• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

suplex

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but for prints that have been in a tube for a while, I would take them out of the tube and let them relax for at least a couple days before you weigh them down to flatten.

On the storage topic, does anyone have a link to good/cheap sleeves that are slightly bigger than 18x24 and 24x36?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I think I ordered the right stuff?

Yeah, you did. My bad--I accidentally added the size above to my cart, and that's the one that comes with the 100+ extra charge.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
You could always get a flatfile and put it in a storage unit.

Then you can lie on it like Walt's money pile.

84ru7K0.png

IronRinn

Up on Friday, Sept. 25th at 10am PST on Thinkspace. The Gilded Age leftovers.

Esao Andrews "World Traveler" 18" x 18" 4 color screen print on speckled off-white 100lb stock. Hand signed and hand numbered of 200, $85.

Joao Ruas "Den" 16.5" x 36" inches 5 color screen print on French Speckletone Madero Beach stock. Hand signed and hand numbered edition of 200, $100.

Aaron Horkey "The Gilded Age" 24.125" x 32.125" 10 color screen print / 9 screens used on French Black Licorice 100#C stock. Hand signed and hand numbered Regular Edition of 200, $100.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Good fucking lord, if anybody here is going to Mondocon and could grab me that Daniel Danger piece, I'd be eternally grateful.

Luderico

Man. That guy. Its like every week a new print. And every time just fuckin awesome. Dont know how he does it. But then dont care just happy he does.

IronRinn

Fuck, I may finally buy a Ruas.

Yeah, that one is fucking awesome. Big fan of the Andrews as well.

Up on Bottleneck today (Wed., Sept. 23rd 12pm ET): "The Neverending Story" by Jennifer Joslin.

99154c7e-e6dd-4ac2-92c0-5b4f40fcf9c4.jpg

12" x 18" letterpress. Signed and numbered edition of 65, $40.

IronRinn

Honestly, I've been trying to figure out which of them will be easiest to get on the aftermarket. I want all three but, yeah, cannot swing that at the moment. The Horkey is rad, but maybe not something I would hang. But the other two are just so damn good.

IronRinn

Friday, Sept. 25th at 12pm ET on UTBNYC:

"Moving The Forgotten Monument" by Fintan Magee

18" x 24" giclee print on velvet fine art 255gm paper with hand pulled varnish layer. Signed and numbered edition of 40, $225.

IronRinn

That Tong is awesome, I just wish I cared about the property.

The Tong is fantastic (especially the variant), but I do already have the other poster Mondo did for Mulholland Drive (even though I wound up putting a serious (and seriously big) crease in the corner while flattening it. Still pissed about that.) so I don't know if I need another one. Ansin's is cool, but he got a little too Neal Adams-y with the pose for my taste, though the title treatment and general art-deco vibe is really, really nice. Love the Burton again, especially the variant.

LaneDS

Some really great stuff on this page... the full shot of that Daniel Danger is awesome (didn't instantly love it when it was shown off a page or two back), the Mulholland Drive is slick, and thumbs up for that Rocketeer.

Speaking of Danger, last chance today to get in on the raffle today (will post the winner tonight).

Danger and Ansins prints are insanely awesome.
Anyone see the Rob Jones as Casper pin? I dont know how to make images smaller, so sorry.

media

Filthy Slug

That fucking Rocketeer. I'm kind of regretting not going to Mondocon now. It seems like the selection is so much better than last year.

IronRinn

I wonder if that Rocketeer print is a reference to another piece of art. I guess I just wonder why that pose and the ripped sleeves, but otherwise spotless outfit.

LaneDS

It reminds me of Capcom's boxart format for NES games oh so long ago. Slightly better art than OG Mega Man though.

Filthy Slug

it looks book cover-esque in all of the best ways. It's really a stunning piece.

Risible

The Tong is fantastic (especially the variant), but I do already have the other poster Mondo did for Mulholland Drive (even though I wound up putting a serious (and seriously big) crease in the corner while flattening it. Still pissed about that.) so I don't know if I need another one. Ansin's is cool, but he got a little too Neal Adams-y with the pose for my taste, though the title treatment and general art-deco vibe is really, really nice. Love the Burton again, especially the variant.

My main complaint with the Ansin is also the pose - it looks like he's doing ballet, it's too "dancey" for me.

Luderico

Love that dancy Ansin and the Burton. But the Tong. Dont know kinda dissapointed. Understand the concept. Layers and shit. Clever. But for me it looks more like a scetch. Like the picture is not finished.

Filthy Slug

That Scarecrow is fucking excellent! I'm in for this--the older 7 inch records are rad, but they're mostly decorative. Seems like they found the right balance of content and packaging here.

Top Bottom