• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Margery's casting actually kind of weirded me out. Not at all like I pictured her. If we're getting shallow, her face+boobs are weird too.

I actually find Natalie Dormer's face fairly attractive... she's got a mousy look to her but the break from "traditional" beauty is refreshing. She may actually be cuter as a blonde.

Boobs... eh, she's got (not unattractive) floppies but I would imagine that is an accurate reflection of general "medieval times" boob-ery.

ShaneB

Missed the posts earlier after saying I was confused :p Perhaps I'll rewatch all the recaps and those will help. Same with those 'Inside the Episode' vignettes.

A big part of the confusion no doubt comes from watching the show week to week, instead of being able to Marathon it like I did with Season 1. Everything flowed together much quicker obviously, instead of getting a little bit of each narrative each week. Not to mention the story threads that have to be skipped every so often as there are so many things going on.

MMaRsu

Banned
Missed the posts earlier after saying I was confused :p Perhaps I'll rewatch all the recaps and those will help. Same with those 'Inside the Episode' vignettes.

A big part of the confusion no doubt comes from watching the show week to week, instead of being able to Marathon it like I did with Season 1. Everything flowed together much quicker obviously, instead of getting a little bit of each narrative each week. Not to mention the story threads that have to be skipped every so often as there are so many things going on.

Well you could stop watching till all 10 episodes are on HBO Go or something...

Loved the last episode. Tyrion is doing a great job as King's Hand, I'm interested to see how quickly his peers will start biting back, and how he'll take care of that. Still my favourite character by a wide margin.

The story in the true north is still good stuff. Sam can't be much longer for this world, surely. The whitewalkers have got to strike against the Black Watch at some point.

Oh, and the Greyjoys are hardcore as fuck. Glad to see something fun came of Theon.

Loved the last episode. Tyrion is doing a great job as King's Hand, I'm interested to see how quickly his peers will start biting back, and how he'll take care of that. Still my favourite character by a wide margin.

The story in the true north is still good stuff. Sam can't be much longer for this world, surely. The whitewalkers have got to strike against the Black Watch at some point.

Oh, and the Greyjoys are hardcore as fuck. Glad to see something fun came of Theon.

That depends on who is supposed to be his peer.
In the last 2 eps he has disposed to two enemies; Littlefinger and Vareys seems to respect him despite him screwing with them. He runs things well and Geoffry doesn't give a shit as long as he can play kind. Really the only person he needs to worry about is his sister. I'm sure she will take a chance to strike back though.

RDreamer

That depends on who is supposed to be his peer.
In the last 2 eps he has disposed to two enemies; Littlefinger and Vareys seems to respect him despite him screwing with them. He runs things well and Geoffry doesn't give a shit as long as he can play kind. Really the only person he needs to worry about is his sister. I'm sure she will take a chance to strike back though.

I think for the moment his only peer/enemy is now his sister. Littlefinger isn't so much an enemy, in my opinion, because I think the only way to thwart Tyrion is through Cersei, and we saw the little stunt Cersei pulled on him. He's not going to want to help her out any. Vareys, I think, is becoming a close ally with Tyrion. To me it's a partnership that makes a lot of sense. They're both very different from the typical people with power. They're cast-outs. They're the type that has people talking about them behind their backs, because one's a eunuch and the other is an imp. I feel like they know this and will gravitate toward each other.

I have to rewatch and analyze this further. The lighting did help though, I'll give it that.

It's funny because I think her face is a bit off.

RDreamer

I have to rewatch and analyze this further. The lighting did help though, I'll give it that.

It's funny because I think her face is a bit off.

I'm picky as hell with boobs, and that other guy probably is too. I'll readily admit it. I have high boob standards. I'll criticize some pairs that I'm sure other people would be happy as hell with. Her face is a bit... how do you say it... pixie-ish? It does look different, but especially in that scene with the lighting she looked hot.

Also, her acting in that scene was absolutely spot on. I just loved how she kind of straddled being caring, but also kind of poking at the ridiculousness of it. And it showed her manipulation of things. Also, Renly's struggling was pretty great.

Kayhan

Boobs... eh, she's got (not unattractive) floppies but I would imagine that is an accurate reflection of general "medieval times" boob-ery.

Son, thats what natural breasts look like on a young woman.

They were great and looked much better than implants.

Natural FTW

RDreamer

Son, thats what natural breasts look like on a young woman.

They were great and looked much better than implants.

Natural FTW

On some young women. I also hate implants, yuck. I'd definitely take floppy boobs over implants any day of the week.

Re: boobs

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to compare a "real" vs "fake" scenario with the "medieval times" comment. I'm just saying that her body type doesn't necessarily reflect the sensibilities of "modern" sexuality, real or not (don't ask me to explain, it's more a feeling than anything concrete).

Her body type is fine and, like I said, certainly not unattractive.

Vareys, I think, is becoming a close ally with Tyrion. To me it's a partnership that makes a lot of sense. They're both very different from the typical people with power. They're cast-outs. They're the type that has people talking about them behind their backs, because one's a eunuch and the other is an imp. I feel like they know this and will gravitate toward each other.

Remember what Varys said to Ned... he serves "the realm." Even moreso than Littlefinger and Tyrion, he's probably got the most complex motivations of the entire show. He simultaneously serves the King (whoever's currently sitting there), the Hand of the King (whoever's currently sitting there), the Small Council, rebels (Ned)... and none of these people, all at once. He's willing to put himself in bodily harm (helping Ned, revealing he knows Tyrion's secret) to serve some other goal. He always knows more than he lets on, yet is very, very controlled in what gets out. There were inklings he knew about the Baratheon "kids" before Ned did, he had Daenerys' movements down pat, and he clearly found out about Shae somehow.

To me it feels like Varys serves... the status quo. Maintain peace, limit drama, limit strife, keep everyone just enough satisfied, but not too wanting. He's privy to information that would make or break any one person or faction, he tells people what they want to hear, not so much that it would side him with any specific entity... but just enough to keep his position.

He might actually have the slipperiest slope to walk out of all the characters.

The end to this episode was great. I'm really sad the dude from the wall died, though :( He was a great character. He went out like an absolute hero, though.

"GOT MORE THAN A FEW BASTARDS 'ERE. WHO'S ASKING?"

Arya is still the best character on the show. I wish there was more of her :( I think the prisoner she helped get free will somehow help her escape further down the road. They lingered on a shot of him looking at her long enough for it to be substantial.

Sajjaja

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBSSSSS

Esme Bianco has the nicest ones though, fo sho.

In terms of best character, I absolutely love Tyrion (as I'm sure most people do). Attitude, wit, swag, confidence and intelligence.

New episode tonight.
Garden of Bones

Joffrey punishes Sansa; Catelyn tries to get Stannis and Renly to unite against the Lannisters; Dany arrives at the gates of Qarth; Arya and Gendry are taken to Harrenhal; Davos must smuggle Melisandre into a secret cove.

MMaRsu

Banned
The end to this episode was great. I'm really sad the dude from the wall died, though :( He was a great character. He went out like an absolute hero, though.

"GOT MORE THAN A FEW BASTARDS 'ERE. WHO'S ASKING?"

Arya is still the best character on the show. I wish there was more of her :( I think the prisoner she helped get free will somehow help her escape further down the road. They lingered on a shot of him looking at her long enough for it to be substantial.

Well he IS the late kings son.

aFIGurANT

Let's do this! Looks like we get the baratheon showdown tonight quite possibly as well as adolescent torture from the preview. Woo!

aFIGurANT

Yeah that was strange...why did it have to come out of her pregnant body? weird. So who thinks littlefinger or someone is going to get killed by the shadow?

Also
the prisoner from the wall convoy is going to be big at least next episode it looks like. Also seemed as if he was a knight somehow? Don't get that.

SyNapSe

If I created a show called, "Joffrey is the devils apprentice", it'd probably involve him being far more likeable than this show. That rat thing was pretty f'ed up though.

Yeah that was strange...why did it have to come out of her pregnant body? weird. So who thinks littlefinger or someone is going to get killed by the shadow?

Also
the prisoner from the wall convoy is going to be big at least next episode it looks like. Also seemed as if he was a knight somehow? Don't get that.

Dunno if I need to spoiler this cause it was explained pretty clearly a few episodes ago
he is the rightful king, the bastard son of King Baratheon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom