• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

omgkitty

You can sorta see the tracklist in the images. Looks like a good amount. I'm wondering how much it'll cost.

unnamed-1jpg-b6a13c_765w.jpg

Knowing Mondo, probably a lot more than I want to pay.

IronRinn

You can sorta see the tracklist in the images. Looks like a good amount. I'm wondering how much it'll cost.

unnamed-1jpg-b6a13c_765w.jpg

Just seems like there wouldn't be enough musical cues for this many lps. I wonder what an average track length is.

Edit: And I'm going to guess $150.00.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
A lot of them already have been prints.
About half of them were prints.

Looking at the photo gallery, there's maybe six/seven more prints they could release that aren't based on episodes with a villain they've done before.

Either way, gotta collect them all.

Just seems like there wouldn't be enough musical cues for this many lps. I wonder what an average track length is.
They've already released three four-disc volumes of BTAS music and most themes only last ~1-2 minutes.

IronRinn

Sept. 25th. Bottleneck. Noon ET: The Last Man on Earth

lastmanonearth1_1024x1024.jpg

"Balls Aren't People" by Dave Perillo. 12" x 18" screen print, numbered edition of 50, $30.

lastmanonearth2_grande.jpg

"Ape Man" by Glen Brogan. 14" x 18" giclee, numbered edition of 50, $35.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Sounds about right. I tend to treat their releases as art pieces more than audio products anyway (as do they, really).

Aside from Guardians of the Galaxy, I'm with you. Not much else from their releases gets regular play for me.

Limiting Factor

Neo Member
Bloodborne prints coming to Cook and Becker!

From the newsletter:

Bloodborne prints incoming!

Fall and Halloween are approaching. The perfect time to release new artworks with dark themes, monsters and mystery!

We are happy to announce that Cook & Becker will be launching a fantastic set of Bloodborne prints soon, together with prints from Sony's The Order: 1866. It is fair to say that Bloodborne's director Hidetaka Miyazaki - also responsible for the Dark Souls 1 and 3 games - is one of the most revered and enigmatic game creators of recent times. His games have found a huge following among hardcore games seduced by their dark worlds and uncompromising gameplay.

If you want early access or if you want to reserve edition numbers for these prints before launch, please contact us via our website or email your regular Cook & Becker representative.

see5harp

I'll probably just wait then. I still find the "charge more for variant" some grade a bullshit when it's a damn giclee print that doesn't actually cost more to produce.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
What about Drive ?

I don't have that :(. I've been looking for a reasonably priced one forever, 'cause that soundtrack is fantastic.

I'll probably just wait then. I still find the "charge more for variant" some grade a bullshit when it's a damn giclee print that doesn't actually cost more to produce.

Almost positive that Tong is a screenprint, and yeah, for variants where there's a minor palate change, you're paying for the fact that it's more limited.

Filthy Slug

That Batman TAS vinyl set is $225.

Fuck.

IronRinn

Even more than I thought. Putting up a post for the prints in a minute.

Tomorrow (Friday, 9/25) on Mondo

Batman Begins by Patrick Leger. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of
275. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Batgirl by Gianmarco Magnani. 23.622" x 14.567" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 175. Printed by Seizure Palace. $45

Here is the official announcement with full track lists for the box set. As noted, $225.00. Limited to 1200 copies.

see5harp

Almost positive that Tong is a screenprint, and yeah, for variants where there's a minor palate change, you're paying for the fact that it's more limited.

Yea, I mean that much is a given. I just mean it feels dirty knowing how easy it is to create demand. At least with most high priced prints, the artists will customize a given number and sign them. With a minor change it's just creating a demand for something. I don't mind if it's a screenprint where the actual materials may cost more. At the end of the day, though, it's just a minor complaint. If something looks cool, I'm still going to buy it.

Filthy Slug

That is the laziest Batman Begins print I've ever seen.

The Batgirl, however, is super classy.

Meier

Batman Begins is is absolutely Turrible (with a capital a T). Loving that Batgirl one though -- classy is a good word for it.

Has Patrick Leger ever done any other Mondo stuff before?

This is the first time. The blog post mentions they had been looking forward to it for awhile.

IronRinn

The Batgirl is old. I remember seeing it a while ago. The Batman Begins is pretty boring. Figure is really stiff.

Edit: The track listings for this TAS set are hilarious. Tracks that are 7 seconds long.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Nope, first time. Kinda disappointed by it too. I normally love his work, but this seems kinda boring. Type is great but there's too much red. Normally his work has a great use of color.

This is the first time. The blog post mentions they had been looking forward to it for awhile.

Got it. Yeah, the BB is underwhelming, but I hope we see more from him.

He did some Venture Bros. illustrations that were dope.

omgkitty

Got it. Yeah, the BB is underwhelming, but I hope we see more from him.

He did some Venture Bros. illustrations that were dope.

Yeah those are great and what turned me on to him. We could really use a good Venture Bros. print and not 18 more Batman prints.

Luderico

Oh man. Love that Batman vinyl. But that price. Sorry Commissionier Gordon, cant do. Bruce ah Batman needs another piece of art.

Same here. Went with PayPal because I was getting an unsecure/untrusted connection while checking out. Will try for the other two on the aftermarket at some point (or I'll have lost interest).

That was a little weird, yeah. I ended up using paypal as well. I'm sure it's nothing but better safe than sorry.

The Ruas piece looked really cool, but it was a little too weird for me. I couldn't see myself hanging that up.

IronRinn

That was a little weird, yeah. I ended up using paypal as well. I'm sure it's nothing but better safe than sorry.

The Ruas piece looked really cool, but it was a little too weird for me. I couldn't see myself hanging that up.

Exactly.

Picked up the Ruas myself. First one. No idea why he seems to be so underrated. Of course the one previous print of his I want is like $400+

I have the print he did for the Vacvvm portfolio and I love it. Dude is really good. I'm definitely going to try and get one in the future. The Horkey is the least pressing for me.

IronRinn

French Paper Art Club is going to have three prints of Dave Johnson Batman Covers on Sat., Sept 26th:

Detective Comics 745

40 x 50 cm, 3 color screen print, edition of 100, 30€

Detective Comics 746

40 x 50 cm, 3 color screen print, edition of 100, 30€

Detective Comics 755

40 x 60 cm, 5 colors screen print, edition of 100, 35€

ohkay

Picked up the Ruas myself. First one. No idea why he seems to be so underrated. Of course the one previous print of his I want is like $400+
This is the piece that got me interested in Ruas. The guy clearly has talent and I'm surprised there's not more demand for his work.

see5harp

I was blowing up James Jean's facebook page asking about Xenomorph until I realize that I missed an e-mail to confirm my address. DOH! On a bright note I'll probably have it soon. He's doing a speaking thing and book signing Oct 30th in S.F. Has anyone ever been to one of those things? I want to go get something signed but there's already 712 people "going." That seems like madness for a damn bookstore.

https://www.facebook.com/events/531570753664238/

Top Bottom