• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

j-wood

Is the firebird set bugged on pc? I just got my 6th piece and have no idea how to tell if the buff is activating when I ignite an enemy. I'm using disintegrate with the convergence rune, and it looks like it's igniting enemies? But I never see a massive spike in my damage or in my character tab numbers. No icon shows up. Am I missing something?

kennah

Is the firebird set bugged on pc? I just got my 6th piece and have no idea how to tell if the buff is activating when I ignite an enemy. I'm using disintegrate with the convergence rune, and it looks like it's igniting enemies? But I never see a massive spike in my damage or in my character tab numbers. No icon shows up. Am I missing something?
It's a very slight boost until you hit an elite with it.

Nokterian

Impale Demon Hunter is very strong, played it before a 2 season back and now it is even stronger than before and still very fun to play.

Hammerdin needs work my whole sound screws up when all those hammers are swirling around and they did not fix it yet again in patch 2.5..

Monk Generator is fun but way to intense to keep it up.

kennah

I'm probably a combo of not a good enough player/not good enough gear for the Raiment Shenlong build.

I couldn't find a link to the Inna's ShenLong build, what is it?

Got GR 70 solo done tonight with Impale build. Some cruddy pieces, but I spent a lot of mats optimizing what I had.

Was using Multishot Unhallowed Essence all the rest of the season.

Impale just crushes though. Did from GR60 until the 70 with like no deaths.

Haven't seen a primal yet in the wild though.

Need a better (ancient) dagger badly.

Nerix

Unhallowed Eessence Set Dungeon is a pain in the ass. Tried it with a friend quite a few times, we made it only once to get 6 x 20 hits - but then we didn't manage to clear the dungeon in time...

Radec

So I'm having trouble finding a The Slanderer sword, is there any weapon that I can use for a support monk for high GR farming ?

MayMay

Banned
Hey D3 Gaf

Is right now a good time to get back into Diablo 3? And how hard would it be? I played it a bunch on release many years ago, but it seems like --- a LOT --- has changed from back then. What are the most important differences and do I need the Expansion?

Edit: And would I miss out on anything if I just played through the campaign again (because that is probably the best way of getting to know some of the changes) but without the Expansion - and then I'd just buy it once I finished that? Or would my experience be different if I played the campaign - with - the expansion?

Hzoltan69

Need some help, guys. I can't get GR70 done on my Witch Doctor. I'm running the textbook Zunimassa pet build and have all the necessary gear items, but my dps just doesn't seem to be enough. It is ok for GR60-65, but not 70.
Any tips how I can boost my damage further? My weapon doesn't have a gem, so that's something I can try, but other than that, I'm out of ideas...

Baliis

Need some help, guys. I can't get GR70 done on my Witch Doctor. I'm running the textbook Zunimassa pet build and have all the necessary gear items, but my dps just doesn't seem to be enough. It is ok for GR60-65, but not 70.
Any tips how I can boost my damage further? My weapon doesn't have a gem, so that's something I can try, but other than that, I'm out of ideas...

Gem in weapon is pretty big. Can you link your profile so we can see your gear?

Bombless

Hey D3 Gaf

Is right now a good time to get back into Diablo 3? And how hard would it be? I played it a bunch on release many years ago, but it seems like --- a LOT --- has changed from back then. What are the most important differences and do I need the Expansion?

Edit: And would I miss out on anything if I just played through the campaign again (because that is probably the best way of getting to know some of the changes) but without the Expansion - and then I'd just buy it once I finished that? Or would my experience be different if I played the campaign - with - the expansion?

D3 without the expansion is a shit game. The 5th act is nice but it's the adventure mode gameplay that makes the endgame fun. And yeah, it's easy to roll back into it if you play seasons.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Hey D3 Gaf

As good a time as any I guess, although the most ideal time will probably be when the Necromancer DLC comes out. With a bit of luck they'll do a game + xpac + dlc bundle.

Regardless, buy the expansion. As has been said already, the expansion makes the game infinitely better. And it's not just my opinion. You won't find anyone who'll argue otherwise. The base game is so lackluster by comparison.

Ultratech

Finally finished up the Season Journey.

OADOtwVl.jpg

Much like I thought, the only thing I had left to do was one more Conquest.

So I decided to do Years of War and made another Monk and got GR55 done with the Sunwuko (WoL) and Inna's Sets. (Already had 4/6 with my DH.)

Come to think of it, this is the first time I actually bothered to fully complete the Season Journey.

Every other season, I either got close or found the requirements too ridiculous.

tamminen

Crafted over 200 necklaces and burned all shards on necks over the weekend and still no fire immunity neck whaaat the heeeeeeeell!!!

I just wanna play my stupid zmonk on 4mans blizz please.

Anastasis

Question: I started my first hardcore season character and wanted to bump up the difficulty a notch, but it said I needed to clear Act IV. Do I really need to play through the whole campaign again or could I just defeat diablo on adventure mode?

Thanks!

Kadin

Installing to start up the Necro beta as well. Always looking for a reason to revisit the game as I've been away the last couple seasons.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Plot twist: Necro campaign is currently disabled.

Kadin

Only level 12 but I have to say, so far they've done everything I'd hope they'd do for Necro and more. Didn't watch any streams to keep from spoiling myself but these abilities are legit. Completely convinced me it'll be worth the purchase already.

Blues1990

Let me know how the Necromancer handles. I'm really curious to see if this is simply a remix of the Diablo II counterpart, or they did a fine job making a balance between new and old.

Just as I finished the season journey and was about to put the game away till next season...in comes the Necro beta invite. Installing now, won't be able to play it till tomorrow.

IceMarker

Add me to the list of people who just got invited to the Necro beta as well, feels good man. Found out just as I finished trying out HotS 2.0.

So I got invited to the beta out of nowhere after not playing for awhile only to get the 300016 error. So thanks Blizzard for reminding me of crack after kicking the addiction but not actually giving me any.

SumGamer

I haven't been keeping tap on the game. Should I buy D3 on PS4? It's on sales for quite a good price and I only have work Macbook Pro as a computer. I did buy D3 already tho but the laptop couldn't really push it to the level I enjoy.

eek5

I haven't been keeping tap on the game. Should I buy D3 on PS4? It's on sales for quite a good price and I only have work Macbook Pro as a computer. I did buy D3 already tho but the laptop couldn't really push it to the level I enjoy.

From what I understand the console version is quite good. Best arpg on consoles probably idk.

IceMarker

For anyone in the beta like me who was receiving Error 300016, it's fixed now.

I made a PTR GAF clan for anyone who got in, just search for GAF in the PTR clan finder.

Necromancer HYPE!

Top Bottom