channels.

No one leaks shit to the press like Liverpool though, that is what pissed Southampton off.

No one leaks shit to the press like Liverpool though, that is what pissed Southampton off.

PSG
Barcelona
Man City
United
Chelsea
Real Madrid
Juventus
and many other teams

All of them leak SHIT to the press the way Liverpool does. I don't get why you keep on insisting only Liverpool does this shit when every fucking team does it.

Audioboxer

155 € for a Neymar jersey. They are cashing in hard.

Wut?

I remember quite a few years ago when I was a little boy in Turkey I got a nice fake Juventus top with Del Piero on the back of it for absolute peanuts. Shit looked real. I mean, no kid these days wants a fake (no sympathy for me needed, I had a fair few real tops as a kid), but when you start hitting well over £100 for a footie top... yeah. Time to iron Neymar on the back yourself lol.

Turkey was the king of fake shit. I remember I had a pair of those Adidas trackies with the buttons that all popped off. There were versions of it in Turkey that all popped off up to the waistband and it was solid lol. So they looked real but didn't completely come off. 90's fashion man, those "popper joggers" as they seem to be called are still on Ebay. Bring em back!

HY4bFgV.png

Beefy

PSG
Barcelona
Man City
United
Chelsea
Real Madrid
Juventus
and many other teams

All of them leak SHIT to the press the way Liverpool does. I don't get why you keep on insisting only Liverpool does this shit when every fucking team does it.

You even have Liverpool fans agreeing with me. I have said it about 3 times? So not really keeping on either. If your press hadn't of said Van Dijk to Liverpool is done, even before you had talked to Southampton. Then I think he would be in a Liverpool shirt now.

The big thing was so many people were in for him. Convincing the player to join us over them was a coup in itself. The problem was we celebrated prematurely by announcing that victory through our backchannels rather loudly. Fucked Southampton right off, understandably.

Beefy

The big thing was so many people were in for him. Convincing the player to join us over them was a coup in itself. The problem was we celebrated prematurely by announcing that victory through our backchannels rather loudly. Fucked Southampton right off, understandably.

Yep, I have no problem with tapping players up (well I think it is shitty, but accept it as part of the game). The celebrating in your press close to the club screwed you.

sammex

Just look at all the Catalan press saying Coutinho has agreed a deal without even submitting a bid... everyone does it

You even have Liverpool fans agreeing with me. I have said it about 3 times? So not really keeping on either. If your press hadn't of said Van Dijk to Liverpool is done, even before you had talked to Southampton. Then I think he would be in a Liverpool shirt now.

They agree with you because every team does it lol. Are you thick? And you've said it more than 3 times.

Just look at all the Catalan press saying Coutinho has agreed a deal without even submitting a bid... everyone does it

And Italy press with Can.

King_Moc

Banned

It's pretty weird that apparently it's fine when a Spanish team does it. Maybe we should just keep doing it to make it normal, lol.

Huh. I guess the BBC switching to that account system allows them to play matches over the online radio now? Well, that's something for me at least - was always frustrating to either listen on my phone or find a room where there was a radio plugged in.

Can't wait for the season to begin and the transfer window to close. So we can fight each other over football results and not transfers!

Audioboxer

I didn't insult you. I asked if you are, I didn't say you were. 2 different things.

Cmon man, I didn't say you're thick, I just asked you if you were? lol. Bit harsh.

The only people deserving of such harshness in here are Arsenal fans, and Beefy isn't one of those
kind of joking about Arsenal fans

I'm really just jealous the Arsenal strips look quite nice. So do Liverpool's. Man Utd's strips are always boring or meh looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom